5.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Carpet Cleaner
One of the best purchases I have done.
Published on Oct. 24 2010 by Joe

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment
Published 15 months ago by ittybitty

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoover Carpet Cleaner, Oct. 24 2010
This review is from: Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900 (Kitchen)
One of the best purchases I have done.
I have to agree with the consumers reports I've read, that this carpet cleaner lives up to the reports as far as performance and leaving the carpets dry. They dried withing a couple of hours following the companies instructions. Make a couple of extra passes (about 4 to be specific) and a couple of hours later, the carpets were dry.
Highly recommended.
It is this specific model that was recommended and it is one of the least expensive. I am a true believer of value for money, and this model has proven to be that for sure.
I've cleaned the basement carpets and area rugs along with the wall to wall carpets, all with excellent results.

4.0 out of 5 stars steam cleaner, July 2 2011
Steam cleaner worked well. Great price for a quality product. It was the first purchase I've made with Amazon and I was really impressed with the free shipping. The checkout price added the taxes and it was no guessing game. You paid the displayed price. The product arrived at my door within a couple weeks. I will definately use this website again. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this in 2011, had over 2 years to test it (Jan 2014), Jan. 14 2014
Have tried several types of home units in the $200ish range. There are still design improvements but this one gets a 5 star cuz it's the best on on the market for ease of use and final results.

Never even read the instruction manual and I'm a dude using a cleaner product. Cleaned up the big spot left from my dog having diarrhea. 'Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine, Feb. 3 2014
This machine has done an excellent job keeping our rugs nice and clean. We use this every month or so to bring the carpets back to like-new condition. We have two dogs in a medium size townhouse, so the rugs can get soiled from messy paws if we're not careful. Weekly vacuuming deals with the normal dirt and dog hair very well, and this SteamVac removes all the tougher dirt and stains.

The two-tank system is very well designed in this unit. The top tank contains the soap solution and is very easy to fill with detergent and hot water. The bottom tank fills with the dirty water while cleaning and is very easy to remove and empty when full. The tanks are a good size, so with our three-bedroom townhouse, we only have to fill the tanks about three times to do the entire unit.

This unit makes the carpets look very nice and clean, and it leaves the carpets only slightly damp. They dry very quickly, and we've been able to use the carpets again only a short time after cleaning them. Overall, I have been very happy with this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Machine, Dec 1 2013
Easy to put together, Easy to use and works great. I highly recommend this machine. My carpet looks like new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, Nov. 3 2013
This machine is an excellent choice for cleaning carpets. I pre-spotted, waited a bit and then used the machine. The carpets looked fabulous. However, I've given a 4 star because, like some other reviewers, I'm concerned that parts will break easily. Handle it carefully and it's likely to last a good long time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, June 7 2013
I was very happy with this carpet cleaner to begin with. It cleaned very well and dried the carpet nicely. After one year on the dot the trigger for releasing water broke. The broken part is easy to reach: just one screw away. The problem is that everything inside is flimsy plastic. Plastic hinging on plastic doesn't last too long. Without this little piece the carpet cleaner is useless. Unless you are very handy and able to make a replacement and install it, you need to take the carpet cleaner to a shop. Cheap Chinese manufacturing - very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Item, Nov. 14 2011
Having read the reviews for this product, I noted one that indicated problems with the plastic. I did not think this issue would be significant, so I purchased this item. Upon receipt, I was terribly disappointed. What was not indicated in the product description, is that this product is substantially made of recycled plastic. Now, not all recycled plastic is of poor quality, per se. This product, however, is substantially constructed of poor quality recycled plastic easily subject to breakage. Upon examination of this product in order to ascertain why I was having operational difficulties, I discovered that the handle structure containing the pump activation system, was constructed of a couple of low grade plastic sticks, not screwed together, but rather just resting upon each other. The mechanism works by depressing the button, which depresses the first plastic stick, which in turn, depresses the second. In my case, something within the handle was broken. In the result, the entire liquid dispensing system malfunctioned. Other problems encountered were that the brushes would spontaneously lift, requiring me to shut the machine down, jiggle the brushes in the hope that they would return to their original position. Whenever the brushes lifted, the suction would also cease. Overall, the brush quality was fairly low in that the brush was quite soft. One can envision after several uses, the bristles bending and becoming ineffective. The tank construction was poor, the lid of which was a brittle plastic with a hinge that would also easily break.

I only managed to complete a small portion of a small bedroom before this unit became completely inoperational. I ensured that it was properly assembled and used. I am a stickler for reading all instructions prior to use and assembly. In the end result, this product had to be returned. Its only redeeming quality is that the small portion of the bedroom it did manage to complete is notably cleaner than the rest - for whatever it is worth.

I must note, however, that my dealings with Amazon were exemplary. Despite this product having been used (albeit only a little) Amazon has authorized a full refund after the many issues having been outlined. Although I am very disappointed in this product, I am pleased that after many years of shopping through Amazon, I still rate them 10 out of 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item, Aug. 25 2014
Works wonderfully! Great suction, the attachment works well, extremely easy to use. Deep cleans deep stains quite easily with the power surge option. Also, it removed stains from the carpet that I thought would never go away and had been there for years-- yay!
Also, works well with HE laundry detergent (which I use, since carpet cleaner is too strongly scented for me) Easy clean up, too. My only complaint: I wish it had come with a longer cord, and it's quite loud!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 pets no contest for Hoover StteamVac with SpinScrub, Jan. 14 2012
We've been in our place about 16 months, never washed carpet. The Dyson did a killer job on hair removal but the wet feet were discoloring the carpets. Under the coffee table was an original clean area; after using the Hoover SteamVac the carpet is "like" new. Is a berber carpet to, think it would work even better on pile. Tried an area upstairs pre-vac (for testing) and it sucked up all the dirt and hair too, just harder to clean machine. Was very easy to clean SteamVac when pre vacuuming carpets. Pre vac and steam scrub after and your carpets will look great.

Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900