5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Info
For those of you wondering what exactly will come with the first season boxed set...here it is!
Contains the following episodes:
-Reef Blowers / Tea at the Treedome (Pilot "Help Wanted" Not Included)
-Bubblestand / Ripped Pants
-Jellyfishing / Plankton!
-Naughty Nautical Neighbors / Boating School
-Pizza Delivery / Home Sweet Pineapple...
Published on Aug. 27 2003 by KiWiSouP

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete? I think not.....
Published on Feb. 29 2004 by Deanette Noble

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Info, Aug. 27 2003
KiWiSouP "kiwisoup" (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Contains the following episodes:
-Reef Blowers / Tea at the Treedome (Pilot "Help Wanted" Not Included)
-Bubblestand / Ripped Pants
-Audio Commentary with Cast discussing 2 of their favorite episodes
-3 Music Videos

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?, Aug. 18 2003
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Here comes the first season of the cult smash that's fun for kids and adults alike. Spongebob's peculiar charm came from nowhere into one of the most beloved cartoons of recent times and finally we have the complete first season on DVD, instead of the numerous compilations already out. (when will they realize people really want TV released by seasons)
The classic episodes contained here are:
- Bubblestand
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete? I think not....., Feb. 29 2004
Deanette Noble "Dnoble73" (Tulsa, Ok United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I purchased this DVD collection because of my love of Spongebob. This collection is only the first season so there are episodes on the individual releases that are not on this one. However, this collection is not 'complete'. The pilot episode 'Help Wanted' was left out. The pilot episode shows where spongebob gets ready to apply for his job at the Krusty Krab. Then has to prove himself, as the great fry cook he is, by preparing krabby patties for a mass of customers. I'm not sure how you could call it complete w/out it. The missing episode was the only disappointing factor of this set. I am a huge fan of Spongebob as are my kids!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Squidward Its Old Bold and Brass!, Nov. 6 2003
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
In my old review i basicly said awsem over and over and as i can see that wasnt very helpful. Now take wut i say to hark cuz i must be spongebobs biggest fan ever along with mi friend. I mean call me geeky and i don blame u if u do but i have memorized every episode! EVERY ONE! ok so listen up.
If you dont no wut spongebob is hes this sponge dude who looks like a regualaer kitchen sponge and lives under the see compleatly obliious to every think mean or bad. Its completly stuuipid how optimistic he is but its absolutly HISTARICAL! now 1m a teen (no im not 4-9 years old) and i still love this show so dont think that its onle 4 little kids. Many adults love it. THe reson im not complaining about the other smaller dvds that came out before this is because i thought it wuz rediculas to spend 15 bucks on tne episodes that i could see every day. so i didnt get them. (basicly wut im sayin is i don no ur pain if u already bought the small dvds sorry) So i hope this review wuz helpful! GET THIS DVD EVEN IF U HAVNT SEEN MUCH OR NE OF SPONGEBOB BEFOR!!!! UL LOVE IT!!!! Pk over and out

5.0 out of 5 stars What a novel idea! Why didn't someone think of this before?, Oct. 28 2003
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
SpongeBob SquarePants is a great show, and even though you can catch it quite often on Nickelodeon, a purchase of this DVD collection is still warranted. The thing I would like to know is: why didn't they just release this set in the first place instead of the onslaught of individual "themed" discs? I know the answer ($$), but I still wish this had been released a long time ago. SpongeBob is some of the best cartoon television I have ever seen, and the first season contains some of the best moments. However, I have one question: Where's the pilot episode? It's NOT on here, and it should be. Other than that, it's a great set that even mild fans of the series should own. I just wish Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network would release similar season-length (or even series-length) DVD collections of their better shows. I loved the early seasons of "Rugrats", the Nickelodeon episodes of "Doug", "Ed, Edd, n' Eddy", the earlier episodes of "Dexter's Laboratory", and many others. There are classic shows that need to be preserved in a digital format. I know they would earn my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last The 1st Season of the Best Show Ever., Sept. 8 2003
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Finally, its here. The 1st season of a Truly great show, Spongebob SquarePants. In case you don't know, its about an optimistic sea sponge who lives in a pineapple in the Pacific Ocean, in a Town called Bikini Bottom. It's a very funny show. A lot like Ren and Stimpy, but better and without the Gross. This show is suitable for all ages, but pretty much all kids ages 2-9 will love it, but a lot of Teens love it too. But with Adults, its more of an Aquired taste. Some will find it childish and Unfunny, other adults will get a kick out of it.
This is the First Season, and the Animation is not very good. The colors look weak and faded, unlike the Bright colors of the other two seasons. It contains the First 20 episodes, a lot of which have been broken up and put on other DVDs. These are not the Best episodes, because the first season humor mostly appeals to younger kids. But it's still Great. My Favorate short episode seqments are Valentine's Day, Ripped Pants, Scaredy Pants, and Mermaidman and Barnacleboy, with guest stars Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway. The Special Features are OK, but I would've liked Audio Commentaries on all Episodes, not just two.
Overall, out of Ten, I'd give it a 9.5.

5.0 out of 5 stars ??????????????????, Sept. 6 2003
Jack Read (Chapel To The Hill, Northy C) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Why didn't they do this in the first place!!!!??????
I am a huge fan of the show. But I am pretty mad at Nick right now for first releasing sponge DVDs with the episodes all mixed up and not according to season, and they decide NOW, after seven (the seventh actually comes out on 9/30) of these DVDs, to release it according to season. I own the first six, and now I'll have to sell them used. What a waste of money. Sorta. The Season One set will be a great buy. It's not my favorite season (2, represent!), but it's great all the same. Here's the special features!
90 minutes of extras, INCLDUING:
-The Origin of Spongebob SquarePants
-Recollection from the 1st season crew featurette
-Everybody's talking: The voices of Spongebob SquarePants
-The Bikini Bottoms Up Tour
-In the key of Sea: Krusty Krab Karaoke
-Audio Commentary with Cast discussing 2 of their favorite episodes
-3 Music Videos
Sounds like a whoppin' good DVD set. Now I gotta go clean the disks of the old DVDs and ship 'em off to eBay. Buh-bye!
Also, watch for the SpongeBob movie on November 19, 2004. And stay tuned to Nick for new SpongeBob episodes next year, including "SpongeBob B.C." (Before Comedy), aka "Ugh". It's a half-hour Patchy special in which SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward discover fire. Oh, great, I sound like a news reporter guy.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Jackpot of the All !, Sept. 2 2003
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
When I first saw that the first season of Spongebob was coming, I was confused. Why on Earth would they put allmost all of these episodes on DVD again? I mean, couldn't they just put the rest of the episodes on more single DVD's? So then I went onto Spongebob's website, and figured out how many more episodes that weren't already available on the other titles, would be on the first season. There are approximantly 16 episodes that you can't get on the recent DVD's.

Unlike some people, I am a really big DVD collector, and I sometimes buy DVD's that I already have on VHS. And that includes buying the first season of Spongebob when I already have all the other Spongebob titles on DVD.
Here the never before on DVD episodes that will be on the 1st Season :
Rock Bottom
Walking Small
Fools in April
Neptune's Spatula.
Like I said, even if you have all the Spongebob DVD titles, GO BUY THIS DVD, trust me, you won't be sorry !

4.0 out of 5 stars I never saw this coming, Oct. 20 2003
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
If you didn't know how popular Spongebob is than this is definite proof. The first ever Nick Toon to receive a complete Season 1 DVD release. This is almost unheard of in the world of 12 minute shorts made for children the age 5 and over. Unlike all the other Nick Toons Spongebob has hit a chord that hasn't been struck since the likes of Ren and Stimpy have graced our television sets. Its a shame we all bought the past releases thinking "well this is as good as it gets." I never saw this coming I am both shocked and happily surprised. Sure I feel ripped off, but I'm glad I can get all the episodes now. Those ten per episode discs were boggling my mind with no end as to how would I own them all?
Just release all three seasons within a reasonable time span and one day I will completely forgive them for misleading us with the single disc releases. Can't wait for the movie.
All hail the magic conch!! blurlwowhwowoww!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show and DVD set., Dec 9 2003
M. Gonya "rawker" (WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I first saw this show with my little cousin and I think I found it funnier than she did! This show is great for kids and adults alike. SpongeBob is just an innocent little sponge that wants to be friends with everyone and doesn't have a mean bone in his body...after all he is a sponge. I am suprised how entertaining this cartoon is. It sort of harkens back to the old Loony Toons cartoons. The DVD is packed with 40 episodes of SpongeBob mahem. There is a "Play All" option although I don't believe any full grown adult could sit through 40 staight episodes of SpongeBob. There are a few little behind the scenes features that are pretty interesting. The Violent Femmes promo is a suprising yet appreciated extra. I took a star off for the lack of commentaries. The segments are only 15-20 minutes long, they could have had more commentaries than two. Overall, it is a nice little DVD set that is a must for the SpongeBob fans.

SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season