Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Audio CDChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on February 3, 2004
Not necessarily a review, but a request that somehow splits up the two absolutely dissimilar artists named HIM. This 'H.I.M.' (or HiM) is the brainchild of Doug Scharin, Chicago jazz/post-rock impresario. The other 'Him' is (I guess) some sort of Scandinavian goth-metal. I haven't heard the goth 'Him' so I can not attest to their musical ability, but I doubt they are anywhere near as intense as Doug Scharin's earlier group 'June of 44' (& if you doubt, get a copy of 'Sharks & Sailors'). Either way, a list of the jazz/post-rock 'H.I.M.' recordings available on Amazon may be in order:
"Sworn Eyes"
"Our Point of Departure"
"New Features"
"Many In High Places Are Not Well"
"Lila" EP
There are also a series of EPs on vinyl, and a split LP with the Dylan Group. Hopefully this will solve some confusion.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2003
This CD has such a wide appeal - melodic jazz beat interspersed with a world music tangible feel. Loved especially the vocals and lyrics both in English and French, such a wide appeal to those of us who don't keep our feet (or our souls) in one small place on the planet. Let's hear some serious airplay for this CD.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse