5.0 out of 5 stars Love the cast recording
Enjoyed the musical, and enjoy the recording. Brings back memories of the show. I really like it.
Now I am just filling up space because my review didn't have enough words. This many words should be enough.
Thanks
Published 8 months ago by Doug Waldner

3.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Puppets!
A quirky musical with, I suspect, a limited appeal on disc. The true magic of the piece came in the visuals. The songs without the puppets are interesting at times and funny the first time but the musical doesn't have the same power as Les Mis.
Published 16 months ago by eeyoore

2.0 out of 5 stars big let down, April 22 2004
This review is from: Avenue Q (Audio CD)
After reading all the top reviews this soundtrack recieved, I was sure I was in for a treat. I just needed to share the fact that it's not universally liked. All of the songs sound similar and it frankly gets a little boring after a while. The lyrics aren't as cutting edge as I thought they would be. I did chuckle a few times, but overall I wasn't as amused as I was lead to believe I would be. This soundtrack should NOT be compared to Rent, as it is not even in the same leauge. The only similarity to Rent is that they are both broadway musicals and both take place in New York city. I'm sure the live show is spectacular, but I am sorry I bought the soundtrack.

2.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something!?, July 16 2004
This review is from: Avenue Q (Audio CD)
Its funny how a whole bunch of people can swear by a CD and you buy it with the hopes that it meets or exceeds your high expectations..and then, wham! You play it and your left scratching your head and wondering what on earth all the fuss is about!?
First off all, the songs are funny...I will give it that. But to me it seems this show actually tries too hard in making you laugh. This CD lacks a solid story, a bit of something to keep you listening. And after ten minutes, my fiance was literally begging me to turn the "sesame-street-gone-wild" CD off. It actually gets quite annoying with songs like "My girlfriend who lives in Canada" and worse yet, "Im not wearing underwear today" (which would be OK, if it werent sung by a cookie monster sound-a-like with a cold, I simply cant get past the awful voice.)
Of course, with any album, including musical theater, there are great songs that leave you wishing for more...
I loved "Purpose" and "Mix Tape" and "Everyone's a little bit racist". I suppose you have to take the good with the bad... but Im not sure I will ever listen to this again. Maybe I am missing something...but skip this buy. Borrow it from a friend or something, or if you really want it I'll happily give you mine. (My fiance will be greatful to get it out of the house!)

1.0 out of 5 stars GO TO OZ Avenue Q!, July 6 2004
This review is from: Avenue Q (Audio CD)
Trash! Go see & hear Wicked & The Boy From OZ! They are the BEST of 2004!

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 star is being kind!, June 6 2004
This review is from: Avenue Q (Audio CD)
This musical is pointless!! It is a horrible musical revolving around puppets! LAME!!!! It is a wast of money! I Broke mine in half in disgust!

1.0 out of 5 stars IT SUCKS TO LISTEN TO THIS, June 9 2004
This review is from: Avenue Q (Audio CD)
THIS MUSICAL IS A PIECE OF TRASH. THERE ARE BRILLIANT COMPOSITIONS OUT THERE - NOT HERE. THERE ARE BRILLIANT LYRICS ARE THERE - NOT HERE. DO NOT BOTHER: INSTEAD BUY WHAT SHOULD HAVE WON THE TONY - EITHER TABOO OR WICKED!

Avenue Q
Avenue Q by The Original Broadway Cast (Audio CD - 2003)
Click for more info