countdown boutiques-francophones scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store Learn more sports Tools

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 7, 2004
I'm basing my review on both the CD and having seen the show. The performers have a great deal of energy and talent and some of the lyrics are very clever. However, I find nothing memorable about the music. The CD and show start with some good lessons in life expressed in a comical way, but in my opinion it's unnecessary to move into offensive topics and lyrics to get this across. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I prefer songs that both my children and parents can listen to. On a grading scale from A (the best) to Z, I give this a Q.
on April 25, 2015
Wonderfully Fun
on July 19, 2013
I saw the show in Vancouver and wanted the soundtrack. The one I ordered from you was faulty, so I returned it. I heard from you to say I would receive a credit, but I actually wrote on my return I wanted another CD, so I'm still wondering which will happen?
on July 6, 2004
Trash! Go see & hear Wicked & The Boy From OZ! They are the BEST of 2004!
on July 16, 2004
Its funny how a whole bunch of people can swear by a CD and you buy it with the hopes that it meets or exceeds your high expectations..and then, wham! You play it and your left scratching your head and wondering what on earth all the fuss is about!?
First off all, the songs are funny...I will give it that. But to me it seems this show actually tries too hard in making you laugh. This CD lacks a solid story, a bit of something to keep you listening. And after ten minutes, my fiance was literally begging me to turn the "sesame-street-gone-wild" CD off. It actually gets quite annoying with songs like "My girlfriend who lives in Canada" and worse yet, "Im not wearing underwear today" (which would be OK, if it werent sung by a cookie monster sound-a-like with a cold, I simply cant get past the awful voice.)
Of course, with any album, including musical theater, there are great songs that leave you wishing for more...
I loved "Purpose" and "Mix Tape" and "Everyone's a little bit racist". I suppose you have to take the good with the bad... but Im not sure I will ever listen to this again. Maybe I am missing something...but skip this buy. Borrow it from a friend or something, or if you really want it I'll happily give you mine. (My fiance will be greatful to get it out of the house!)
on June 6, 2004
This musical is pointless!! It is a horrible musical revolving around puppets! LAME!!!! It is a wast of money! I Broke mine in half in disgust!
on June 9, 2004
THIS MUSICAL IS A PIECE OF TRASH. THERE ARE BRILLIANT COMPOSITIONS OUT THERE - NOT HERE. THERE ARE BRILLIANT LYRICS ARE THERE - NOT HERE. DO NOT BOTHER: INSTEAD BUY WHAT SHOULD HAVE WON THE TONY - EITHER TABOO OR WICKED!