5.0 out of 5 stars A sequel to enjoy
If you played the original Golden Sun, this is a must have; even more so if you got the first game. The ability to carry over your progress in the first game is a great feature, and the story doesn't skip a beat. I highly recommend this game for any Golden Sun fan, especially myself.
Published 24 months ago by newfiebangaa

3.0 out of 5 stars |3.5| Hurt by a horrible plot and a generic battle system.
Golden Sun: The Lost Age is by no means a mediocre game. Considering it IS a handheld video game, it is far above average. It is addicting as hell and can be very enjoyable. However, with any RPG, I expect a good story and a strong battle sytem and unfortunately, The Lost Age does not deliver.
Starting off on a good note, The Lost Age is very pretty for a handheld...
Published on June 13 2003 by josak

5.0 out of 5 stars A sequel to enjoy, April 27 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this game!, Feb. 29 2008
Anthony Collins (Newfoundland, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
The graphics and 3D style of play are the best of any gameboy game! The puzzles are incredible, the storyline and characters are amazing, and the best part? You can start a new game after you beat the game, but you'll be able to keep your coins, magic, and power stats that you achieved in the game before and they'll continue to get stronger from there! You'll be playing long after the sun sets!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Rpg game in the world., July 10 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
Golden Sun The Lost Age is the best rpg game!!! Way better than the first one. Even if your new to the Golden Sun games, get the second game first, you won't regret it. Camelot created the highly populated Golden Sun but then, they come out with another one which is even better. I'm new to the Golden Sun games but decided to buy the sequel first, and wasn't dissapointed. The way they've made it is totally incredible. The dialouge is extremely long but after the dialouge's over, the battles that you do are extremely fun. Gameplay:9/10 Graphics:10/10 Sound:10/10 Overall 9.9/10. Get this game it is a must have for any Rpg lover!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can never stop playing!!!, July 4 2004
Jo Jo (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
This game has alot of creativity and excitement! I like the idea that you get more than one person and that you get the team from the first game. If you got this one before the first one, this would still be a perfect game. I recommend this and Golden Sun for every kid who likes video games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suffers from middle child syndrome, June 19 2004
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
Well, I have finished "The Lost Age" (although I haven't defeated Dullahan or...er, I'll let you find these yourself!), and I have to say that the experience was quite good, but not perfect (and sorry, but 5 stars is reserved for the truly great).
First, let me praise this little data animal. Golden Sun's graphics are top notch, improving (im my opinion) drastically over its predecessor. The summon spells look great, although they seem useless, and in fact I think that using them can HINDER your chances to win big battles, but they do look great. The number of hidden secrets is incredible, ranging from optional superbosses to top-notch summons to weapons dropped only by monsters. For the fun factor, this game ranks up there with the best - as far as the puzzles go, I would rank them with those found in Zelda and Lufia.
So, where's the problem? Well, unfortunately, GS2 is obviously not the end of the story, a fact which becomes painfully obvious early in the game. Whereas the first GS introduced us to this incredible new RPG universe, and the surely-upsoming GS3 will resolve the conflict for good, this game trudges along story-wise, simply playing through events in order to lead to the bolckbuster finale. I would liken this to the recent "Attack of the Clones"; this game's story is here merely to deliver events until the third game can be released. And for that, I knock off a star.
Oh, but maybe I'm nitpicking. I honestly haven't enjoyed PLAYING an RPG like this in a long time, and here's hoping that we get a few more like this. Even with the flaws, GS2 is a worthy sequel and is certainly worth your money (get it now, though, before it disappears like its predecessor!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Sun: The Lost Age, June 10 2004
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
Golden sun: The lost Age is an excelent game. It is a little more complex than the first one. There are many monsters, different towns, and lost of items. I would reccomened this game to people who loved Golden Sun 1 and who love Role Paying Games!

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Sun:The Lost Age....in a class of its' own...., June 8 2004
blackaciddevil (in the USA somewhere.....) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
In addition to the previous review I wrote here, I'd just like to say Golden Sun:The Lost Age is in a class all its' won. We need more RPGs like this one for the Gameboy Advance SP. Heck, we even need a sequel to this one. Come on, Camelot Software....we're waiting!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Battle, June 1 2004
C. Kim (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
Man, it's three in the morning...and just finished Golden Sun: The Lost Age... I won't get into describing its contentd since there are plenty reviews with details-
I JUST WANNA SAY THAT FIGHTING THE FINAL BOSS ITSELF WAS WORTH PLAYING THIS GAME FOR HOURS, PERIOD.
Wow... I was surprised with what CAMELOT did with the first one, yet they surpassed the previous work with even better EVERYTHING!
BUY IT NOW.
ps: make sure you are playing with either game guide or online walk through- trust me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Sun: Puzzles Shine, story so-so, May 15 2004
Scott (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
This is THE Rpg to get for gba. The puzzles are awesome, mind-boggling at times (I had to look online multiple times for solving the puzzles). The combat system, though simple, is flashy and entertaining, and random battles aren't too bad as they are usually very quick. But I am not as big a fan of the story. It's a bit confusing and you don't see where GS is going (Some of the bosses have little to do with the story). Also, at least graphics wise, this game really is just the same as GS:1. BUT if you liked GS:1, which I did, you will love GS:lost age, as the locales and storyline, though confusing at times, are relatively entertaining. This is probably my favorite game of all the GBA games. BUY IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great! hours of fun, May 5 2004
This review is from: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Video Game)
this game was probaly one of the best i have ever played. in this game you get to be all new characters <not actullay new but in the first game you dont fight as them>. it is challenging for newbies and puzzle game fans alike. in this there is alot more djinn and pysenergy. and if you get the right combos to allow super strong psyenergy attacks you will get through it with to much fuss. it is realy great and all of my brotheres liked it. you might want to start out with the first golden sun game thought to get the feel of it. it came be very confusing at time but i made it so it cant be too hard. and i can hardly wait for a third game. o i so hope they come out with one. btw this game has a great story line. a perfect balance of fighting and socialzing with locals. a must buy game.

ARRAY(0xb1de4114)

Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Golden Sun: The Lost Age by NINTENDO OF CANADA (Game Boy Advance)
Used & New from: CDN$ 34.95