5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a OVA
This is a pretty good ova for rayearth. It can be kinda of boring but its still good.
Published on Jan. 4 2004 by Mami

2.0 out of 5 stars Rayearth
I don't really care for Rayearth, The story line is not really there. It's not well thought out at all.
Published 12 months ago by Serry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Rayearth, July 8 2013
This review is from: Rayearth 2 [Import] (VHS Tape)

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is this coming from? And where is it going?, June 15 2004
Johnnny Dickless (Grand Terrace, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
I am so glad I only spent 7 bux on this crap! but I should have kept my best buy gift card for something else. Though it looks cool, the stroy line is lacking and the only thing similar to the manga (what it was based on) were the charecter names. Their personalities suck as well!

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it over yet?, April 5 2004
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
I bought it, watched it and hated it. Why? There's really no reason why you would like to continue watch it. I haven't seen the series (yet) an I think it will take some time before I do. The story is... well what is the story really? I don't recomend this DVD at all as you never get a grip about what's happening. For example. Someone appears, and if you haven't seen the series, you won't know who it is. Try to find something else, the series looks intressting. When it comes to graphics and sound, it's good. That's not a reason enough to buy it. Please don't make the same misstake as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a OVA, Jan. 4 2004
Mami (Somewhere) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting Rayearth, Nov. 24 2003
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
While this is totally different from MKR and MKR2,this anime makes the original story look like the 1st season of Pokemon.The animaton is beautiful,and the music is stunning.I am a little confused why Ferio,Eagle,Lantis,and others are on different sides.Eagle is a bit messed up,Zagato acts like some sort of mute,and I didn't know Ferio could summon killing insects.But these little concepts make the dark story better.If the the DVD had more features,I could give this 6 stars!I am really impressed,and I wholeheartedly agree with the critics.Go.Buy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars !!!!, Nov. 3 2003
V. Durett "Sarah-Chan" (West Jordan, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rayearth 3 [Import] (VHS Tape)
The 3rd part bugs me because someone else draws it! It dosent look so good unless I got a diffrent verstion and I dont think thats the case the voices are the same I think they do sound a little weird but the story line in this one is way diffrent and I wish I never got it because I was hoping for something good but it really made me sad that it was drawn by someone else but its up to you what you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great OAV, July 24 2003
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
Ok, well I've only seen the first and third episode(with Chinese subtitles) but I can tell you this is really awesome. I love the anime series and the OAV is just as good, it might have been better if it was longer. The art has been fixed, and looks amazing, and the background music is wonderful. One of the things that confused me, however, was that Clef and Eagle look rather alike in this. But it's just one of those times when they look the same at first but as you watch it they become completely different, so that is not too bad. They kind of changed Lantis's look and now he looks like Tamahome(from Fushigi Yuugi) which is rather annoying, and what happens in the third episode is even more so, but the great series itself makes up for it(I guess.) If you're the kind of person who likes violence and blood, you'll love the battles and the beginning of the third episode(my favorite part!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful in every aspect., July 15 2003
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
If you look around the case/box/what-have-you before viewing the DVD, you'll find yourself nearly bombarded by quotes of praise from magazines and, if I'm not mistaken, anime critics. What they say can be summed up as follows: Watch it. It's good.
I agree.
Not related to the MKR series and, as properly stated on the back cover, BASED on the manga by CLAMP, the story follows Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu on one of the days before their graduation from junior high school. The girls had once made a wish under a cherry tree in which, according to legend, there lived a fairy who granted wishes. This fairy is Mokona, and ones it (the dub has made it a sort of point, both here and in MKR, that Mokona is a he) descends from the branches, the wish -- referred to as Hikaru's wish -- begins to come true.
Unlike MKR, there are no pauses for humor because there is no time for it. Cephiro's Spirit Beast Tamers arrive on Earth for the "divine test", a concept that's rather hard to grasp. (But the desire to learn what everything is is just one of the hooks of this gripping story.) Drama soars high, and with a soundtrack like the one here, you can't NOT be captivated. The mecha battles are stunning. The animation is spectacular, much better than in MKR and MKR 2. This OAV/OVA/what-have-you is incredible, and I simply must state once more how amazing the animation is. The colors, the music, characters, the light, the story -- they all weave into one epic tale. It's breathtaking.
I watched the dub first (with the subtitles), having liked the MKR dub so much. I don't speak Japanese, but the dub script and the subtitles hardly contradict each other. The dub voice artists aren't the ones from MKR/MKR 2 (sadly, since now Ascot sounds a little un-cute and it's much harder to tell the girls apart), but it's tolerable. I enjoyed it. However, the complaints I have pertain to the English dub.
Why Alcyone was given a possessed-type double voice is beyond me, since is NOT present in the original Japanese track. Also, I find it annoying that the dub voice actors (and, quite possibly, the directors) seem to think it utterly necessary that ALL mouth movements MUST be filled in with a vocal. Dub!Fuu's, "Ah, Sinos!" makes me cringe. We understand that in order to yell something you must *breathe in*. And be prepared for name changes. Umi is now "Umi Ryuzaku" and Fuu becomes "Fu (one u) Hooji" (yes, WHO-gee). Hikaru, whose last name used to be pronounced "Shi-DOU" is now pronounced "SHI-dou". (Note: If you look at the "Cephiro Chronicles" bit, everything is spelled correctly. Ironic, yes?)
Those were minor points that don't really cut into the story. It may or may not make you cry, but, if nothing else, you WILL be impressed. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!!!!, June 27 2003
Angela (Palmdale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
This dvd is the best I own! The characters are memorable and wonderfully shown. Unlike in 'Magic Knight Rayearth' there is no comedy, so if your looking for something with a laugh track turn back now. But if your looking for a wonderful anime with a story line that will keep you at the edge of your seat, then this is the best to get! I would give this dvd a 10 if possible. Beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars This rocks!, May 29 2003
This review is from: Rayearth (DVD)
Not being related at all the the TV series, this can be watched without any knowledge of Rayearth previously, and boy, you don't want to miss it.
With awesome action scenes, and WONDERFUL soundtrack, top-notch animation, powerful story, and a very very pleasing DVD presentation, this is one you shouldn't miss.
The story shocked me at how great it was. I didn't like the TV show as much, but I still enjoyed this, and I think even the casual anime fan, or even non, will enjoy this.
This awesome, 3 part OAV shouldn't be missed. Check it out!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rayearth
Rayearth by Toshihiro Hirano (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 105.87