5.0 out of 5 stars Warner, where is the boxed set?
Published on May 28 2004 by John A. Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars Com'on WB, put EFFORT into these discs!
Published on Feb. 19 2003 by Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Warner, where is the boxed set?, May 28 2004
John A. Foster "knightemerald" (Middletown, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
Okay folks, Warner has released the pilot dvd, and two seperate dvds with 4 episodes apiece... what are they thinking? They did the same thing to us with Batman the animated series and Superfriends. They released a bunch of random dvd's with a few episodes a piece and then all of a sudden... wham! they put out a boxed set with an entire season (or in batmans case "volume 1"). They know that if we are fans of these respective series' we are going to fork out our hard earned money each time. Are they trying to screw us out of our money? When are they going to wake up and realize that the masses will be much happier if they would just go ahead and release the entire season? Just watch, they will probably do the same thing with the Superman animated series. They know these series are great (just for the record I love all that I have mentioned). But Warner has left a bad taste in my mouth with their direction of selling methods and marketing attempts with only one goal in mind, to get as much money out of us as they possily can. Frankly, I'm getting sick of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is the boxed set?, May 28 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Justice for All, Aug. 30 2003
R. J Rey (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
The adventures of the mightiest crime-fighting team in the universe continue with "Justice League: Justice on Trial". The DVD contains two 2-part episodes of the first season of Justice League:
In Blackest Night. When Green Lantern is accused of destroying an entire planet, the Justice League must prove their friend's innocence and uncover a conspiracy against the Green Lantern Corp.
The Enemy Below. As tensions between Atlantis and the surface world rise, the Justice League must aid Aquaman to stop a sinister plot to drown planet Earth.
The episodes contain solid and amusing storylines with some strong emotional scenes. The characters are interesting and their interaction is fresh and well developed. The episodes feature sharp animation, rousing comic book action and clever dialogue.
"Justice League: Justice on Trial" is a considerable improvement over the previous Justice League DVD. The episodes are presented in full screen format. The DVD contains a bright video transfer and a well-balanced 2.0 Dolby Digital sound. Its supplemental material includes episodes introductions with Producer/Director Bruce Timm, character bios with highlight video clips and "The Look of the League" featurette. With its nice picture quality and amusing extras, "Justice League: Justice on Trial" scores a pleasing "B".

5.0 out of 5 stars Two adventures of epic scope, July 27 2003
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
"Justice League: Justice on Trial" contains two two-part episodes (four total) of the "Justice League" animated superhero adventures. "In Blackest Night" is a two-parter in which the Green Lantern faces trial for a horrific crime. Is he innocent or guilty? And in the second two-parter, "The Enemy Below," a militant Aquaman comes into conflict with the members of the League.
Each tale is truly told on an epic scale: the first is interstellar in setting, the second spans the might of the earth's oceans. But the intimacy of the characters and of their interpersonal relationships is never lost on these grand stages. Each story is distinguished by intelligent writing, compelling visuals, exciting action, and superb vocal performances.
"Justice League" is one of the best manifestations of our enduring superhero mythos, and these episodes really deliver. I came away both thrilled by the stories and caring even more about these great characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good episodes but there should be more than 4 per disc, April 26 2003
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
I have to say I agree with some of the other reviewers opinions.
There should be more episodes for what you're paying for.
The first one with Green Lantern on trial is the best one to watch. Jack Kirby's original design for the Manhunters were nice to see. Like Batman these should be available in season sets. I don't know if Justice League is still in production. Batman and Superman were terrific shows and Justice League raises the action adventure level a bit than the other shows. I can see where the characters are a bit more streamlined than usual to save costs.
It's still better than the Super Friends which I thought was too homogenized for my taste; even when I saw it as a youngster. I remember reading an article where the 70's Superfriends could not be called the Justice League because...get this..the word Justice implied violence...and they could not have our heros punching anyone out back in the 70's.
It seems so foolish to me back then all the press about violence in cartoons in the 70's and look what we saw in the 80's...G.I. Joe and Transformers. Their use of laser rifles and kung fu would not have gotten on the air in 1973 or 4 when Superfriends premiered.

3.0 out of 5 stars Com'on WB, put EFFORT into these discs!, Feb. 19 2003
Simon (Brampton, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
This Justice League release will contain two story arcs, "In Blackest Night" and "The Enemy Below". While there's no denying that overall, both are great fun, they are indicative of some of the problems that currently face the series. "In Blackest Night" starts out strong, but flounders under huge plot holes by the end. "The Enemy Below", while featuring some excellent, emotional scenes with Aquaman, is riddled with cliched dialogue and plot devices. As well, the heroes are occasionally powered down in order to drag out the plot or action sequence (Superman, in particular, takes a few unnecessary beatings). All in all, taking into account the early growing pains of the series, the episodes are still worth owning (especially if you want to show your friends that Aquaman isn't the useless superhero everyone thinks he is), but the flaws tend to become more obvious with each successive viewing.
Unless anything drastic changes, WB will again put out a bare-bones disc for one of their hottest properties. Expect the only substantial extra to be the short intros with producer Bruce Timm. If anything else of value is added (not counting the kiddie games and draw Batman "extras" included on the first wave of DVDs), I'll gladly give this disc another star. Com'on, WB! Even Disney's Spider-Man releases, while single disc cash-ins, have lengthy interviews and more episodes!!
Fun but flawed JL stories + barely any extras = 3 stars. If you're going to make fans wait this long for each disc WB, give us something worth waiting for!

2.0 out of 5 stars When will they start doing Live Action Movies on the DC U..., March 20 2003
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
The most I can say about this series is that a few episodes are well done and others leave a bit to be desired. I get tierd of Warner Brothers doing so much animation in place of doing live action movies on their DC heroes. I think Live Action lends a lot more credibility to these characters because you have flesh and blood actors playing the roles, they work on large sound stages or go on-location for filming. It's just so more believeable that way. It's just something you can't get in animation and I really wish they would start doing more Live Action movies on the DC Characters....

5.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST CARTOON SERIES EVER SHOWN, Feb. 15 2003
Dan August Cabiling (SAN FRANCISCO, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
I LOVE THE 80'S BECAUSE OF SUPERFRIENDS. I REMEMBER THIS SERIES IS THE BEST EVER. IT IS ABOUT THE WAR BETWEEN SUPER FRIENDS VERSUS THE EVIL LEGION OF DOOM. EACH CHARACTER WHERE PAIRED PERFECTLY.
WONDER WOMAN VS. CHEETAH
SUPERMAN VS. BIZARRO
AQUAMAN VS. BLACK MANTA
BATMAN AND ROBIN VS. RIDDLER.
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE BATTLE NOT BORING, AND I WAS SIX WHEN I SAW THIS SERIES, NOW IM 30 I STILL LOVE THEM BECAUSE MORE SOPER HERO AND VILLAINS CHARACTERS JOINS THE BATTLE, IT IS REALLY COOL. I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE IT ON DVD. IF YOU LIKE JUSTICE LEAGUE YOU LIKE THIS TOO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Again... where's the widescreen?, May 22 2003
David T. Catmull (Boulder, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
Yes, it's a good show. But just like the first DVD, not only should it have had more extras (and more episodes), there's no good reason for them not to make the widescreen version available. These episodes were originally shown by Cartoon Network in widescreen format, so what's the deal?
I like Justice League, but I'm not buying another DVD until they do a decent job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough episodes., Dec 7 2003
This review is from: Justice League: Justice on Trial (DVD)
As with the other Justice League set, $15 just doesn't cut it for 2 episodes of this show and ZERO extra features. I'm not sure who they are marketing this set for, but I can think of no reason why anyone would buy this. It offers nothing that you can't see in repeats on Cartoon Network.

Justice League: Justice on Trial
Justice League: Justice on Trial by Gardner Fox (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 9.93 CDN$ 9.58