Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools Furniture

on December 18, 2003
XIII was well styled and was fabulous on this game. The look of it was new and exciting.
I had very high hopes for this game. I gave it 4 stars but really I should have given it 2. The rating shouldn't suffer because I did though so I went ahead with the 4.
The people who loved this game I apologize to you right now. I'm not a gaming genius. I love games don't get me wrong and the look and sound of this one had me hooked. It was a great idea.
Now for those who want to know what I didn't like there is a list and it's got several items on it.
I played the Gamecube version of this game and maybe that's why I had so much trouble out of it I don't know.
1st my guy was way too easy to kill. I couldn't get used to the game because before I knew it I was dead. I know big time gamers are blaming me and part of it is me.
However, this game didn't have a mode that I could find that once I saved at a certain place I could ever end up where I was when I saved. If you die you start the level over from the beginning. If you are a great gamer with lots of patience that's fine.
If you are like me and want to throw the Gamecube through the TV it's a different story(And don't do that I am not responsible I didn't make the game).
I really liked the game itself it had good ideas to it and I wanted to see the storyline carried out.
However when you are sitting on pins and needles because you might get killed and have to start over is a pain.
It would take me forever to get past a level and I only got to the place where you are out in the snow.
I'm sure it's because I'm not a good first person shooter player, but part of it is the game. There is absolutely no room for error with this game. Your checkpoints as they call them are your only real save point that you have so you don't have to start from the very beginning of the game.
I don't want to have to stealth around though and kill guys only to have one jump out and kill me right off. The controls move smoothly but I didn't like the fact that if I am lucky enough to shoot one guy my gun perspective changes and next thing I know someone could be in front of me before I can get focused again.
I found this game frustrating at best. When I did get the hang of it somewhat I got stalled in the woods in the snow and by the time I got the power turned on the guards would sneak out and kill me.
They could have made this game so much better by adding a dummy feature for people like me. And when you hit save you were actually accomplishing something by using the save feature. The game usually saves your checkpoint so that's not a problem but into the level if you get any distance you better hold on because if you mess up your back to the beginning of that level. That's alot of protection to look for when you have guys coming from all angles.
The auto aim feature was awkward at best.
This game is well intentioned, but I only wish the creators of these game would also remember some of us enjoy games, but aren't excellent players. I understand programming these things isn't simple, so throw in a cheat code or something so I can enjoy the gaming experience without thinking badly about what would otherwise be a fun game if I didn't die every 5 seconds.
on November 22, 2003
Now, I know this hasn't been realeased on Gamecube yet, but from what I played this game is sure to be a winner!
Graphics 10/10: At first I was skeptical about using a cel-shaded system, but once I got to play this game, I was disagreeing with my self! It's just like playing the graphic novel it was based on! And the little pop-up screens thet show you how killed somebody is really a nice touch.
Gameplay 9/10: The controls and how you play the game are a bit awkward at first, but once you get used to them, they're just like you'd design controls for a game! I personally don't like the way they do first person shooters, I like Third person shooters better (Like Enter the Matrix) but this is the first-first person shooter that has fluid gameplay.
Story 10/10: The story of this game is incredible: You are accused of assanating the President, but you don't remember a thing about your past; and then you set off on a search for your past. It doesn't seem that great when you're just told about it, you have to play it for your self.
All in all 10/10: this game is truly a triumph in the gaming industry. Who ever thought this game up should get a reward for the blood, sweat, and tears put into this game. Thanks, Ubi!
Look for my reviews on:
Star wars Rouge Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Thanks!
Sincerely,
Andrew Genovese
P.S. If you want to get the PC Demo For this game an download it onto your computer, go to [...] and click on the XIII game site. That's what I did! Enjoy!
on November 9, 2003
XIII is a beautiful, challenging FPS. It is the first FPS to use cel-shading, a graphical technique that makes the game look like a cartoon. The level of detail throughout is amazing. It looks and feels like a comic book. XIII controls like most console FPS games. If you have played Hitman 2, Red Faction, or Timesplitters, you will be familar with this setup. The controls are very responsive, and allow you to aim with much precision.
XIII has a lengthy one player mode. There are 12 levels, connected by a good story, although the plot is far from original. This can get difficult, especially because enemies always hit you.
XIII has split-screen multiplayer for up to four players. There are 30 maps, which support capture the flag, deathmatch, and team deathmatch. There is no lag at all.
XIII is one of the best FPSs on the market. As for which version is better, they all have exclusive content. The PS2 version has an exclusive multiplayer mode, but it isn't very fun. It is like deathmatch, but you have to only kill certain players. The Xbox version has 8 players online, and voice chat. The Gamecube version is the only one that has split-screen multiplayer.
Overall, XIII is a must buy.
on November 29, 2003
When I looked at the cover of XII, I thought it would be just a normal first person shooter with dorky cel shaded graphics, boy how was I wrong.
Some things I really enjoyed about this game are, the head shots, those are the best part of the game, you shoot em in the head and panels will appear at the top which indicate how, and where you hit the enemies.
Another thing, the game isn't simple, it uses real life senses (like a guard hearing you in another room) which brings up the enemy AI. They are smart, they can tell when it is the best time to attack. I also liked the stealth involved, it's not like splenter cell where you have to hide, it's more like you want to hide because the enemies are tough.
The music is good too, it shows the theme of which you are in and it does it well.
on December 26, 2003
Style of the game was great but to much violence to say. Even though I don't have the game yet but ordering it now, but I have the demo. The people and story of the game is great. the voices of the game has the voices of celebrities like David Duchovny from the X-Files, rapper Eve and the old Batman himself Adam West. The thing a lot of people don't like it is takeing down enemie's. It take's about one whole clip to kill one of the enemies. When ever you shoot someone in the head on the game blood is everywhere on the wall, and that's reasen kid's can't play this game. I like this game becuase of the comic book stlye it has when ever you shoout them in the head with a stealth weapon a comic strip show's at the top of it going threw the neck, eye or any way threw head part
on August 18, 2003
Finally, a nice looking first person shooter, and its cel shaded! Man I can't wait for it to come out. It will surpass Halo and all other first person shooters. You have a massive array of weapons and you can even use shovels and other stuff around the levels to kill people. There is also a great multiplayer mode. It supports up to 4 players and on the ps2 and xbox its online. It has a comic book like play, with boxes that pop up on the top of the screen that show you where you killed someone. There are throwing knives, machine guns, pistols, sniper rifles, grenades, and more to use at your disposal. Now the reason I gave it 5 stars, without accually playing it, is because it looks totally awsome.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Ok, like you I thought that XIII might be a little cheesy at first, but I got a great buy at a holesale aution that I could not pass up! When I got home and played it, I discovered just how much fun it is! The graphics are amazing, I just love the live action meshed into a comic-book style anamation backedrop. The story is great, this is not a mindloess shoot em-up. The in game and cut sceen movies are great, you can really tell that this game took a lot of work! If i would have knowen how good this game was, I would have paid full price the day it came out! This game is worth what you pay for it, it is really, really, long. This will kep you buzy for a long while. - And i am an avid gamer!
on April 23, 2004
At first I was hesitant on purchasing this game due to reviews I have received on the game. But I broke down and purchased a copy and have not been disappointed yet. I predominately play FPS from the newest Bond to Hitman. And this game ranks right up there with them all. The gameplay is spectacular. As well as the graphics. If you are a comic book fan and enjoy the latest animation style with the bold colors and crisp lines this game is worth purchasing. The multiplayer is a blast, literally, and you can play alone or with several other players. It is one of the best shooters on the market.
on January 25, 2005
When I first heard of XIII, my thoughts were that a cell shaded FPS would never work. How wrong I was. This game is creative, and really brings a fresh view on a genre that was getting stale. First, the missions were excellent. Melee weapons were fitted so well into gameplay, and the weapons balance well. Also, the story, the sounds, just everything.
I also loved the multiplayer. For starters, bots! They have bots! Second, the scenario 'Hunt' has to be one of the most creative things I've seen in a while.
All in all, this game easily earns 5 out of 5.
on January 11, 2004
Where else can you get a game with a grappleinghook to a bazooka.
I'll tell you, only XII.This game has all you can ask for and then some.You probobly won't encounter a time when you won't know
what to do but you will probobly find a part that's really hard.
It can get really frustrating when you lose and you have to wait forever for it to load.The missions they give you are awsome.I
personally don't like the ones where you have to protect someone,
but don't hessitate to by this game,it's great!