5.0 out of 5 stars Great Time-saver
This rice cooker is made in Japan and works great. It has 2 timers which I have set for the morning & suppertime. My husband & I love steel cut oats which take a lot of time to cook. I place the oats, water, flax seeds, chia seeds, crushed banana...etc in the rice cooker in the evening and set the timer and the porridge setting. We get up in the morning and the...
Published on Dec 20 2010 by Annie

2.0 out of 5 stars It spills hot water out of the lib while cooking rice
It spills hot water out of the lib while cooking rice

Plus the design of the cooker does not go well with any kitchen style...
Published on May 30 2011 by Ming

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars no reasonable person, March 14 2013
This review is from: Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer In Premium White (Kitchen)
We love this product. The rice comes out beautifully, as do the steel cut oats (that's all we've used it for so far). We love the timer, which itself works fine. It plays a tune for you when it's ready: so nice to wake up to that smell. The only drawback we can identify so far is the fact that it takes about 45 minutes to cook rice, which is longer than some of the basic, cheaper cookers. To be fair though, we feel that the rice comes out much nicer in the Zojirushi, so if you can generally wait 45 minutes to eat, you will have a more enjoyable meal.

We can't say we saw much of a difference between the "hard" and "soft" rice settings, but both were quite nice.

As for shipping, we were very happy. The cooker came in 2 days I think (might have been three, but we ordered on Sunday). Well packaged, came in perfect condition.

Very good Made in Japan quality. I have confidence there is no lead, cadmium, or BPA leeching into my food.

4.0 out of 5 stars More features, April 18 2013
I like it because it has more features. Also the 'pot' inside is better than what I used to have, not aluminum.
The only thing I noticed is that with regular white rice I have to add an additional cup of water to make it soft. For example for 3 cups of rice I put 5 cups of water. Maybe it is the type of rice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't used it much, but so far so good, Jan. 12 2012
Very easy to use, great results for brown rice. Haven't tried other types yet. Very clean to cook, not like the cheap ones with the glass lid and the hole in it. Easy to clean. And it plays a melody when it starts and finishes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooks rice nicely, Jan. 12 2011
We used to have a 1 button simple rice cooker by National, that thing still works fine but we just thought it would be nice to have an upgrade. After researching for awhile we decided to get this model from Zojirushi. I think the operating instructions are simple, there are presets for different kinds of rice. We made congee a couple of times, the first time was alright since we weren't sure of how much water to add. I think the water indicators inside the pot for the congee level needs to be increased. After we increased the water amount for the 2nd time, the congee was perfect!! I found the price on Amazon.ca to be the best and shipping during the holiday season only took 1 week. The rice cooker was packaged well and there were no signs of damage on the box. So far we are very happy with the purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Flawless rice every time., April 27 2014
I've cooked rice in a regular pot a lot and do well. This made better rice on my first try.
White, brown, and glutinous rice cooked in this unit and all came out perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Must des cuiseur de riz !, July 16 2012
Ho Thi Tuyet Lan (Paris France) - See all my reviews
C'est très bien, par rapport d'autres cuiseurs électrique
surtout venant de Chine, le durée de vie est trop courte ( 1 ans max )
Le + le ris reste au chaud sans être mouillé ou trop dur !
Je suis d'origine Vietnamienne, et les cuiseurs de riz, j'ai dû acheté pas mal depuis mon arrivé en France en 1968.
Conseil aux amateurs de riz, à ce prix il y a pas à hésiter.
Mme HO - France -

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen purchase!, Nov. 29 2012
Our 20year old Salton rice cooker/steamer died so we were looking for something to replace it. We always wondered if the "fancy" rice cookers were worth it. This one definitely is! Perfect jasmine, basmati and brown rice! The best feature is waking up every morning to hot steal-cut oatmeal. We've even made polenta in it. No more molten cornmeal burns! This gets used every day in our home.

5.0 out of 5 stars rice cooker rocks, June 13 2014
this rice cooker is awesome it never messes up it cooks the rice perfect every time and keeps it warm for a long time until you are ready for it

4.0 out of 5 stars Neuro Fuzzy Rice!, March 2 2015
Ranjan (Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
A bit difficult to figure out at first but makes great rice, of desired consistency, consistently! Well designed and executed. Cleaning has been easy so far.
Why one star less, then?
Cord is a bit shorter than desired. Another foot longer and I would have to rearrange the kitchen counter a bit less!
A bigger beef is about the need to send the entire machine for changing the battery for the timer and memory. Even though it is a once in a 4-5 year hassle, shipping costs, replacement costs etc could and should have been avoided! Possibly easily!!
Replacement items are expensive, at least the inner pan which costs ~50-60 dollars (Canadian); the inner lid and spatula etc are not expensive (not sure about shipping charges for those).
The Canadian service and parts link is not clearly indicated in the manual. Writing to Zojirushi resulted in the following links:
http://www.zojirushi.com/app/service_centers (Canadian ones towards the bottom of the list of addresses)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Brown rice cooker, Jan. 8 2012
This rice cooker makes the most tastiest and fluffiest brown rice compared to my Sanyo one. I'm giving it only 4 stars because of the length of time it takes to cook the brown rice. It take about 1.5+hrs for cooking time!!! Other than that....its an awesome rice cooker. Its was a great buy when it went on sale at AMAZON....I think the usual price is around $200+.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›