4.0 out of 5 stars Turn the disc over
Movie as great as I remember, only complaint is half way through the disc suddenly stopped. Family was confused, thought disc was faulty, but just needed to be flipped. That's old school.
Published 15 months ago by emersmum

3.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hood
Bought this movie for my husband who had no luck in purchasing it in any store where we live. Unfortunately, the technical aspect of the disc proved to be a problem - it malfunctioned & we couldn't watch the entire movie. Luckily for us, Amazon credited my account & allowed us to keep the movie.
Published 11 months ago by Rachelle Doucet

4.0 out of 5 stars Turn the disc over, Jan. 14 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be higher with better quality, June 17 2013
Reader21 "scary1" (Edmonton AB Canada) - See all my reviews
I loved the movie itself, but the packaging and quality left much room for improvement. The movie itself is on both sides of the disc and there isn't a good transition at all. The case itself came all cracked and broken

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, July 6 2013
Another good copy to replace my VCR copy. Loved the movie. Kevin Kostner is a favorite of my husband and myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hood, May 7 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon film, May 7 2013
Le film Robin Hood a été reçu en bon état et conforme à l'annonce du vendeur. Le DVD fonctionne très bien.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kevin Costner is a great actor, March 9 2013
This is a GREAT movie, alot of GREAT actors, specially Kevin Costner...it takes you back in time,when time was real, people were real, life was hard but good, I could watch this movie over & over again...I just LOVE it !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always loved this movie, Jan. 30 2012
I've always enjoyed this movie and for this price it is definitely worth purchasing. The blu-ray even has additional scenes that weren't in earlier editions.

2.0 out of 5 stars fun movie--lousy DVD!, Jan. 7 2001
Robin B. Forman "gator-bird" (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I'll admit it--this movie is one of my "guilty pleasures". Never mind that Kevin Costner's performance as Robin Hood won't make anyone forget Errol Flynn. The rest of the cast is great--especially Alan Rickman, and this particular take on the story is very entertaining. My problem is that whoever designed the DVD version must be related to the woman who designed the presidential ballot in Palm Beach County!! Whoever you are, having a movie divided by two sides went out with LP albums and laserdiscs! Sure, there are DVD's with material on both sides of the disc--in most cases, it's two different versions of the same movie. It can be be widescreen/pan & scan or original version/director's cut. The point is that I don't know anyone who enjoys getting up in the middle of a movie to flip the disc over--that's why laserdiscs never enjoyed a lot of popular acceptance! It would be nice if this movie could be re-released on a DVD that is not designed like a butterfly ballot!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Weird copy of the movie!, Aug. 25 2011
First of all, this is not a review of the movie, but rather the DVD itself. The movie, as we all know, is a classic. This copy of the movie, however, is weird. That's all I can say. For one thing, for some reason, the movie is copied on a dual-layer dvd. We thought this would mean that the movie would be full screen on one side and widescreen on the other. No...what it means is that the movie ends abruptly at the halfway mark (we thought we had a faulty disk), then you have to flip the dvd like a record to watch the last half! What's up with that?!? I've never seen that before. Furthermore, there is no copy of the Bryan Adams music video for 'Everything I Do' like I've seen on the old VHS copies of the movie. The picture, too, isn't great...I know the movie was filmed awhile ago, but there is no remastering of the digital image...you could be watching an old vhs copy of the movie as far as picture quality goes. Still, the movie is fun to watch. This copy of it, though, is just bizarre. Hope you have better luck than we did!

3.0 out of 5 stars hated the added scenes!!!, March 2 2004
Kate C. (Lansing, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (Special Extended Edition) (2 Discs) (DVD)
Growing up this was one of my favorite movies-- I was 13 when the film was released and I saw it seven times in the movie theatre. I was really excited when I learned that there was an expanded edition with added footage and looked forward to the deleted scenes.
They are not that good; they break up the narrative almost to detrimental effects and often times lead to confusion. For example; a man, mid-way through the movie has his tongue cut out, the next few times we see him he cannot talk, in one of the last scenes he speaks (the scene where he speaks at the end is in the original and the other scenes were added). This made the experience kind of sour for me. Also with an expanded edition I was hoping for letter-box, but alas, I was disappointed again (yet, I admit this is my own fault for not checking first).
The added features are all right, but not spectacular-- two separate feature length commentaries which aren't very interesting and a network behind-the-scenes program hosted by Pierce Brosnon; nice but I was expecting more.
If you are like me and were a big fan of the original, I wouldn't buy this movie; it tries so hard to reinvent itself with the added scenes, to its own peril, it's not nearly as enjoyable. I gave it 3 stars because the bulk of the movie is still as I remembered it.

ARRAY(0xae3633d8)

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (Special Extended Edition) (2 Discs)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 13.98