Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Go With The Original!
on March 14, 2001
I just wanted to put in my two cents about the Australian version of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Despite its rather hefty price, it offers some bonuses not available on the U.S. or English versions.
1) The artwork is noticeably different, and almost gives the album an "underground" or "independent" feel.
2) The remastered version sounds terrific. Granted, this is probably not substantially different than the U.S. remastered edition, but it puts the two versions on similar sonic ground.
3) The song "Dirty Deeds" on the Aussie edition is a slightly longer version than on the U.S. release; you'll notice it toward the song's end where Bon sings the line "Dirty Deeds" a couple more times and also adds in a little extra squeal.
4) The Aussie version includes all of the song lyrics in the CD booklet. Nice to know for sure what Bon was saying!
5) Maybe most significantly, this album includes the killer song "Jailbreak" in lieu of "Rocker" (an excellent song in its own right, which is found on the Aussie album "T.N.T." or the U.S. "Dirty Deeds"). "Jailbreak" was the reason I bought the Aussie vinyl album back in the early 80's instead of the U.S. version. Great anthemic album closing track and delivers all of the goods you'd expect from the Bon-era AC/DC. (I realize that the "'74 Jailbreak" EP was released in the U.S., it's just kind of cool to have that song on the actual album from which it was originally taken.)
To sum up, the Aussie CD is a worthwhile purchase for the diehard AC/DC-Bon Scott fan, who is looking for the version as it was originally released Down Under, which includes some noteworthy bonuses. I strongly recommend this CD. (This version is also included in the Aussie 6-CD Box Set No. 1, if you've got the $$). Whatever version you have or buy, enjoy!