5.0 out of 5 stars DDR makes you bootilicious !
DDRMax2 is the hot new way to exercise. Because it's so much fun!
Published on July 16 2004 by Lee Mellott

3.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh... confusing..
I bought this game for my daughter last Christmas since she loves to dance. But I must say, I was dissapointed in the game because the directions were very broad. Now what I did not know was that you had to buy the mat which was not specified in ordering this product. Also, they price was a little high, and the music wasn't that great. My daughter enjoyed it, but I, as...
Published on Jan. 8 2004 by Susan Farr

5.0 out of 5 stars DDR makes you bootilicious !, July 16 2004
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
DDRMax2 is the hot new way to exercise. Because it's so much fun!
First a simple overview. DDRMax2:Dance,Dance Revolution is a Playstation game where music is played on your TV screen. Arrows move across the screen. The player dances on a dance pad and attempts to move their feet to match the direction of the arrows. The better you do the more points you rack up. Sounds simple but it can be tough depending on the difficulty level you choose.
While the music is playing (and there are a number of songs to select from or let the game select for you) the background will change. Sometimes there will be videos, othertimes characters that you can select to dance with.
So each time you "play" the game looks different and you will have the challenge of trying to improve your ability level.
I purchased the game for the workout and am delighted to find that it's so much fun I could (and do) spend hours on it!
The game has the added bonus of a "Workout Mode" so you can track your calories, weight and progress.
You will need a dance pad to play the game. I bought two dance pads so my daughters could take turns working out with me or each other. Well worth the investment. I would advise buying good pads with good padding so it's easier on your joints as you will be doing a lot of moving around.
A+++++ for this great game that gets both kids and adults moving and grooving and having a GREAT time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game (but hard to buy for Canadian..., Jan. 14 2005
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
Yes, most of you readers can come to the conclusion how amazing this game can be. For fun, exercices, etc Imagine the party you can do as you competing with your friends. So I won't repeat what everybody else already wrote on this game: if you like to dance, listen pop/dance music and get in shape, YOU CANNOT BE DISAPOINTED !!! The game is amazing. Dance pad come in different quality but depending you budget, you can easy adapt it to not slide (with tape) etc This game is a must have !!!!
On the other hand, AMAZON.CA or AMAZON.COM can't ship the game to Montreal :( Maybe because of the "Office de la langue française" new policy on games. However, I was able to get it from another online site and I am sooooooo happy to finaly play it live at my place. Have fun everyone: stay cool ! ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DDR game, June 11 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
This game has many upbeat songs and unlocking new content is easy. All you have to do is simply put in game time to unlock new features. Solid game, and a two thumbs up for fun for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Rocks!!, July 15 2004
M. Little (PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
I gotta say this is the most fun I've ever had exercising and that's exactly the reason I bought it. I like music and I like to dance and I'm losing weight in the process. I would highly recommend it to anyone for simply that, but also just for the fun of it. I'm 44 with 2 teenage kids and if I can do it, anyone can do it! I also need to say that you should get a really good Redoctane pad to go with it. It is $80, but well worth it. So go out and buy this and have fun!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GET ON THE DANCE FLOOR!!!!!! AGAIN, July 8 2004
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
Ok lets get started with this review!
Storyline NA/10
There is no storyline all u do is DANCE!!!!
Gameplay 10/10
This game is extremely fun u will spend hours playing this game!!! And now with the new beginner level added new comers to the game can start at a very easy level. Also with the new dancer option u get to choose ur favorite dancers from a long list.
Graphics 8/10
The graphics aren't that good, though there not meant to be, cause its more a fun loving kind of game. The dancers aren't that good graphics wise. Still the backgrounds still make up for it.
Sound/Music 10/10
YEAH of chores this gets a 10/10, the music for this game is absolutely wonder with such songs as Dive ~more deep & deeper style~, Break Down, and Legend of Max. This game has some of the best music out there.
Replay Value 10/10
U can never finish this game, there's always something new to do with it, like added options, and a whole lot of other stuff.
Overall 10/10
THIS is one of the best sports games out there! Highly recommended!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Groove!, July 7 2004
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
This video game is slowly spreading across the small town I live in. I heard about it from a friend of a friend and they brought it over to my house. Awesome! A video game you DANCE with. You just buy a mat to go with the game, turn it on and make sure you put it on beginner mode (if you're new to DDR) and start dancing away.
Pros:
-If you play long enough (more than 30 minutes a day) you can loose weight.
-It's great for parties, a lot of people love it.
-Theres a beginner mode for those new to it.
-And work out mode for those trying to loose wieght. You can punch in your current weight and it counts how many calories and stuff you loose.
Cons:
-All the music is techno and disco sounding, so if you're not a fan of either, you might not get into it too much.
-Depending on the mat you buy with it, it can be a bit annoying. Soft pads (unless duct taped down or something) can be annoying once you get to heavy mode. But who wants to spend 200 bucks for a metal pad?
-If you don't have any friends to play with it could become un-interesting in a matter of weeks.
- When you play on the heavier modes (lite, standard, etc) the backgrounds while your DDR'ing can be a bit annoying. Flashing colors, dancing people (you can turn those off though). After a while you learn to ingore them but at some points (not a lot) for us blind people (or ones with sucky televisions)..seeing the arrows get a bit difficult. (Not a big problem to worry about though!)
4 stars, because the music stinks and of the money you have to pay for good mats. But it's a lot fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweatin' to the New-bies, July 6 2004
Andrea Burleson "taburl" (Centennial, Co United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
This is so hard at first - even in the Beginner mode... but after putting in an hour or 2, I have improved about 75%. It's challenging, fun, and I have been burning some serious calories! This is hard for kids under 8, but even my 3 year old thinks he's hot stuff stomping around on the mat.
So, we give it 2 thumbs up :) BTW, I'm a 32 y.o. mom of 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, June 30 2004
Anthony (Wanaque, New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
This game is awesome. I'm so happy that they brought back beginner mode from the original PS version of DDR. There are many things to unlock, including dancing characters, which has most, not all of the DDR characters, and a new endless mode. The graphics are great. I just can't help myself from playing the songs with the music videos over and over. There is just one thing I dont't like about this game: there are too many lisecensed songs. I liked the ol' import songs that Americans didn't like. Overall this is a great game!

4.0 out of 5 stars OMG! I play this game everyday., June 29 2004
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
This game is so much fun.This game came strigght out of the arcades and has the coolest songs. THis is for all ages. The songs are known by my parents and me. If you keep on play it you will keep on getting high scores and get a work out. The diffrent levels such as beginner and heaavey let people of all ages play. The better u are the more difficult the level is. I recomend this game to any one. The best way to play is to get the mat with it because it makes it easier to play. You can also play without the mat but u won't get such a good workout. I hope this helped. Enjoy :>)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout, June 23 2004
This review is from: DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution (Video Game)
I purchased this game and a dance mat after reading an article about it that talked about how teens were losing weight and getting in shape from playing this game in arcades. I am so glad I got it. It is so much fun and completely addicting! I play it everyday, sometimes for a couple hours. Becuase it is so fun, it doesn't feel like I am working out. After about a month, I have lost a few pounds and toned up some.

DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution
DDRMax 2: Dance Dance Revolution by KONAMI AMERICA INC. (PlayStation2)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 0.01