5.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE FIRST!
This is a pretty good film!Not as good as the first,but good.It still has Roddy Mcdowall and that is a mojor +.This frightful flick picks up from where the last one ended.It is a must have for any horror movie collector or any fans of the first Fright Night.If you like vampire movies you're in for a treat!
Published on June 29 2003 by K. S Schneider

2.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, awful presentation
Fright Night Part II is, IMO, very nearly the equal of the first movie, which itself is my favorite horror film of all time. That said, I have been waiting for a few years (ever since the release of the first FN film by Columbia TriStar in '99) for Part II to become available on DVD.
Published on Aug. 22 2003 by Gary M. Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars This is DVD quality?, April 6 2004
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
I have bought a few cheapie $3.99 DVD movies. Though the picture was far from great, thery were no worse than VHS picture quality. I recently bought Fight Night Part II on DVD for $10.99 and the picture quality is atually worse than the VHS that I have! What the hell happened! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Artisan Entertainment is digging and releasing some old classics from their vaults, but if your going to release them like this then don't bother! This is by for the worst from Artisan. Bride of Re-Animator, Waxwork, and Lair of the White Worm were disappointents because of the poor picture quality, no widescreen formats, and lack of supplemental material, but Fright Night Part II takes the cake as their worst release! MGM may be getting lazy too and only releasing their titles only in Full Screen format, but at least their movies have good picture quality! Artisan needs to shape up or get out! Artisan should sell the rights of their older movies to Anchor Bay Entertainment so they could be properly released!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, awful presentation, Aug. 22 2003
Gary M. Miller (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
I'm not disappointed that the presentation is full-frame, 1.33:1, as from what I understand, the film was originally shot in this aspect ratio. I'm not even disappointed that there aren't any extras to speak of (extras being rare for any sequel DVD, really).
No, the problem lies with the ABOMINABLE transfer. The movie seems to have been mastered directly from whatever print Vista had lying around--it's very grainy and looks about the same, or perhaps slightly worse than, an SP speed VHS copy. For DVD, it's absolutely hideous. Artisan should know better than to release such product without at least attempting a remastering which would have tightened up the picture and made it worth the DVD release (look at the 2 films' DVD releases side-by-side...nothing to compare!).
If you're a Fright Night completist or just really really like the movie, buy this DVD. It'll keep your VHS copy (you know you have one!) from withering away. Don't buy the disc looking to be wowed by the digital format, you'll disappoint yourself (I did).
The movie: 4 stars (out of 5)
The DVD: 1 star
Average rating: 2.5 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars No Widescreen!, Aug. 20 2003
G. Joseph Evans (Port Jefferson Station, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
Okay, so this sequel wasn't the best, or even close to the original, but for completists such as myself it was ok. I would've appreciated AT LEAST a Widescreen transfer. This DVD version is a reformatted (cropped) cheapie. The film is grainy and has only a 2.0 Audio. I'm surprised Artisan released this as is. Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, lousy DVD, Aug. 20 2003
Matthew S. Joseph (Huber Heights, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
I actually really like this film and thought it was every bit as good as its predecessor. I have anxiously been awaiting it to come out on DVD ever since I heard it was coming to the format this August. And what do I and I am sure countless others get? A joke of a DVD from Artisan worthy of using as the throne for your favorite cold beverage.
The transfer looks as if the master for this DVD was an old VHS rental circa 1989. Not only that but the film is presented in 1.33:1 pan & scan. Artisan states on the back of the case that the 1.33:1 aspect ratio is what the film was actually shot in. What a joke...the film was shot at a 2.35:1 aspect ratio and anyone can tell just by watching how many of the shots in the DVD presentation are framed that this is the case. Add to this absolutely NO special features and meak 2.0 Dolby Digital sound transfer and this is a DVD you should just pass by.
If I could give DVD film '0' stars, I would. I have never been unsatisfied with any of Artisan's DVDs until now; I am wholey disappointed in this purchase and I suggest you stay away...it [is not good]. No pun intended.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's Been Reformatted, Aug. 17 2003
G. Joseph Evans (Port Jefferson Station, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
Okay, so this sequel wasn't the best, but for completists such as myself I appreciate transfers that aren't so lazy. The picture is grainy and it's been reformatted to fit your TV screen-NO WIDESCREEN transfer. Very surprising coming from Artisan. I guess that accounts for the low cost all the dealers are selling this for. Do yourselves a BIG favor and save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars For cryin' out loud..., March 2 2004
Andrew J. Paris (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
Stop posting more than once for a movie, it's very annoying and unfairly tips the balance of the review ratings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, Boring, Stupid Sequel, Dec 12 2003
Duane Thomas (Tacoma, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
If the idea of an evil killer transvestite vampire on rollerskates really does it for you, this is your movie. Otherwise, watching this film will use up 101 minutes of your life that you'll never get back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as the first but that'd be hard to beat!, Oct. 23 2003
C. Law (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
FRIGHT NIGHT II picks up a few years after the first film and finds Brewster (William Ragsdale) in college and in therapy where his therapist has convinced him that vampires don't exist. Brewster ends up believing again soon enough though when Jerry Dandridge's sister (Julie Carmen) comes after him seeking blood. So, Brewster enlists the help of fearless vampire killer Peter Vincent (the late-great Roddy McDowal) land they're off to do battle once gain.
While not nearly as good as the original, FRIGHT NIGHT II is a lot of fun. As a matter of fact this maybe the only horror sequel not totally trashed by director Tommy Lee Wallace who trashed HALLOWEEN III years earlier and VAMPIRES: LOS MUERTOS years later. This sequel is full of effective humor and horror none of which however live up to anything in the first movie. That's understandable though. The first FRIGHT NIGHT is a classic as far as vampire genre pictures go and it's always hard to follow in the footsteps of that. So if you're a fan of the first movie or just a fan of the good old fashioned horror comedy then give FRIGHT NIGHT II a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
C

2.0 out of 5 stars Kind of a disappointment, Sept. 9 2003
Alan Soyars (Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
After seeing the first "Fright Night" countless times, when I saw part 2 was coming to DVD, I had to get it. I had never seen the movie and I figured since I was such a fan of the first I would get it... Well it wasn't NEARLY as good... Some things I don't understand. Like in the first one, Amy had until dawn before she was fully changed, but good ole' Charlie went through it for days... And I didn't really like the werewolf-like vampire. Regine's whole little gang was pretty annoying. If you'd like to see a GOOD vampire movie, see either the first "Fright Night" which is my favorite, or "Vamp", which has the whole comedy/horror thing going on also.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total DVD Disappointment, Sept. 9 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Fright Night Part II [Import] (DVD)
This is by far the worst DVD I have ever bought. The quality is worse than a VHS and this is a pan and scan version of a movie that was clearly shot in widescreen!
After the original movie, and its comical wit my expectations were high for this one. I was sorely let down. 80's gore replaced the fun that was a huge part of the first 'boy who cried wolf' concept. Too bad - the only good that came out of this purchase was a cool DVD cover case.
No more Artisan (the name is an oxymoron) titles - period.

Fright Night Part II [Import]
Fright Night Part II [Import] by Tommy Lee Wallace (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 114.50