5.0 out of 5 stars A must for children 4-6 who play educational PC games
Published on July 6 2003 by Andrew Taber

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, disappointing, irritating waste of time!
Published on June 23 2004 by M.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, disappointing, irritating waste of time!, June 23 2004
M. (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
The Nemo's Underwater World of Fun game disk enclosed in with the movie DVD, was a big disappointment. My young kids were very excited then very upset. Until I read user reviews here on AMAZON, I thought I had a malfunctioning game rather than a DEMO disk on which only 2 of the 6 activities were accessible, rendering the prizes unwinable and the main games unplayable. And one of the 2 accessible activities, the Tank Gang music maker, seems buggy! Neither the disk, its sleeve, nor the read-me file indicated that it was only a demo, so my exercise in futility began: I installed and reinstalled it. I called the Disney phone number only to find the voice menu options to be misdirected, and at Disney Interactive on-line found no help nor mention of the demo version. FINE DISNEY, so you don't want to give away a free game, but why waste your ad dollars on such a stunt? Guess what, I've not been enticed into buying the real game, just irritated into a resolution to spend NO money on Disney computer games! (It's not your fault THQ (the game designer) we still love you.) I'm Sooooo glad that wonderful PIXAR's contract with Disney is ending!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for children 4-6 who play educational PC games, July 6 2003
Andrew Taber - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
I recommend this title to any children aged four to six, gifted children age three, and children aged seven and eight who need a quick fix of Nemo! The graphics and voices are the best in educational software today. The entertainment value apart from graphics and voices are above average with seven different games. Activity target skills include traditional hand-eye coordination and memory work with sequencing, recall, and matching. My four-year-old daughter loves it and she regularly plays about 30 current educational software titles for her age range.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Year Old Daughter Loves This Game, June 19 2003
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
The graphics are top notch. There are seven games that will keep the little ones busy for hours. The instructions are spoken by the characters and are easily understood. Lots of movie clips too. Even my 2 year old enjoyed watching. My daughter loves this game. I highly recommend it! It came with a free movie ticket in it as well, great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutest game I have seen so far., June 13 2003
ReadersRUs (California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
My kids loved it. We haven't played it much, but whatever I have seen, this game impresses me a lot. Graphics are very crisp. There are movie clips that you get to see when you accomplish some task. Games are standard, but educational.
The main fish interacts with the children. The voice is naughty and childish, which attracts children. My three year old doubled up with laughter when the turtle bounced around in a game to capture mother of pearls.
A great buy indeed.

3.0 out of 5 stars My son likes it, I can't stand it, April 17 2004
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
We bought this for our five-year-old, who loved the movie. Why is it that all Disney games turn into annoying (and cloying) lead-ins or promos for the movie? Why do we have to watch endless clips of it? The games seem kind of uneven (some way too hard, others too easy), and sometimes the software seems to get 'stuck' (we need to back out and repeat the objective to get it to work). I like THQ and their software in general, I've just noticed that anything Disney-related gets bogged down in their desire to "Plug the movie! Plug the products!" My son does like it when he plays it, but it's been used a LOT less than I had anticipated. Gets 3 stars for good graphic and audio quality, but I'd give the game itself a two.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, Feb. 23 2004
Dash (Thousand Oaks, Ca (USA)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
I just loved the movie, so naturally I bought the game. My sis and I have had these little, ummm...."problems" with games for kids 4+. We can't win them!! The older kid's games are easier. But that's what makes this game fun. I still can't win the "Surfin' With Crush" level though. "Nemo's Underwater World of Fun" actually has a story to it. Nemo wants to prove to his dad that he can move around just as well as any other fish. So Marlin sets up a "Super Swim Challenge" game, that will test Nemo's swimming skills. It goes from there in that you have to help Nemo win a certain number of "trophies" in each game in order to get up to level 5 in the Super Swim Challenge. After that, you can help Nemo prove to Marlin how good a swimmer he is. I love the games you can play. "Dory's Memory Match", "Surfin' With Crush", and "Tank Gang Sing-alongs" are just a few. Hope you have fun playing! I'm sure the kids will.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, Feb. 16 2004
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
Our version of Finding Nemo: UWF isn't much FUN. I'm even suspecting that we have a "lemon"--there is no way little children could ever "win" anything with the only 2 items that will work on this CD. The EAC game is OK for a little while, but not when the points or other "wins" don't ever really add up to anything. Then there is the music, which, again can be fun to change around a little, etc. This says "Special Edition" It is very special indeed--and isn't worth the trouble. It was included with the movie--which, of course, the kiddos just love.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, Feb. 7 2004
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
This is the best and most colorful game I've played ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, Dec 25 2003
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
I can't believe how bad this video game was. The makers clearly put minimal thought into making it and just wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the movie. The whole game can be finished in one sitting by a four year old. I played with my nephew and kept hoping that it would get better, but it doesn't. The games are all too easy and not that interesting.
Don't waste your money on this one!

2.0 out of 5 stars The other version? Poor Quality Control Problem...., Dec 16 2003
This review is from: Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun (CD-ROM)
This is yet another pc game that could have been so good...The problem? Like the other 3 disney pc games we have, we had to go on-line to reconfigure our computer!!! It seems to be the SOUND that creates problems.
We bought the version for older kids, after reading the reviews here. Guess what? The voices for Nemo and others cannot be understood. It's as if someone put an old record on the wrong speed...high speed....everyone talks like the chipmunks! What we heard of the music and graphics however looked real good.
We're running these programs on windows XP and unable to get the program to work right out of the package, which is a real drag to an intelligent 5 year old and his mom! Bottom line, you probably have to go on line and get help to make the program work. OR you may have luck calling them...
With the exception of MULAN (has a great majonng game for kids...but you have to go on-line and learn HOW TO MAKE THE program work and reconfigure/disable a sound card or something like that....)We've sworn off of Disney pc games, at least for now....they're not worth the trouble.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun
Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun by THQ (Mac OS X, Macintosh, Windows, Windows XP)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.98