4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad game
Published on April 13 2009 by Elvick

3.0 out of 5 stars A little more than cautious...
FFX was one of my favorite RPGs. The story in it was deep but not so deep that you couldn't just have fun and relax.
It ended on the perfect note for me, with a tragic yet heroic ending. So, if you loved the ending and thought that it was complete, my advice would be don't get this game. And if your anti-pop culture you might want to stay away from it as well.
Published on June 16 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad game, April 13 2009
Elvick (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
This game gets a ton of hate, why? Probably the lighthearted nature of the story, I think the female leads also play a part in that. This game, is by no means bad. It's a good game. It really is. The story is great, because it wraps up what happens with Yuna and Tidus at the end of Final Fantasy X. As well as giving us more time to see the characters in FFX and what they're up to.

The gameplay is THE BEST, in the series. This is the games strong point, the gameplay itself. And isn't that what games are about? Obviously not. Hence all the hate for this game. The garment system is great. It's basically the job system revived and perfected.

Give the game a chance. It gets hated on for all the wrong reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story & Game, Dec 15 2012
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
Great editon to the long line of FF games.. No guys in this version, but no complaints. Defiantly woud recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites!, July 18 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I liked this game much better than it's predecessor. The story is more interesting, the soundtrack is great, and there seems to be a little more depth with the characters. The trio (Yunna, Rikku, and Paine) are fantastic. There is some humor in the game to help balance more serious aspects to it. There are also lots of chances to faff around and reminisce your previous adventure in FFX.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little more than cautious..., June 16 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, Shipped very quick, July 25 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
This was shipped super quick and well protected. Game, Case, and manual were near mint condition! This game gets so much hate for all the wrong reasons. I personally love this game and its great to find out more about the characters in X.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Sept. 7 2014
great game

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Aug. 20 2013
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
The game works great, no scratches on the disc, it was a quick delivery, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes the final fantasy series.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, April 5 2013
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I am very very please with this purchase
The Item showed up with in the the time given
The product was in very good condition as described
in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars FFX-2 Cant wait, June 14 2003
Amazon Customer "wolfbow" (Vienna, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
When I first read the reveiw on IGN about FFX-2 I was surprised. Never has there even been a attempt to make a sequal to the game. If you played FFX then you'll understand the story better, but I can make a valid bet that even if you haven't the story will explain itself. Hey and an even better thought is the fact that you can choose your own job. The addition that I was so happy about in Final Fantasy Tactics. The only unfortunate thing is since that game nothing has come out that remotely was the same in the series.
But now with a sequal on the way to one of the best FF games in the series I can expect better things to come. The return of Yuna (For those of you who didn't play the first game she was the summoner.) is just an added bonus. The first female lead team in FF and if what I am hearing is correct it will be the return of Riku. Unfortunatly you never know if there is going to be another person from FFX but the hope welling inside me the closer it is to coming out just is screaming. Squaresoft has had great ideas and finally they are going to come through with something great. I say to everybody go to the store and buy it when I comes out but be asured that you are going to wait your turn.

3.0 out of 5 stars First Final Fantasy Sequel... hmm., Sept. 11 2008
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
Final Fantasy X was the first PS2 game I bought. And I loved it.

So when X-2 was released, I went off and bought it... only to have this expression pasted onto my face: -_- (the - are the eyes, the _ is the lips)

It's like a rip-off tale from Charlie's Angel meets the traditional Final Fantasy system... not in a good way. The graphics were stunning in the cutscenes, and pretty alright for the other parts, and the songs were AWESOME.

But honestly, there were SO MANY FRICKING TEDIOUS THINGS. The whole mission-system thing ticked the hell outta me. I'd miss one little task and I'd have lost 10%. The plot wasn't too bad, just FRICKING BLOODY TEDIOUS and not too enjoyable, cuz half the time Yuna was depressed and sulking in her depressed-ness.

I honestly think that this game was an excuse to give Yuna a gun and a more revealing outfit that she had in FFX. And mind you, there are SO MANY exposing wardrobes available for her with the dressphere things.

As of now, my copy of this game is collecting dusk in the corner of my shelf. It's not really worth your money. Just go watch the cutscenes on [video sites] and you'll be better off.

Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy X-2 - PlayStation 2 by Square Enix (PlayStation2)
CDN$ 20.83