4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful production, but Broderick is miscast
On the whole, I prefer this 2003 Disney production of THE MUSIC MAN to the original 1962 movie version. The original was full of bright, garish colors that emphasized the cast members' age and made the supposedly turn-of-the-century high school gym look more like the one in WEST SIDE STORY. By contrast, the new version recreates the period beautifully, with muted colors...
Published on July 7 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars A pointless but nicely done film.
The age old question - why remake a classic?
The original The Music Man is, in my opinion, one of the greatest movie musicals ever made (as I outline in my review of it). When I saw that it had been remade I was, at once, horrified and fascinated. What will they have done to improve the original? Could they improve the original? Well, the short answer is they...
Published on July 7 2004 by Mark Clegg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, simple excellent., Aug. 8 2003
R. A. Cook (Kennesaw, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Music Man (DVD)
When I sat down to watch this musical on ABC, I didn't know what was in store. But all too quickly, I was pulled into it. From the fun train song to the pool song to Gary, Indiana, Willson pulls off one of his greatest roles since Ferris Bueler. At the same time, his fellow actors show off their superb singing abilities and the whole musical has a great deal off humor in it.
Good acting, good choreography, go singing, so why four stars? It's a little too long for my tastes. Towards the end, you'll start hoping it's almost over, but not enough to regret you watched it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xbd75e06c)

The Music Man
The Music Man by Jeff Bleckner (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 9.99