march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVD|Change

on October 9, 2003
I was so excited to get the first season of my all-time favourite show on DVD. As always, I give top marks to the show, it's beautifully acted and filmed. The only reason I didn't give the DVD 5 stars was because I was a bit disappointed with the bonus features, and I would have liked to have seen it digitally restored. but in terms of the quality of the actual show, you can't get any better.
enjoy!
on February 15, 2004
The first DVD in this set was very clear, but the rest are of extremely poor quality. You can literally see each pixel on the screen, and after a while of squinting to see you start to get a headache. If you love Road to Avonlea, then these are the DVD's for you, just proceed with caution!
on March 17, 2003
Sullivan entertainment should be ashamed for delivering these series on DVD in this Quality. I bought this for my wife, she loves Anne of Greengables and she looked forward to see this serie on DVD. But a 100 times rented out VHS-tape is better quality than this. You can litterely see the pixels on TV !!
Come on Sullivan this could be digitally restored...
on January 13, 2005
The season one version I have has excellent picture quality, and comes with some production features. I think the newer releases have the technical problems solved. The show is excellent and deserves to be seen by all.
on February 4, 2013
Just love the first season, Sarah Polley is so cute as well as the other children & I love the stories the best from the first season, loved the series when my children were little & am so happy to be able to see it again .
on November 11, 2005
The 'analog film quality' for these discs is Atrocious! On VHS it would be bad but on DVD it is inexcusable, to be charging this much for what looks like a pirated tape should be criminal. I've e-mailed the official site looking for a refund. Even if the problem is analogue film over digital, it wouldn't look this bad and it doesn't merit the cost.
on March 28, 2009
I USED TO WATCH THE SERIES ON TV I LOVED IT THEN AND I LOVE IT NOW . IT IS TRULY A FAMILY SERIES I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I OWN ALL THE SEASONS .JA
on June 17, 2013
This series is an excellent purchase for young and old. I purchased this for my granddaughters they both enjoyed it. I would recommend this series Sarah Polley is outstanding.
on May 26, 2014
À tout le monde te ce sont des artistes canadien qui fond l'émission formidable, l'histoire est bonne et la beauté de d'îles du Prince- Édouard.
on February 9, 2014
It is very clean entertainment - no swearing - good moral values. The characters are likeable, normal and have depth.