Most helpful critical review
Name is misleading NOT A STEAM CLEANER, but is a decent bargain unit for small cleaning jobs.
on June 15, 2015
Decent cleaner however it does have some issues. Keeping in mind you get what you pay for I think this cleaner is good value.
- Both the handheld and power brushes do a good job of cleaning the carpet fibers.
- Machine is pretty easy to use when it's operating.
- Water suction seems to be good, it doesn't leave a ton of water residue behind.
- Overspray works well for distributing extra cleaner to bad carpet spots.
- This is NOT "steam cleaning" as implied by the name. As far as I know, it does not produce any steam or heat the water in any way, so that is misleading. I used very hot water in the cleaning tank and that worked well.
- Plastic parts throughout, the handle is already feeling flimsy and loose when standing upright, I would operate this unit very carefully when carrying/cleaning otherwise it may break down.
- Dirty water tank reservoir is not that well designed, the lid is very difficult to get back on at times, if you don't get a good seal you will lose suction. I found it pretty much impossible to empty this without some minor spillage.
- Main tank reservoir is smaller and needs to be refilled frequently.
Overall I don't regret the purchase, but I bought this when it was on sale and significantly discounted. However I'm thinking if you want a very long term unit, consider spending a little more for a higher end machine. If I get 2 years out of this unit I'd be satisfied. Probably best for users with light cleaning or smaller carpeted areas.