march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Style Name: SteamVac Only|Change

on October 24, 2010
One of the best purchases I have done.
I have to agree with the consumers reports I've read, that this carpet cleaner lives up to the reports as far as performance and leaving the carpets dry. They dried withing a couple of hours following the companies instructions. Make a couple of extra passes (about 4 to be specific) and a couple of hours later, the carpets were dry.
Highly recommended.
It is this specific model that was recommended and it is one of the least expensive. I am a true believer of value for money, and this model has proven to be that for sure.
I've cleaned the basement carpets and area rugs along with the wall to wall carpets, all with excellent results.
on February 3, 2014
This machine has done an excellent job keeping our rugs nice and clean. We use this every month or so to bring the carpets back to like-new condition. We have two dogs in a medium size townhouse, so the rugs can get soiled from messy paws if we're not careful. Weekly vacuuming deals with the normal dirt and dog hair very well, and this SteamVac removes all the tougher dirt and stains.

The two-tank system is very well designed in this unit. The top tank contains the soap solution and is very easy to fill with detergent and hot water. The bottom tank fills with the dirty water while cleaning and is very easy to remove and empty when full. The tanks are a good size, so with our three-bedroom townhouse, we only have to fill the tanks about three times to do the entire unit.

This unit makes the carpets look very nice and clean, and it leaves the carpets only slightly damp. They dry very quickly, and we've been able to use the carpets again only a short time after cleaning them. Overall, I have been very happy with this unit.
on November 3, 2014
This is a nice SteamVac that is easy to use. It basically comes assembled right out of the box, and all you have to do is fill the water tank before using (you mix your cleaning solution of choice with warm tap water) and then empty the dirty water tank when you are finished. [NOTE: A small sample of Hoover cleaning solution is included in the box].

Sometimes it takes 2-3 passes over soiled areas to get everything completely clean, but in general once is enough. There are two buttons which allows you to control how much cleaning fluid is released as you go. After you have applied the wet cleaning pass, I recommend going over the entire area again for a drying pass - the SteamVac sucks up more of the excess water and this greatly helps to dry the area.

In summary - this is not the perfect SteamVac, nor do I expect it to last more than a few years with regular use. But I have used it 3 times now, and overall it does a very good job cleaning the carpet. So it is good value for the price, and I would recommend it for normal household use.

* For cleaning solution, I like this product: "Hoover 2X PetPlus Pet Stain & Odor Remover 32 oz, AH30325"
on November 3, 2013
This machine is an excellent choice for cleaning carpets. I pre-spotted, waited a bit and then used the machine. The carpets looked fabulous. However, I've given a 4 star because, like some other reviewers, I'm concerned that parts will break easily. Handle it carefully and it's likely to last a good long time.
on July 2, 2011
Steam cleaner worked well. Great price for a quality product. It was the first purchase I've made with Amazon and I was really impressed with the free shipping. The checkout price added the taxes and it was no guessing game. You paid the displayed price. The product arrived at my door within a couple weeks. I will definately use this website again. Thanks Amazon!
on June 15, 2015
Decent cleaner however it does have some issues. Keeping in mind you get what you pay for I think this cleaner is good value.

Pros:
- Both the handheld and power brushes do a good job of cleaning the carpet fibers.
- Machine is pretty easy to use when it's operating.
- Water suction seems to be good, it doesn't leave a ton of water residue behind.
- Overspray works well for distributing extra cleaner to bad carpet spots.

Cons:
- This is NOT "steam cleaning" as implied by the name. As far as I know, it does not produce any steam or heat the water in any way, so that is misleading. I used very hot water in the cleaning tank and that worked well.
- Plastic parts throughout, the handle is already feeling flimsy and loose when standing upright, I would operate this unit very carefully when carrying/cleaning otherwise it may break down.
- Dirty water tank reservoir is not that well designed, the lid is very difficult to get back on at times, if you don't get a good seal you will lose suction. I found it pretty much impossible to empty this without some minor spillage.
- Main tank reservoir is smaller and needs to be refilled frequently.

Overall I don't regret the purchase, but I bought this when it was on sale and significantly discounted. However I'm thinking if you want a very long term unit, consider spending a little more for a higher end machine. If I get 2 years out of this unit I'd be satisfied. Probably best for users with light cleaning or smaller carpeted areas.
on December 1, 2013
Easy to put together, Easy to use and works great. I highly recommend this machine. My carpet looks like new.
on September 10, 2015
I love this cleaner! I used to have a Bissell but it broke within a year and no amount of work my husband or I did on it could get it to work properly again. This cleaner is so much easier to use and I much prefer the separation of the clean and dirty water reservoirs. The results on both carpet and upholstery are wonderful and the lighter weight unit makes it easy to manoeuver.
on December 31, 2012
I had an especially dirty carpet to clean and after trying some sprays from Canadian Tire I got this machine to do the job. I only used it two times so far, to clean the 8x10 feet carpet and then its under side. It worked well. The carpet looks much better now. I am really impressed with the performance. It is not excellent cleaning, but definitely a good one. The base of the carpet which is below the bristles, hairs, is not really cleaned. But the bristles themselves have been cleaned well.

I really liked the two reservoir scheme, one for clean solution and another for the dirty one. It was easy and straightforward to work with. But note, both the containers are one gallon each, but they never get need attention at the same time. First the clean solution runs out, then you replace it and suddenly the dirty tank is full. I tried to refill/empty them at the same time but eventually just attend them as required at different times. To clean the top more difficult side I used may be 15 or 20 full tanks of clean solution, and it took me 4 hours I guess. So, be warned. For the back side I did not clean it so well, so 6 tanks may be what it took.

I was initially thinking about a Bessel machine instead, as it is much more easier to get hire in Calgary, but eventually after reading reviews I decided to go with this Hoover. I am glad now, as I can imagine that with the weird tank/plastic bag setup the Bessel would be much greater a hassle.

I cleaned the machine thoroughly after each use, I is not difficult but as I understand has to be done. Both the tanks are easy to clean and dry. The spinning brushes are easy to remove and rinse in my utility sink. It should be noted that after these two significant jobs the brushes show signs of wear now. I am not sure how long they will last, will see. To clean the intake I installed the dirty water tank and put the machine in my utility sink and opened water. Then sucked water with the machine until the tank was full, this cleaned it well.

It is a significant device but not overly heavy nor too big. It stores neatly in the corner of my utility room in upright position. All in all I think I made a right choice. Hope this helps. I would recommend this machine to people who do not expect miracles from it and who is ready to care for it and follow their instruction. I had a bottle of concentrated Bessel cleaning solution and used it with this machine, no problem, worked well despite the warning in the manual about using only Hoover cleaners.
on November 14, 2011
Having read the reviews for this product, I noted one that indicated problems with the plastic. I did not think this issue would be significant, so I purchased this item. Upon receipt, I was terribly disappointed. What was not indicated in the product description, is that this product is substantially made of recycled plastic. Now, not all recycled plastic is of poor quality, per se. This product, however, is substantially constructed of poor quality recycled plastic easily subject to breakage. Upon examination of this product in order to ascertain why I was having operational difficulties, I discovered that the handle structure containing the pump activation system, was constructed of a couple of low grade plastic sticks, not screwed together, but rather just resting upon each other. The mechanism works by depressing the button, which depresses the first plastic stick, which in turn, depresses the second. In my case, something within the handle was broken. In the result, the entire liquid dispensing system malfunctioned. Other problems encountered were that the brushes would spontaneously lift, requiring me to shut the machine down, jiggle the brushes in the hope that they would return to their original position. Whenever the brushes lifted, the suction would also cease. Overall, the brush quality was fairly low in that the brush was quite soft. One can envision after several uses, the bristles bending and becoming ineffective. The tank construction was poor, the lid of which was a brittle plastic with a hinge that would also easily break.

I only managed to complete a small portion of a small bedroom before this unit became completely inoperational. I ensured that it was properly assembled and used. I am a stickler for reading all instructions prior to use and assembly. In the end result, this product had to be returned. Its only redeeming quality is that the small portion of the bedroom it did manage to complete is notably cleaner than the rest - for whatever it is worth.

I must note, however, that my dealings with Amazon were exemplary. Despite this product having been used (albeit only a little) Amazon has authorized a full refund after the many issues having been outlined. Although I am very disappointed in this product, I am pleased that after many years of shopping through Amazon, I still rate them 10 out of 10.