summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$7.27+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on February 3, 2004
Not necessarily a review, but a request that Amazon.com somehow splits up the two absolutely dissimilar artists named HIM. This 'H.I.M.' (or HiM) is the brainchild of Doug Scharin, Chicago jazz/post-rock impresario. The other 'Him' is (I guess) some sort of Scandinavian goth-metal. I haven't heard the goth 'Him' so I can not attest to their musical ability, but I doubt they are anywhere near as intense as Doug Scharin's earlier group 'June of 44' (& if you doubt, get a copy of 'Sharks & Sailors'). Either way, a list of the jazz/post-rock 'H.I.M.' recordings available on Amazon may be in order:
"Egg"
"Sworn Eyes"
"Our Point of Departure"
"New Features"
"Many In High Places Are Not Well"
"Lila" EP
There are also a series of EPs on vinyl, and a split LP with the Dylan Group. Hopefully this will solve some confusion.
on November 12, 2003
This CD has such a wide appeal - melodic jazz beat interspersed with a world music tangible feel. Loved especially the vocals and lyrics both in English and French, such a wide appeal to those of us who don't keep our feet (or our souls) in one small place on the planet. Let's hear some serious airplay for this CD.