countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Music Deals Store Tools Registry Home sports

Style Name: SteamVac Only|Change

on February 3, 2014
This machine has done an excellent job keeping our rugs nice and clean. We use this every month or so to bring the carpets back to like-new condition. We have two dogs in a medium size townhouse, so the rugs can get soiled from messy paws if we're not careful. Weekly vacuuming deals with the normal dirt and dog hair very well, and this SteamVac removes all the tougher dirt and stains.

The two-tank system is very well designed in this unit. The top tank contains the soap solution and is very easy to fill with detergent and hot water. The bottom tank fills with the dirty water while cleaning and is very easy to remove and empty when full. The tanks are a good size, so with our three-bedroom townhouse, we only have to fill the tanks about three times to do the entire unit.

This unit makes the carpets look very nice and clean, and it leaves the carpets only slightly damp. They dry very quickly, and we've been able to use the carpets again only a short time after cleaning them. Overall, I have been very happy with this unit.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 3, 2014
This is a nice SteamVac that is easy to use. It basically comes assembled right out of the box, and all you have to do is fill the water tank before using (you mix your cleaning solution of choice with warm tap water) and then empty the dirty water tank when you are finished. [NOTE: A small sample of Hoover cleaning solution is included in the box].

Sometimes it takes 2-3 passes over soiled areas to get everything completely clean, but in general once is enough. There are two buttons which allows you to control how much cleaning fluid is released as you go. After you have applied the wet cleaning pass, I recommend going over the entire area again for a drying pass - the SteamVac sucks up more of the excess water and this greatly helps to dry the area.

In summary - this is not the perfect SteamVac, nor do I expect it to last more than a few years with regular use. But I have used it 3 times now, and overall it does a very good job cleaning the carpet. So it is good value for the price, and I would recommend it for normal household use.

* For cleaning solution, I like this product: "Hoover 2X PetPlus Pet Stain & Odor Remover 32 oz, AH30325"
on October 24, 2010
One of the best purchases I have done.
I have to agree with the consumers reports I've read, that this carpet cleaner lives up to the reports as far as performance and leaving the carpets dry. They dried withing a couple of hours following the companies instructions. Make a couple of extra passes (about 4 to be specific) and a couple of hours later, the carpets were dry.
Highly recommended.
It is this specific model that was recommended and it is one of the least expensive. I am a true believer of value for money, and this model has proven to be that for sure.
I've cleaned the basement carpets and area rugs along with the wall to wall carpets, all with excellent results.
on June 15, 2015
Decent cleaner however it does have some issues. Keeping in mind you get what you pay for I think this cleaner is good value.

Pros:
- Both the handheld and power brushes do a good job of cleaning the carpet fibers.
- Machine is pretty easy to use when it's operating.
- Water suction seems to be good, it doesn't leave a ton of water residue behind.
- Overspray works well for distributing extra cleaner to bad carpet spots.

Cons:
- This is NOT "steam cleaning" as implied by the name. As far as I know, it does not produce any steam or heat the water in any way, so that is misleading. I used very hot water in the cleaning tank and that worked well.
- Plastic parts throughout, the handle is already feeling flimsy and loose when standing upright, I would operate this unit very carefully when carrying/cleaning otherwise it may break down.
- Dirty water tank reservoir is not that well designed, the lid is very difficult to get back on at times, if you don't get a good seal you will lose suction. I found it pretty much impossible to empty this without some minor spillage.
- Main tank reservoir is smaller and needs to be refilled frequently.

Overall I don't regret the purchase, but I bought this when it was on sale and significantly discounted. However I'm thinking if you want a very long term unit, consider spending a little more for a higher end machine. If I get 2 years out of this unit I'd be satisfied. Probably best for users with light cleaning or smaller carpeted areas.
on November 3, 2013
This machine is an excellent choice for cleaning carpets. I pre-spotted, waited a bit and then used the machine. The carpets looked fabulous. However, I've given a 4 star because, like some other reviewers, I'm concerned that parts will break easily. Handle it carefully and it's likely to last a good long time.
on July 18, 2016
We tried a Bissell first which broke almost immediately and then read reviews and found everyone else with a Bissell had theirs break. The reviews on this were good so chose it and now after a couple years of fairly heavy use it is still going strong.
on July 14, 2016
Received today didn't had e chance to open.because received duplicate 2 of steam carpet Hoover.whe orde 1 .I dont know why .need to keep one and have to return the 2 .iont need 2 550$ .I received slmost all my shopping duplicate 2 or 3.so cant take all the exta to shipped .some of theme said fine wil keep.I may neede it .t when it come to big stuff .can't .
on July 2, 2011
Steam cleaner worked well. Great price for a quality product. It was the first purchase I've made with Amazon and I was really impressed with the free shipping. The checkout price added the taxes and it was no guessing game. You paid the displayed price. The product arrived at my door within a couple weeks. I will definately use this website again. Thanks Amazon!
on December 1, 2013
Easy to put together, Easy to use and works great. I highly recommend this machine. My carpet looks like new.
on September 10, 2015
I love this cleaner! I used to have a Bissell but it broke within a year and no amount of work my husband or I did on it could get it to work properly again. This cleaner is so much easier to use and I much prefer the separation of the clean and dirty water reservoirs. The results on both carpet and upholstery are wonderful and the lighter weight unit makes it easy to manoeuver.