5.0 out of 5 stars I love Transformers season 2 part 2!!!
Published on May 9 2004 by N. Kok

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Part 1
Published on July 24 2003 by Mark Moore

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 part 2, June 26 2004
Michael S. Smith (Keizer, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
You know, this is just about nostalgia, and it's presented here at its best in the DVD format. Watching this 2nd part, has made me realize just how much I forgot, and just how cool some of these episodes really are. As a kid, I wasn't analyzing the stories and characters, now that I'm older it's taken on a different feel. Some episodes are great, well written and animated, others made me think they simply ran out of time, but in all its great stuff to watch.
The DVD presents the episodes as if they are brand new. Though, there arn't any good extra bonus features. I don't know where all the creators are for this great series, but they are either busy, dead or not interested. I'm surprised there isn't more behind the scenes or just more interviews about this epic. Perhaps Rhino just hasn't done its homework?? And though they attempt to add new sounds, it just doesn't work. It passes, sure, but it once again just alters the series. Heck, even the opening number isn't the original! You can actually hear the original on Hasbro's website dedicated to the transformers. Pretty lame. I don't know who said "Hey, lets' change the opening theme song, and add in a bunch of sound effects! They'll love it!" uh. . . no.
Nevertheless, its the series and you get a chunk of them per set, and that is nice. So pick it up, its great, worth the money for 5 DVD's, I loved them, and even now, my toddlers know all the names and love it too. Now if I could just find Thundercats on DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Transformers season 2 part 2!!!, May 9 2004
N. Kok "Kirby Kok" (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
I Love Transformers Season 2 partv 2!!! This is the second half on the Transformers cartoon' second season. Many of the post-movie characters are still here like Optimus Prime, Megatron, Ironhide, Starscream,Prowl, Brawn, and Ratchet. I like this season because it's not the post-movie episodes after the movie. The episodes before the movie have good animation and story telling. (...) the episodes I like in this season are The Golden Laggon, The Secret of Omega Supreme, Kremseek!, Triple Takeover, Prime Target, The Search for Alpha Trion, The Girl Who Loved Powerglide, The Key to Vector Sigma parts 1 & 2,War Dawn, Cosmic Rust, Starscream's Brigade, Revenge of Bruitus, and Masquarade. Buy it! Highest Possible Recommendation!

4.0 out of 5 stars SEASON 2 PART 2, Feb. 7 2004
JAYDAWG "sljl11099" (Fall River, Ma. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
SECOND HALF OF THE BEST TRANSFORMER SEASON EVER GO OUT AND GET THIS SEASON WHILE THEY STILL HAVE THEM. WE SEE THE AIERALBOTS JOIN THE AUTOBOTS AS WELL AS THE STUNTICONS JOIN THE BAD GUYS.

4.0 out of 5 stars season 2 part 2, Feb. 2 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
I really like season 2 part 2. The episodes got a lot more creative and had a lot more variety than the earlier ones. The "key to vector sigma", (the concept that explains how Transformers are created) are key episodes to the series and seeing female Tfs, as well as going to space to new found planets are very exciting and innovative. I personally think the new sound effects are cool. I really like season 3 a lot because it is so sci fi and epic, but season 2 has very entertaining interesting personalities. Possibly the most entertaining ones so far. More lighthearted than season 3 but with lots of cool storylines (I think child's play is brilliant). It's nice to also have characters introduced one at at time which the first half of season 2 part 2 does nicely. Transformers usually likes to introduce a 100 characters at once and one of the reasons that the characters are so much fun and more developed I think is because they're introduced on a slower basis. (that goes for the second half of season 2 part 1-if you follow me). Hoist, tracks, warpath, powerglide, seaspray, smokescreen and more each get their own episodes starring only them, with possibly another transformer. They have extreme and fun personalities. The smokescreen episode introduces Defcon a runaway autobot who fled cybertron only to end up on another planet other than earth. (defcon looks like a cross between kup and blurr, but maybe that's me). This is the best season to buy before the movie. It's the most developed and interesting.
I thought tf was animated in america. Any thoughts? what on earth happened to these characters from season 2 part 2 during the movie I have no idea. Some of them you never see again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother buying it until Rhino fixes the audio problems, Sept. 29 2003
Amazon Customer (Livonia, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
While I am quite happy to see that someone is releasing the original Transformers on DVD, it's unfortunate that Rhino has chosen to alter the series by dropping new sound effects into each episode in this set. The new sounds are quite jarring and simply don't belong there, even if the rest of the disc is fine. Until a corrected version is released there's no point in buying this set or anything else from Rhino since we can't be assured that the same errors won't be made on other products.

5.0 out of 5 stars childhood memmories, Aug. 26 2003
Terence (Eindhoven, The Netherlands, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
Like the 4yr old kid getting up at 8 on a saturday-morning, sitting in front of the screen awaiting my favorite cartoon that starts at 12, 19 years later i'm doing it again but now i don't have to wait and can stay in bed longer. I think it's a grade "A" DVD, the corny soundFX, the small coloring mistakes(thundercracker with starscream colors) just make it more memorable. Kids today may not understand, but i think the kids of then know what i'm talking about. If you were a fan then, trust me you'll be a fan still. It's a must-buy DVD if you like the cartoon. Atleast it's 10 times better than the CGI versions or TF armada for that matter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic return to the fabulous Transformers!, Aug. 10 2003
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
It's nice that Rhino video decided to release the Transformers, but I agree with the previous person that interviews with Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) and Frank Welker (Megatron) should have been included. Better yet, have a tribute to the late great Chris Latta (the one and only Starscream!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Rhino?, Aug. 6 2003
Eric Williams (Torrance, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
First of all, let me just say that I'm not bashing the series at all. I loved this set and it was great to see the old episodes again. The reason why I'm giving it such a low rating is because Rhino foolishly feels the need to add those stupid BLAM! (Warpath imitation) sound effects to every episode in the series. I mean come on, machine gun sound effects when the Transformers are supposed to be using lasers?! Fortunately in Season Two Part 1 I could switch the output to stereo 2.0 and the added sounds were gone. But I tried that in this set and ZINGO! nothing changed! Someone should tell Rhino to just release the episodes as they originally aired and not to screw with them. Why can't people just leave these poor shows alone? First it was that god awful computer-generated cube thing that would take chunks out of episodes with those stupid transition effects, and now this. ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Part 1, July 24 2003
Mark Moore (Homosassa, Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
These episodes of "The Transformers" ran from 1985 to 1986. I'm not too familiar with all of the aspects of the series. The Season 2 commercial bumpers were used this time, rather than the Season 1 bumpers, but I don't know if all of them were used. There are some white spots on the picture (less than in the episodes on the Part 1 discs, it seems), but this is understandable considering the age of the original master tapes. The extras are nice, but there aren't enough. There are two interviews with G1 writers. I wanted more interviews. I wanted the scripts. I wanted Year 2 toy commercials. Now onto the actual story. The final 25 of the 49 episodes of Season 2 are in this set. They're presented in production order, not original air order. There is less continuity in this set than the previous. Some episodes are out of chronological order. There is one 2-part episode in this set. Most of the characters aren't developed beyond stereotypes. Even though Carly is in only 1 additional episode on this set (2 if you count her few-second, no-line appearance in "Cosmic Rust"), that episode ("Hoist Goes Hollywood") is a delight to watch. Elita-1 and her fellow female Autobots finally appear, but they're too stereotypically girly - unlike Carly. Despite the small Carly offerings, Part 2 of Season 2 is better than Part 1 - due to lack of the Dinobots. They do not appear at all (unless you count the opening and closing title sequences and the Grimlock commercial bumper), and I'm glad! They're so unintelligent, slow-talking, and annoying! Even though this story is about a war, none of the robots are ever destroyed, and none of the humans are ever killed. Still, this is an entertaining cartoon series and worth the purchase, even though it'll probably be cheesier than you remember from childhood. For those of you that missed it when it was on TV, this is your chance to see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats the Original!, July 2 2003
J Hunter (OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
I just ordered Season 2-Part 2,and all I can say that has not been said already is this: The G1 series has a charm and quality about it that has endured the test of time, inspite of it's numerous technical faults. It stands quite well on it's own merit without the need for *improvement*. My advice for Rhino concerning add ons and special features. . Get the Voice actor interviews. . People like Peter Cullen , Frank Welker, Jack Angel, Dick Gautier and many others, they are the people that truly brought these characters to life. And to see them, and hear what they have to say about the show would truly make the collection a priceless treasure for generations to come.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Transformers: Season 2, Part 2
Transformers: Season 2, Part 2 by Norm McCabe (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 109.99 CDN$ 94.53