5.0 out of 5 stars A GOD SEND!
Published on May 22 2010 by G. Dalton

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but others are better!
Published on Feb. 16 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOD SEND!, May 22 2010
G. Dalton (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
My daughter is 11 months old and LOVES this dvd. She is a fussy eater and we used to have real problems getting her to eat..with this dvd playing in the background she is like a different baby! She now eats all her food with NO protests at all!! She will sit quietly and watch this over and over again..I'm pretty sure she would watch it all day if we let her! It has also snapped her out of a cranky mood on more than one occasion! My only complaint is that we can't find a cuddly-toy version of that tiger...she LOVES the tiger!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to introduce numbers and counting, Sept. 8 2008
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
I liked the sequential introduction of the numbers from 1 through 5, and I also liked that when showing five objects, for example, they'd start with four and add the fifth one - that introduces the basic concept of addition to the little ones. My one-year-old son thinks this is great fun and will watch the entire thing (which is a feat, as he's quite active).
My problem, as always with every Baby Einstein video I've seen thus far, is the promotional material you HAVE to watch before you get to the feature of the DVD. Lots of movies have promotional material, but you can usually choose to watch it (or not). That should be the case here, too; the fact that you have no choice but to watch it is enough to dissuade me from buying too many more of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Learning...Nice New Twist for Baby Einstein, June 14 2004
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
I'm a big fan of Baby Einstein videos for the most part. We own most of them and have watched them countless times. My daughter (now 20 months) has lost interest in them now. She was most drawn to them from 8-15 months I think.
But I was thrilled to see this one come out and got it thinking it would be more "educational" than the others seem to be. I was right. I really like how this one goes through the numbers, counting, sequence, etc. The puppets, music, objects, format just seems to make more sense than some of the other more "out there" ones.
Best of all, my daughter loved it and quickly learned to count from 1-5. My only regret was that 5-10 wasn't out (and still isn't)! I'd also love to see an A-Z one! The other new one Baby McDonald is pretty good and slightly different than the "traditional" format too. My daughter asked for "mcdonalds" almost every day for a month after we first got it!
And like another reviewer said, be sure to check out the other choices on the DVD, especially if your child seems bored with just the video. You can find lots of other learning/fun things on each one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her favorites, May 2 2004
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
Next to Beethoven this is her favorite Einstein video. It is really interesting how some she won't watch and others she loves. This is one she adores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Einstein Numbers Nursery, April 22 2004
"tamiko_z" (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I own all of the titles, and feel that this is certainly the best one for toddlers age 1 and up. When my daughter turned 19-months old she could count to 5, thanks to this video (of course I recommend the use of books, fridge magnets, and counting as you walk, etc.) but if you need 25 minutes to prepare dinner and would like for your child to get some educational fun in, this is it. Once she was too familiar with the main video, I clicked on 'Bonus Material' to discover that it was loaded with additional videos, counting games, discovery games and even flash cards for numbers 1 - 10 in 7 languages, which is perfect for our English/French bilingual household. Within 3 days, she was counting to 10! Now if only there were a part 2 that would count to 20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool-, April 8 2004
By A Customer
This has been a wonderful addition to our kid-viewing library! I purchased this because we're starting to get into correctly identifying numbers and quantities, and because our son has really enjoyed many of the Baby Einstein series. What a great decision! I like the fact that they repeat some of the same items for each number, so toddlers get the see the quantity grow-ex: one cup, two cups, etc. I disagree with some of the earlier reviews that wish that the video had gone up to higher numbers- going to "5" was perfect. In my opinion, going to 10 would have meant rushing through each number, instead of using a lot of repetition to get the idea of truly counting across to toddlers. We've used this video as an extension of our teaching to our 2-year old. The puppet sequences are very good, too. There's one skit where the duck has two toy planes and won't share with his friend until the horse brings over two balls, and this gives me a chance to talk about sharing with my son. Another skit has the three main puppets in a car race with each other that my son absolutely loves (although I find it a little long). Because of the combination of education and entertainment, our family gives this a bigs thumbs up! If you're really wanting it to help teach, I wouldn't use it for children younger than 18 months old, but if you're just looking for entertainment, I'm sure that younger is just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet!, Feb. 24 2004
sarah (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
My 14 month old absolutly loves most of the baby enstein videos, but this one is by far her favorite. It moves fast enough through the scenes to keep her attention, has lots of kids, her favorite part, and great upbeat music she can dance to. Granted, it does only count to 5, i would have thought they would have gone to 10, but they do it in interesting ways, showing items and toys from every day. The video appears clearer than the previous movies as does the sound. all in all i highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner!, Feb. 22 2004
Teresa Vuoso "teresa1127" (Ozone Park, NY USA) - See all my reviews
My 15 month old is a tough critic of baby videos. He'll only watch the Baby Einstein collection. Numbers Nursery quickly became a favorite of the whole family because of the wonderful puppet sequences. It's humorous, educational and entertaining. By far the best numbers video we've come accross.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful DVD, Feb. 21 2004
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
My son is 17 months old and just recenlty started to really enjoy watching Baby Einstein's DVDs. The DVDs are usually checked out from the library, but I am going to buy this one! I think that Numbers Nursery is one of the best ones - it is educational and holds my very active toddlers attention. Also, if like me, you were given a Baby Einstein DVD when your baby was an infant (below the recommended age) and the baby did not seem interested - try again! My son really enjoys this DVD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but others are better!, Feb. 16 2004
This review is from: Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery (DVD)
This DVD is educational, but not as captivating as Baby Beethoven, at least for my young toddler. Baby Beethoven provides more music and action. This one is okay, but probably best for toddlers who are at least 18 months old. It is fairly slow paced but it does do a good job teaching numbers and counting. I enjoy watching Baby Beethoven more, too! It's good if you can enjoy (or at least tolerate) the videos you buy for your kids, because you'll be watching and listening to them over and over. This one doesn't have as much parent-appeal, altho it does provide more opportunity for interaction.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery
Baby Einstein:Numbers Nursery by Jim Janicek (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 29.99