5.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE GAS !
Published on June 19 2003 by babymama

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy only 1 to try on baby first - not the best for REFLUX!
Published on June 11 2003 by Jacqueline Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE GAS !, June 19 2003
This review is from: Playtex Premium Nurser Newborn Gift Set (Baby Product)
These are BY FAR the best bottles. They are the best for gassy tummys! My mom used them with my sister (25 now) me (19) and my younger brother (14). The complaint I'm hearing the most is that it's hard to mix enough formula in them. I didn't find this as a problem b/c we mix the formula in a tupperware juice holder and pre make our bottles b4 we leave the house. I find that easier than dumping powdered stinkey formula all over the car ! :) Just a suggestion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for warming breastmilk., June 12 2003
This review is from: Playtex Premium Nurser Newborn Gift Set (Baby Product)
The one thing that I would say this bottle has an advantage over the Avent bottles is warming breastmilk - (because you are not supposed to microwave breastmilk because it loses a lot of nutrients). All you have to do is pour the milk in the bottle and cap it and stick it in a cup of hot tap water. The milk warm in minutes! My son does great with this bottle when I'm away and can't nurse him (although to him there is nothing like the real thing).

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy only 1 to try on baby first - not the best for REFLUX!, June 11 2003
This review is from: Playtex Premium Nurser Newborn Gift Set (Baby Product)
We got this as a shower gift. At first it worked really well with our son but soon we discovered that he had a minor case of Reflux. This does the job of cutting down on the air but it's hard to get all the formula into the nipple toward the end - so he did get some air. The nipple is nothing like the breast like it says that it is - it was too big for our son's mouth. It was easier to clean since all you have to do is remove the liner. But buying the liners all the time can get costly. I would seriously recommend get the Playtex Ventaire's because it cuts down on the air alot more and the bottles are angled to as much formula into the nipple as possible and the nipples are much easier for baby to suck on (make sure you get stage 1 for newborns and stage 2 for older babies).

Playtex Premium Nurser Newborn Gift Set