5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment
Sure, there are cheaper food mixers, but the Kitchenaid stand mixer is an investment piece that is worth every cent.

Far too many manufacturers feel they need to choose either engineering or design. The practical or the aesthetic. Kitchenaid choose both - a serious piece of engineering that can sit in your kitchen and look beautiful.

You do need to...
Published on Jan. 17 2010 by Thomas Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful
I have two Kitchenaid mixers - I seem to have messed up on this one, it's a lot less powerful than the other. I'd recommend that any purchaser check the power before purchasing. Not the fault of the mixer, which still works well (except for walking itself off the counter when kneading bread), just a warning that if you do a lot of heavy mixing I'd get one of the tougher...
Published 11 months ago by Brenda Beebe

5.0 out of 5 stars A great investment, Jan. 17 2010
Thomas Douglas "TD" (Marlow) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

You do need to dedicate some space to this workhorse - you won't want to be moving it often, but with its looks and its million and one uses, you will be happy to give it pride of place.

It performs better than any other mixer I have had and will take on anything. It is also surprisingly quiet. And with many weird and wonderful attachments to expand its capabilities, your Kitchenaid will be your personal kitchen assistant.

An essential investment. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just does what it is meant to do, Jan. 5 2010
Some Bloke (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Quiet and powerful as well as pretty. Very heavy which is good for me but I can see older cooks having issues carrying this around the kitchen. I have several of the attachments, all of which work well.... my fave is the ice-cream maker tho!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Standmixer, Jan. 31 2010
ROB T (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
I ordered this unit on boxingday Saturday, to my suprise we got it that tuesday. we have used it to make pizza dough, breads, pastas, whipping cream egg whites etc. its an excptional unit and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought it years ago!!!, Dec 30 2010
I just love, lOvE, LOVE my KitchenAid Artisan mixer! I'd wanted one forever (well, for the 15 years I've been married anyway), and finally bought a beautiful cobalt blue machine as a Christmas present to myself. The mixer is so easy to use, and it's great to put all the ingredients into the bowl, turn it on, and walk away to do something else. No more standing with a hand mixer forever to whip egg whites and mix cookie dough, and mixing bread dough is nice. I very highly recommend this product - don't wait 15 years to get one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!!, April 1 2012
If you cook or bake a lot, it's probably the best kitchen tool you can have. It's like having a second pair of hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, Jan. 13 2012
Love the mixer - debated whether to get the professional or Artisan. I am glad I got the smaller Artisan for daily use!

5.0 out of 5 stars How Did I Live Without This?, June 8 2010
Phyllis Roy (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I have used a hand mixer the past 36 years - until a gluten-free recipe was so large that the beaters were pulled right out of it! I got the Kitchen Aid stand mixer from Amazon at a great ptrice and convenience, delivered to my door. It works so well, it makes baking a pleasure. The 5 quart bowl accommodates my wish to double recipes - with ease. It also does not take up too much room - our counter space is small, but it fit in well.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME PRODUCT, Jan. 17 2011
I purchased a Kitchenaid Artisan 5 Quart Mixer because I burned out my hand mixer creating Buttercream Icing. I absolutely love it - I didn't realize at the time how much I would use it. It is strong and beautiful. Easy to clean up. Would I go back to just a hand mixer - DEFINITELY NOT !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, Jan. 29 2010
J. Fraser - See all my reviews
Have been wanting this mixer for ages and finally bit the bullet and bought it. Best Christmas present I've ever given myself. Have used it more than I expected. I don't do tons of baking so this model is perfect. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Satisfied, March 11 2012
I wasn't knowledgeable about KitchenAid mixers before purchasing this product so I posed a few questions in a cooking community and it was suggested that if I wasn't going to be using the mixer in a business setting, that I choose the Artisan model rather than the Professional.

I wish I had purchased this mixer decades ago because it's astonishing how well it performs, how easy it is to use, and how much more versatile it is than the hand mixers I have used all my life. I am exceedingly happy to have the mixer doing its job which frees up my hands to prepare other things, thereby speeding up the cooking or baking process.

I love the retro look of this model too, and the apple green colour is fabulous - it's truly a work of art.

KitchenAid KSM150PSIC Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Ice Blue