5.0 out of 5 stars Save after every fight!
all i can say is nothing is more frustrating then spending hours getting the skills/jobs/equipment u want only to get blind-sided by a loss without saving on this game.
that being said this is a master piece and a must have for gba
Published 10 months ago by Jon Kotlar

3.0 out of 5 stars LIKE A BROKEN RECORD
Published on June 27 2004 by encler

5.0 out of 5 stars Save after every fight!, Sept. 22 2013
This review is from: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Game Boy Advance (Video Game)
that being said this is a master piece and a must have for gba

5.0 out of 5 stars A very very good Game, Oct. 2 2003
"dragon2439" (Michigan, USA, Earth) - See all my reviews
Now first off, i have not played any FF game before this one so i cannot compare it to any of them. This game is great, and alot of fun.
ok, the best part of this game is the job system. There are five races in the game and each have their own strength and weaknesses and have jobs to match. There are two types of jobs; Basic and Expert. Basic jobs are jobs that the characters can use and the dont require any abilities from other jobs to get. expert jobs usually require a certain number of skills from 1 or two basic (and maybe an expert job or two) jobs to get.
The battle system is a little tricky but it doesnt take long to get used to it.
There are also a few kinds of missions; Story Missions (there is about 30 of them), those procede the story line. and then SubQuest Missions(which u get by completing story missions)that really dont procede the story but has u do certain things.(there are around 300 of these)

there are types of missions; Fighting(which is obvious) and dispatch(where u send one clan member on his/her own to do something)

Ok, the Graphics are all right, pretty good for a gba
The sound is ok as well
The Gameplay is awesome with hours of gameplay.
The Job system is complicated but easy to understand
Over all 5 stars.
BTW the Players Guide for this game is highly recommended because it tells you how to get all the jobs, what each job is good for, what weapons give what abilites and who they give it to. MAKE SURE U GET THE OFFICIAL NINTENDO PLAYERS GUIDE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game it'll occupy your time..., July 1 2004
Sam (Key West, Florida) - See all my reviews
THis isnt an RPG but more like turn based squad combat. It's fun, many different classes to toy with, lots of secret stuff to find, and the graphics are sharp. The set-up dialouge is kinda childish but hey it's a game boy advance game, what do you expect? It is worth the $$$ so buy and enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rocks!!...but gets frustrating sometimes., June 30 2004
By A Customer
I love this game!!!! The best part is the many job choices. The only problems are the daily law changes. If you don't check them, you could be in serious trouble! The other problem is the totema. Sometimes it takes 5 tries to beat them. It took me forever to beat Mateus. Other than that, the game is perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the best games I've played on ANY platform, June 29 2004
J. Frank (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I picked up a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance because, while I honestly cannot stand RPGs, I confess the "turn-based war strategy" genre is my favorite niche. I haven't played a really good one ever since Sierra's "Missionforce: Cyberstorm." So, while I'm not used to fantasy-strategy, and though I haven't played the Playstation version, I thought I'd give FFTA a chance.
It took me a long time to get fully into FFTA, and I'm only (ONLY?) ten hours into the game, but this has quickly become my favorite game for the Game Boy Advance. In spite of their clunkiness, the menus are intuitive and navigable; the character art is outstanding; the game is absolutely adorable (maybe a little TOO adorable...). The missions can become tedious, but when my nerves begin to wear, I simply set the GBA aside, and I usually find that my interest is re-whetted by the next day.
This game is so dense and immersive, and there is so much to keep track of. Characters are able to learn the skills that come with wielding a particular weapon, but they frequently need to be of a certain "race" (so what do I need to do to make Safra into a ninja, I often ask myself), certain laws of battle require you to rethink the way you fight and which of your characters you're going to send into a fray, and when one of your characters is away on a "mission," you're also going to need to think about whether you have someone who can pick up that missing character's slack.
Playing this game gives me such a great sense of satisfaction. It's incredible. Long, sure, and sometimes tedious, but in the end, an outstanding game.

3.0 out of 5 stars LIKE A BROKEN RECORD, June 27 2004
This game, like a broken record, skips from pointless missions, to, well, more pointless missions that seem to be important to the story line. FFTA, however, doesn't really have a storyline, you never have straight forward objectives which i find very annoying. I have put this game down after countless hours. Well, acutally, i gave it to a friend who now doesnt even play it anymore for the same reasons. We have moved on to Fire Emblem which i would highly reccomend(i will write a review after this about fire emblem.)because it is much more fun and has a story line. I hope that you will consider my review and go check out some of these good rpg's
fire emblem
advance wars 1&2
zelda, a link to the past

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool! Buy if you like rpg action adventure games!, June 22 2004
By A Customer
This is a pretty good game for GBA. I have played FFT for Playstation. I guess its a little better. At first when I got this game, I was thinking, "I wonder, is this game like FFT?". And I figured out later, NOPE!!
If you want differences, continue reading!! Lets see, theres aggraviting laws that you have to follow(or you go to JAIL!!!!), you dont get abilities by gaining JP, you get them by certain armory and weapons, theres missions, clan wars, new races, some new jobs, you can lose units less often, and more I think. Im still on my way to beating the game, but along the Its been a pretty good game. There are better games probably, but if none of them are available, BUY IT!!!!!!! ITS GOOD!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have rpg game., June 21 2004
By A Customer
FFTA is a fun and strategic game. It is perfect to play when you're on a trip. It is difficult and may get confusing sometimes, but hey, thats what games are supposed to be like. Anyway the graphics are so-so and the gameplay is fabulous. The only problem I have with this game is the music. The music sounds to egyptian and kidish. Otherwise, this a hot product.
This game however, gets boring after a while, If your a Gold,Siver version fan this statement won't apply to you. All you do is missions and level up your characters. But this is still a must have and won of the top games of the 2003 year. So get FTTA at your local video game store. Like I said, it gets boring after 5 or 6 months after you bought it but you probaly would have beaten it by now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Game, June 9 2004
Right, so I have a hard time staying focused on one thing for very long. Which is probably why I enjoy blizzard games like warcraft3 and starcraft... my point is this. This game, FFTA, kept me engrossed better than any other RPG I have played. The only thing that bothered me is that I wound up trying to mastery so many of the different classes that by the end I didn't know who I wanted to use for what. You can have 20 people in your party and most battles will allow you to have 4-6 people on your team. There are 4 races and each race has (I think) atleast 7 classes you can choose from, some of which are only released over time. All in all, I spent over 100 hours on this game. Completed 230 of the 300 quests and have very few complaints. When you stop getting more skills for your players is when the game will seem repetitive and boring, so I would highly recommend trading items with other people through game-link. Happy gaming.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost fun all the time..., June 7 2004
"eqillusion" (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
when i bought this game, i had high expectations, as my friends all owned it and recommended it to me strongly. and it was fun, extremely fun... for about two days. the strategy and job-based roleplaying was unique and exciting, and it was relatively easy to get a feel for the combat system. it kept me completely engrossed for hours. however, after the first twenty or so battles, the whole things starts to feel repetitive, and the missions become somewhat monotonous. this is not helped by the less than interesting storyline. i would recommend this game to anyone, but these are just my words of caution.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Game Boy Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Game Boy Advance by NINTENDO OF CANADA (Game Boy Advance)
Used & New from: CDN$ 38.96