5.0 out of 5 stars There's no better way to start off.
Unlike Eminem, 50 doesn't rap about his family, such as his son. If you're trying to base your decision about buying this album from hearing the song "Wanksta", then don't buy it. Although "Wanksta" is a very creative song, the style on Get Rich... is mostly enhanced brilliantly by Dre's incredible beats along with Eminem's influence on 50. When you compare "Patiently...
Published on Feb. 19 2003 by Shannon Brunelle
1.0 out of 5 stars what the hell is this
ok i like every kind of music but come on 50 cent cd is only worth 50 cent may i say anymore will not cuz this cd really sucks its so stupid theres only 1 good song in that song ''in da club '' sucks big time plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dont buy this cd ant worth the money
Published on Oct. 12 2003 by randy
Most Helpful First | Newest First
1.0 out of 5 stars what the hell is this,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)ok i like every kind of music but come on 50 cent cd is only worth 50 cent may i say anymore will not cuz this cd really sucks its so stupid theres only 1 good song in that song ''in da club '' sucks big time plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dont buy this cd ant worth the money
1.0 out of 5 stars This album is worth about 50 cents,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)This guy can't rap. Not only that but he encourages all kinds of things that are terrible. His is a terrible role model for kids. In closing I do not reccomend this album.
5.0 out of 5 stars There's no better way to start off.,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)Unlike Eminem, 50 doesn't rap about his family, such as his son. If you're trying to base your decision about buying this album from hearing the song "Wanksta", then don't buy it. Although "Wanksta" is a very creative song, the style on Get Rich... is mostly enhanced brilliantly by Dre's incredible beats along with Eminem's influence on 50. When you compare "Patiently Waiting" and "Don't Push Me" to his earlier songs, his ealier songs don't even come close to matching the caliber. In this ablum you'll hear the latest lyrical battle between Ja Rule and 50. In "Back Down" he says, "I'm back in the game shorty to RULE and conquer, to sing for h**s and sound like the cookie monster." You all know these battle always add a little extra to an album. So this ablum is already gigantic and will continue to grow as people discover 50 cent's unbelievable god-gifted talent for the rap game. And if you're a Dre fan then here's another young artist to keep him in this industry longer. Much appreciation for Eminem, Dre., and 50, so keep the hits coming and I'll keep buying them.
5.0 out of 5 stars New Hip Hop Classic,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Dlx Ltd (Audio CD)Believe The Hype!!!...50 Cent's album is the secret weapon in this "Rap War", ready to blow every rapper away. He flows as if it's the easiest thing to him, like he's just telling a story and that has not been seen in hip hop for the longest time. He takes you on a musical journey about his life and street life as well; something many rappers are afraid to rap about because they are afraid to show they have no credibility. 50 Cent not only has the skill but the street credibility, and it show through his lyrics on this album. Each track has some of the hottest beats and his rhymes add a spice to each track making any of these song's a classic! This album has the club bouncer's like "In Da Club" and "If I Can't". The Hard stuff that make street anthem are there too; gritty tracks like "What up Gansta", bonus track "Wanksta" and "Back Down", which puts fakes like Ja Rule to shame. GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN' also has guests like Eminem and Nate Dogg, two artists that always make tracks blazin'. 50 Cent is ready for the crown and it seems that it is going to be well deserved. "I'm Focused Man!!" This album is a definite pleaser for true hip hop fans. GGGGGG G-Unit!!!
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Get Rich Or Die Tryin',
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)This CD is great! His beats (Eminem & Dr. Dre) and lyrics combined make the greatest hardcore gangsta rap album to come.
1. Intro (0:06)(N/A): 2 quarters fall on a table, a gun being loaded then cocked. Period.
2. What Up Gangsta (2:59)(9/10): This song is great!! No the best... but it lives up to the rest of the 50 cent stuff.
3. Patiently Waiting (Feat. Eminem)(4:48)(10/10): The longest song on the album. Eminem contributes TONS to the song
4. Many Men (Wish Death)(4:16)(10/10): "Many, many, many, many, many men-- wish deaff 'pon me"
5. In Da Club (3:13)(10/10): The first official single off the album really lives up to 50's rep.
6. High All the Time (4:29)(9/10): ...50 Cent and the marijuana!!!
7. Heat (4:14)(10/10): This one is my 3rd favorite song on the album!!! It's about guns and stuff. And I was surprised when i wuz lookin at my friend's 'Get Rich..', that 'Heat' was taken off it.
8. If I Can't (3:16)(9/10): All my friends love this one, but i like it a BIT less.
9. Blood Hound (Feat. Young Buck)(4:00)(11/10): The BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM. A CATCHY CHORUS. AND A SWEET "RRRUFFFFF" AFTER EVERY 2 LINES. YOUNG BUCK DOES PRETTY GOOD, TOO.
10. Back Down (4:03)(10/10): A JA RULE DISS!! ... This one's good. The last "RRRUFFFFF" from Blood Hound carries into the beginning of this song. The ending is hilarious!!!
11. P.I.M.P. (4:09)(10/10): From the steel drums to the upbeat lyrics... a Pimp classic!!
12. Like My Style (Feat. Tony Yayo)(3:13)(9/10): This one is ok. But Yayo doesn't get enough of anything in this song.
13. Poor Li'l Rich (3:19)(9/10): A high rating, yes! But actually the worst song on the album. But still getz a 9.
14. 21 Questions (Feat. Nate Dogg)(3:44)(10/10): This one has a meaning, being a song for 'Shorty', the girl. Nate Dogg has never failed with his appearances on song to bring the best chrouses.
15. Don't Push Me (Feat. Lloyd Banks & Eminem)(4:08)(10/10): This is my second favorite song. Em has the best few lines at the end- ...P>16. Gotta Make It to Heaven (4:00)(9/10): Eh... the music is amazing and the chorus is pretty repetitive but still good.
*17. Wanksta (3:39)(9/10): This song got way TOO much hype its not THAT good...
*18. U Not Like Me (4:15)(9/10): This one ain't too bad at all, not bad for some old 50 material.
*19. Life's On The Line (3:38)(10/10): The oldest of the bonus tracks, but the best!!!
Finally!! The End. This BETTER BE HELPFUL!!! ...F-F-F-F-Fifty!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Always about it,
By A Customer
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)Hey everyone, the stupid retard that keeps giving 50 cent 5 stars, his name is "always about it" look for this b***h. He also is the one that keeps giving g-unit, nelly, j-kwon, chingy, ja rule, and cassidy five stars. Amazon should delete this f**ker.
5.0 out of 5 stars 50's Magnum Opus,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)incredible debut.. nuff said.
Im an old school head, this still has a good flow, dre is tight, and eminem shines as a guest.
Must purchase. Great gangsta rap album
5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best rap albums in a long time!!,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Clean) (Audio CD)50 Cent has created a masterpiece that measures to albums from Ice Cube and Ice-T and he has managed to outshine the over-rated Eminem. 21 Questions and In Da Club both reached #1 on the Hot 100 Singles and the other single, P.I.M.P. managed to reach the top three. 50 Cent is brilliant and he knows how to make great rap songs. I can't understand why people are on his case- but this is truly an amazing album.
50 Cent is one of the best rap stars since L.L. Cool J and Ice Cube.
5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best rap stars in a long, long time,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)50 Cent is a breath of fresh air in the world of rap. 50 Cent soared to #1 with the smash single, In Da Club. P.I.M.P. reached top five and 21 Questions was a chart topper for 4 weeks. Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a masterpiece and one of the best rap albums in a long time. He outshines Enimen with this classic rap album. 50 Cent is brilliant.
5.0 out of 5 stars Fiddy's got game,
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (Audio CD)There aren't many reviews given by me that have perfect scores, but this is just about as close as you'll get to one. Get Rich or Die Tryin' is 50's first major album and it is a hell of a way to get noticed. The beats are superb in most (dre...dre...dre!!!!) but the lyrics are sometimes repetitive... "i got a gat and ill shoot ya" "wit a gat in my hand" "die by my gat" that sorta stuff.. but that doesnt mean it is still not good to listen to!
1) Intro N/A
2) What Up Gangsta? 9.2/10
3) Patiently Waiting 9.5/10
4) Many Men (Wish Death) 9.4/10
5) In Da Club 9.6/10
6) High All The Time 8.7/10
7) Heat 9/10
8) If I Can't 9.9/10
9) Blood Hound 6/10
10) Back Down 8/10
11) P.I.M.P 9.8/10
12) Like My Style 7/10
13) Poor Lil' Rich 6.2/10
14) 21 Questions 9.6/10
15) Dont Push Me 9.3/10
16) Gotta Make It To Heaven 8.5/10
17/18 Bonus.. 5/10
Try this album out, and if u like, also get The Massacre, and maybe Get Rich Or Die Tryin' OST cauz its ok too.
Most Helpful First | Newest First