5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, he's good
John Mayer is incrediable. Even though this concert was in 2003 before some of his best songs were released, he is still an amazing guitarist and singer. the 1st few songs are not great, as he is warming up his voice, but after that...wow, he is amazing. Definately recomend this video
Published on April 4 2011 by Billsby

3.0 out of 5 stars John;s good but crowd is annoying
i give this dvd a 3. why do girls have to high pitch Scream for no reason. i gave john a 5. joh nmayer sounded awsome for being so new.if john has another dvd or live cd they should tone down the crowd.
Published on Feb. 3 2004 by A. Macmillan

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, he's good, April 4 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Joh Mayer LIVE and Guitar Playing DELITE, Nov. 4 2005
Rick (Abbotsford, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
Wow, Im amazed at the occasional negative feed back. I watched this dvd on average once every 3 weeks. I love his faces because it shows his "oneness" with the guitar. He does some nice blues pieces on here. As for the girls, I like the shots of them enjoying themselves. Im green with envy for his signature fender guitar and the way he plays it. If youre a guitar fan you should enjoy this dvd. Only wish that I could have been in the audience when this show was recorded. I have no bad feedback, not even on the sound. I think it came across very well as a live concert. One tip: Play this dvd loud on surround sound with a cold beer and a bag of chips! Enjoy! ...Rick from Abbotsford.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, June 16 2004
A. Norman (Tampa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
John's personality and love for music just shines in this dvd. Yea, he's performance isn't just like what you hear on teh cd, actually it's kind of breathy live. But it's just so much fun to watch him play and hear him play his music raw. Definately worth you money if you can't see him in concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, April 2 2004
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
If you love the eccentric, amazing, & personal things that are John Mayer, you have to buy this! I have watched and rewatched this DVD, and rewatched it many more times with the commentary by John and Scotty Crowe. The set (as only 'Room For Squares' and 'Inside Wants Out' had been released at the time) is very good and you should definitely see it if you like John Mayer. If, as a previous review suggested, you do not enjoy watching John live, then buy the live CD. I personally believe the music is quality, which is hard to find these days. John Mayer is totally live with no annoying lip-syncing, lengthy costume changes, overdone pyro, etc. It's refreshing to see an artist like this on stage. His unique "guitar faces" (as JM himself says on this DVD) and "dances" could be unpleasant to some I suppose. But appreciate the fact that it is a live show! No editing of the vocals has been done, etc. His guitar skills are amazing! I strongly suggest going to see John Mayer on tour, because you get to see even more impressive things than this. The DVD does do a good job of showing what he is like. He talks/rambles in the show which is extremely funny with his wit. He also (I believe) sings beautifully. He covers The Police's 'Message In A Bottle' and then Stevie Ray Vaughan's 'Lenny' before going into his older and unreleased song 'Man on the Side'. Make sure you listen to the commentary! His sense of humor is great, and it provides you with a greater appreciation for him as a person.

3.0 out of 5 stars John;s good but crowd is annoying, Feb. 3 2004
A. Macmillan "whitestripes123" (Minneapolis MN USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars John & the Random Screaming Girls of Alabama, Nov. 4 2003
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
Picture if you will a beautiful song being sung by one of the best singers/song writers to come out in the last 10 years. Just sit back and relax. <pause> Nice isn't it? Nothing better after a long, difficult week than to ... AAAAAHHHHHHHHH YEEEE HAW! What was that? Did someone in the audience sit on a duck? Back to the music <pause>... hard to believe that such a young guy can write such ... YIPPIE KY YEA!!!!!!!!! OK, well may be this crowd is "excited" because this is the first and second songs on the DVD. Let's see, track 4 ... As I was saying, this is such relaxing ... WE LOVE YOU JOHN!!!!!!! <Repeat experience over about 20 tracks and you get the idea.>
It is like Girls Gone Wild at a mellow concert, without the nudity. It is obnoxious and out of place. Completely expected at New Kids on the Block, N'SYNC, and Backstreet Boys concerts, rodeos, prison riots and Def Jam Comedy, but a John Mayer DVD?
By this DVD and you'll ask the question: Did the audio guy actually mic a band of underage drunken female hillbilles? It ruins the entire DVD to hear such great songs and then scream after random scream. I really wanted this DVD to be good, but please don't do what I did; don't by this DVD. But if you insist, I am selling mine up there in the right hand corner. Or how about this, buy John's CD Room For Squares and for $2 a hour I will come to your house and scream at random during the songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a one hit wonder...., Oct. 26 2003
Jennifer (Gastonia, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
If you listen to the commentary--John talks about a woman calling him a one hit wonder, which he isn't. His whole cd is a hit and he should of had more than 3 singles. I would recommend this DVD to any true John Mayer fan. I got it for my birthday and that was 3 months ago and I still watch it! He is great in concert, but even better when you can watch him any time you want.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again, Oct. 24 2003
Crumpeteer (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
After reading a few reviews I bought this DVD. Never again.
The picture is OK but the audio mix is NOT. The music was a very poor mix and the vocals were terrible. I could not understand what he was singing about.
As far as having to watch John eating his microphone, it made me feel sick. Why take so many close-ups of his mouth?
He is obviously very talented but has been sold short by the technical bods.
No more antiquated 4.3. Widescreen for all releases please.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome concert dvd!, Oct. 7 2003
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
I loved this dvd! I own many concert dvds, but this one is by far my favorite. The performance was great, I especially liked John's little ad-libs. His humor bits between songs were funny and a great personal touch. It was nice to watch a concert that focused on the music, not on pyrotechnics or dancing or some fancy light show. Another bonus on this dvd was the commentary. It was fun to listen to and helped you feel connected to each and every song. The special features interview was great too! It showed more of John's personality. This is a fun dvd and I plan to watch it again and again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but probably not in the way he meant, Oct. 5 2003
This review is from: John Mayer - Any Given Thursday (DVD)
My dad bought this DVD for me, knowing that I'm a John Mayer fan, and he's kind of one too. Don't get me wrong, I love John Mayer and his music but... watching the DVD was too funny. His expressions when he sang, lol he looked like he was in pain! He sure can make weird shapes with his mouth. =P And as my dad puts it, "he eats the microphone" while he sings. My mom said you should just watch it from the neck down. (to watch his guitar playing) The music though, is awesome! I loved how he added parts to songs that we all know by heart. Keeps things more interesting, you know?
So all in all, I would recommend this to any John Mayer fan, or even if you're not one!

ARRAY(0xae3d2480)