Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools

Enter the Matrix - Xbox
Price:$29.32+$4.99shipping

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
Enter the Matrix redefines the action genre. It has mind-bending special effects, awesome move, and of course, that alwways loved slow motion effect. Put it all together, and you have one of the coolest games around.
This game has to main characters: Ghost and Niobe. In the beggining, you can choose which character you want to play as. Both characters do different things during the game, so it's like two games in one.
The controls are relatively easy. To attack: Y and B. To dodge bullets: A and X. Like I said, easy. Shooting a weapon is a little bit harder than running up to a person and knocking them out, put it is easy to master. The XBOX version is, in my opinion, the best version, because of the placement of the joysticks, and the graphics are the best.
It also has over one hour of footage from the movies, and after you beat the game, it shows a trailer for: The Matrix Revolution (which by the way looks awesome).
Overall, this game is one of the best games you can get for your money (and did I mention that it is incredibly long?). It is well worth it. Graphincs are state-of-the-art. Mind bending special effects. Kick [butt] kicks and punches. All-in-all, a great game well worth your time and money.
on June 10, 2003
I was one of the many people who had been watching this game since it was anounced. I pre-ordered it and picked it up the day it arrived. I will admit that is was bought mostly due to the fact I was brainwashed by the endless advertising for the Matrix Reloaded. But I have to say, honestly, I have no problems with my game. I read others reviews anf they talk about all sorts of glitches. I have yet to experience one. I have the Xbox version and I imagine the PS2 and Gamecube vesions would have many glitches simply because they are inferior machines. The Xbox version to me is flawless. I very much enjoy this game. Once you finish it you can restart as a new character. The story will be slightly different lending a replayability. And finally how could you not love a video game that allows you to enter the Matrix. I am doing things in my game that simply make me giddy simply for the fact that it is the Matrix and I am playing it. But all in all, it is a good game in my opinion.
on May 27, 2003
I absolutely love this game because it adds a whole new element to the movie. For example, the first part of the game has Niobe/Ghost going into the post office to pick up a package that the Osiris dropped, which contains the news that there is a sentinel army heading for Zion. Its great to pick up the package and feeling like you are actually in the movie, making a difference. The rest of the game follows the movie, but shows you much more than the movie could.
You can do just about every single move from both movies. You can do cartwheels while shooting. You can jump off walls and kick guys in the head. You can steal a cop's shotgun and shoot him with it. You can run on walls and do backflips off them. You can jump from building to building while running from agents. There are tons of moves and sometimes you'll watch and say, "wow that looked awesome."
The Hacking part of the game is impressive but complicated. You can unlock a 2 player mode with it. The graphics and the controls are not Halo worthy, but then what is? I would suggest switching to Controller setting B for the Xbox version- the right trigger as Fire makes much more sense to me. Also, getting a Controller S makes a huge difference in gameplay.
on May 25, 2003
When I heard about this game, I didn't think it would be much more than a re-make of Max Payne (which is an awesome game nontheless). But when I bought it I was blown away by the realistic looking faces and unbelievable cut-scenes. Did I mention the real movie cut-scenes done by the real actors? This game is a Matrix movie in and of itself. With a special "Hacking" feature, you can actully "hack" into the Matrix mainframe. I use this feature to insert many cheat codes that make life in the Matrix soooo much easier. I could beat the game without them, but this just speeds things up. You can also unlock secret messages from Morpheus, Trinity, Neo, and many more other characters. I played this game after seeing "The Matrix Reloaded" movie and couldn't believe how well the storyline ties in with the movie. The decisions you make in the game actually affect the outcome at the end. It's actually 2 games in one since the gameplay as Ghost is totally different from that of Naiobi. Oh, and with a certain cheat, the game becomes a multi-player fighting arena. Yeah, Enter The Matrix goes Tekken. Awesome!!! Well, I hope this review persuades you to invest in this amazing peice of the Matrix Trilogy. Sure, the graphics can be a bit choppy at times, but the overall experience is definitely worth the bucks.
on May 25, 2003
The new Enter the Matrix game really represents it. I am not really into action games if I say so myself, but this one is like a movie. I started by playing it at a friends house and everywhere he turned during his turn was action. It was scary and gave me the chills during I being the spectator.
Ok, so the game is violent. But this one is realistic. If anyone could make a game this realistic, I wonder what the future will be like. Enter the Matrix is for people ready for violence. I would not reccomend this to anyone under the age of 9. It is unappropriate to those toddlers.
Pros:
Killer Graphics, like an action movie.
Play from Niobe to the Ghost. Isn't that great.
Cool features.
Cons:
Yawn. Ahh! Too much action.
Kinda gets boring!
Without the cheats, you're gonna die!
Suggestions:
Get cheat codes, or face that this game, even at an Easy mode is going to be very hard, too hard.
To sum it up the Enter the Matrix experience is very great. It is like a movie!
on May 25, 2003
The Xbox version is awesome. The controls are easy to remember, and its not annoying. The game experience is incredible! theirs 2 different modes you con use, normal and Focus (aka bullet-time) (dodge the bullets!) You start off in similar room as in the first movie where the huge battle scene in the mable hallway with the pillars (which in this game u can shoot and break) and its a good level to get familar with the controls. As for fighting, i was in awe. When you ativate focus you can run up the wall and backflip, while kicking the police officer in the face, another you can sidewalk on the wall and then break their necks (sounds gorry but theres no blood, thats why its a Teen rating (i think).
Guns. Your guns are awesome, when in focus mode you can jump into the air, almost launching at the bullets, dodge them and then kick some ... while shooting back.
You get the choise of being Niobe or Ghost. Same story just in 2 different perspectives. If u want to get to know the game, choose Niobe, shes fast and strong and with both charaters having 300 different focus type moves, you'll play both of them :)
hope this help, in my opinion, this is the game of the year.
Have fun!
on May 25, 2003
hope this help, in my opinion, this is the game of the year.
Have fun!
on May 22, 2003
Best game of the year. Period. Gameplay is amazing, cutscenes are very cool, and graphics are incredible. The game supports 1080i resolution. What does that mean? Follow these steps:
1. If you have an HDTV, keep reading. If you don't, buy one now to play this game on. You'll be glad you did.
2. Buy the Monster Xbox gaming cables for an HDTV.
3. Connect said cables to TV, completely [bling] out the graphics, and watch this game come alive in progressive scan mode. Amazing!
Anyone who knocks this game visually is playing it on an inferior TV. You really have to have an HDTV to appreciate the visuals and sound effects in the game. Using the cables that came with the Xbox just doesn't do this game justice.
Anyone who says the game is short hasn't tried playing it on hard mode, or tried the hacking feature, or bought the strategy guide that helps you unlock a TON of cool stuff.
Get this game. Savor it. Play it endlessly. And see just how far the rabbit hole goes!
I'm amazed about how good Enter the Matrix turned out,
this game has everything - bullet time, incredible Kung Fu directed by the Matrix fight scene choreographer with over 4000 moves, insane car chases and stunts and guns, lots of guns! Obviously I don't want to go too deep into the storyline, it's up to you to discover it for yourself but needless to say there are many merciless agents to be capped, dangerous yet crucial missions to complete and mind-blowing mysteries to be solved. You take control of either Niobe the pilot or Ghost, the zen-buddhist assassin in your extraordinary and life-changing quest. Neo, Trinity and Morpheus turn up regularly throughout the game to give you advice and help you out if you get into sticky situations!
The graphics look absolutely stunning, and let's face it; if they were anything less than superb then the games desingers would have let themselves down. The Matrix, is a legacy that relies heavily on its amazing special effects and the game captures all the atmosphere and imagination that appears in the films. Further to this the sounds are absolutely brilliant. The charcters voices match those of their 'real-world' counterparts and the musical score has clearly been painstakingly thought-out to provide an absorbing experience.
So the does the game live up to the hype? You bet it does. Not only is it a damn fine game on its own but playing and completing it reveals a section of the story that non-gamers will never see.
on May 17, 2003
I really enjoyed playing this game, but it's not my favorite, they could have done a lot to make it better. First of all, it's to dark and colorless, they could have added a 2-player mode where you go through the story with both characters.
When you see a agent you really do want to run! because they look so realistic. The graphics a really nicely done, games went up a point in graphic technology. If you haven't played the game you haven't seen the whole movie, when Niobie walks OUT of a room in the movie, she walks IN to the game. The game is based on Niobie and Ghost, and what they where doing through the movie that you didn't get to see.
But hey! now we know why you don't get to play as Neo or Trinity... They where too busy smooching in the elivator to take part in the game... Personally I didn't care for the romance at all in the movie, the Matrix does NOT seem like that type of film at all. I really hope they cut it down in the 3rd movie. One more thing I hope they do, is make another game based on the first film so you can play as Neo and Trinity. But they already named the game "Enter the Matrix" instead of "Reloaded" so I don't know what they will do for a title.
I still give it 5 stars because I had a fun time with it, and the movie 4 stars.