5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow-up CD to the first!
This is a 2 disc album full of nothing but Christmas songs. There are 36 songs total (Great price for so many great Christmas songs!)
The playlist:
1. Opera of the Bells by Destiny's Child
2. O Come All Ye Faithful by Stacie Orrico
3. I Don't Wanna Spend One More Christmas Without You by 'N Sync
4. Santa Baby by Kylie Minogue
5. Santa Claus...
Published on Nov. 16 2003 by not telling

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great collection of Holiday hits.
Published on Dec 16 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas CD!, Dec 27 2003
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas!, Vol. 2: The Signature Collection (Audio CD)
My friend gave me this CD for Christmas and I haven't stopped listening to it since!
Some Highlights include:
"Feliz Navidad," Jose Feliciano
"Kentucky Homemade Christmas," Kenny Rogers
"Go Tell It on the Mountain," Andy Griffith
"Auld Lang Syne," Guy Lombardo
There's a few skippable tracks, such as Nsync and Barbara Streisand, but overall it's a great addition to your Christmas CD collection!

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great collection of Holiday hits., Dec 16 2003
By A Customer
This is another great release of Christmas music by the Now! producers. I assume they had no original plans to release a second volume of "Now That's What I Call Christmas!", or didn't expect the phenomenal success they got with the first, because a lot of songs on each collection could have been omitted and/or combined to make THE definitive Christmas collection, without the filler.
The one song that is absolutely horrendous and almost single-handedly drags the album's rating all the way down to three stars, is B2K's "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". Matter of fact, I couldn't even finish listening to that track after about 6 "yo's", "hey's", "wassup's" and the like right at the beginning. Nothing against their style of music, I just personally wouldn't regularly listen to it, and it is certainly not Christmas-friendly in this case. If these guys just had to be used, like another reviewer said, it should have been at a point on the disc where you could skip past it. At the very least, they should have done an original instead of mangling a classic. I doubt they're that talented to come up with something new in terms of holiday music, though. Evidently, the Jackson 5 version, although beyond superior, wouldn't have been "appropriate" with the controversies currently surrounding Michael in the news. Manhattan Transfer does a great rendition that they could have gone with here and Bruce Springsteen has a stellar version available on the first volume also that could have been used again if necessary.
Notable omissions this time around include versions of "O Holy Night" by Josh Groban and/or John Berry, which could have replaced the Celine Dion version used, "Hey Santa!" by Carnie and Wendy Wilson along with "Jingle Bell Rock" by Hall and Oates, and Gayla Peevey's "Hippopotamus Song". Maybe for Volume 3!
Highlights: The classics such as "Step into Christmas" by Elton John, "Rudolph..." by Burl Ives, and tracks by Christmas mainstays like Andy Williams and Johnny Mathis speak for themselves, of course, and Kylie Minogue does such a brilliant rework of "Santa Baby", you barely think it's a remake. Nothing beats the original, but this is one "sequel" that comes close. Happy Holidays!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow-up CD to the first!, Nov. 16 2003
7. Jingle Bells by Jimmy Buffett
8. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
9. Do You Hear What I Hear? by Vince Gill
10. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by Aaron Neville
11. Last Christmas by Wham!
12. Christmas Through Your Eye by Gloria Estefan
33. Go Tell It on the Mountain by Andy Griffith
34. Adeste Fideles by London Voices
35. There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays by Barry Manilow
36. Auld Lang Syne by Guy Lombardo
This is a very good, eclectic mix of Christmas music to get you through the holidays. I was very glad to see that they added All I want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey, which I think is one of the best original Christmas songs to come out in years - I was surprised to not see it on the first Now That's What I Call Christmas CD. If you are wondering why certain obvious classics aren't on here such as Bing Crosby singing White Christmas and Frank Sinatra singing Have Yourself A Merry little Christmas and Johnny Mathis singing The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, it's because they are all on the first Now That's What I Call Christmas CD, which is also a must have!
As one reviewer already stated, there is something for everyone on this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect follow up to NTWICC! #1, Nov. 9 2003
Julie Lovisa (Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
These two Christmas music selections could be the only two you own and you'd have a terrific holiday party! NTWICC! and now NTWICC! The Signature Collection have captured the most popular and enduring pop Christmas songs of the last few decades for your listening pleasure.
On this newest edition, the first disc is called 'Now and Forever' featuring some of the newer pop artists like Stacie Orrico, N*Sync, and B2K. My favorites on disc 1 are Destiny's Child: Opera of the Bells, Norah Jones: Peace, and Celine Dion: O Holy Night. You also get the classics by Elton John: Step Into Christmas and Wham!: Last Christmas.
Disc 2 is called 'Then and Always' featuring classic artists such as Louis Armstrong: Winter Wonderland, Peggy Lee: Happy Holiday, Chuck Berry: Run, Rudolph, Run, and Dean Martin: The Christmas Blues. My favorites on this disc are Barbra Streisand: I'll Be Home For Christmas, the ever popular Burl Ives: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Yolanda Adams: O Little Town of Bethlehem.
There is something for everyone on this 36 track collection and you just can't go wrong with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Christmas songs from the "Now" series., Oct. 24 2003
As of now, there's no tracklisting listed here for this album, so here it is.
(1.) "Opera of the Bells" by Destiny's Child
(7.) "Jingle Bells" by Jimmy Buffett
(8.) "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey
(9.) "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Vince Gill
(10.) "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" by Aaron Neville
(11.) "Last Christmas" by Wham!
(12.) "Christmas Through Your Eyes" by Gloria Estefan
(33.) "Go Tell It on the Mountain" by Andy Griffith
(34.) "Adeste Fideles" by London Voices
(35.) "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" by Barry Manilow
(36.) "Auld Lang Syne" by Guy Lombardo

2.0 out of 5 stars Now That's What I Call Christmas! The Signature Collection, Dec 3 2003
By A Customer
I purchase this cd, and I have to say its okay. I also purchase Whitney Houston's Christmas album "One Wish". Oh my god, Whitney Houston holiday album will simply blow you away. The way she put all her heart, and soul into every song on her christmas album is beautiful. I'm so happy I purchase Whitney's "One Wish". I would have been so lost without it. It's the perfect christmas music for season. I recommend Whitney's "One Wish" if you wanna hear good Christmas songs. Nobody can do it like her, we all remember how she sung "I Will Always Love You" don't you? Can't go wrong with Whitney!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's either Been There Done That or Never Wanted to Do That!, Dec 26 2003
Bryan F. Irrera (Vineland, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
We had this CD on in our store during the holiday shopping season this year...unfortunately. Either the stuff on here could be found elsewhere and plenty of elsewheres (ie. "Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses, though that's one of the few HIGH points on this disc), many of the songs on this disc are headache enducing. Why, oh why, did anyone let the version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Tom Jones and some chick whose name I never bothered to learn out of the studio? It's horrible. We would race to the CD player to skip that one and plenty of others.

4.0 out of 5 stars overall good, but who picked the tracks, Nov. 24 2003
angelita (Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
The cds are overall a great compilation but the organization needs some work. What is B2K doing on a cd with Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross? Aside from B2K not having anything to do with Christmas, their track is completely out of tune and if it had to be placed on the cd to be "politcally correct" why not make it the first or last track so it can easily be skipped? The Kenny Rogers track on CD 2 is a little questionable as well. These two songs are right in the middle but don't really fit in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Nov. 30 2003
By A Customer
i luv most of e songs there.... a good mix of new stars n older ones.... destiny's child's opera of e bells was fantastic...(u shd get their xmas album too!)... celine dion's o holy night was also good... luv her voice.... but where was christina aguilera???.... she had a superb xmas album but y wasnt she on tis album??? she truly deserved a spot on tis album... apart from tat...'Now That's What I Call Christmas! 2: The Signature Collection' is juz simply wonderful.... u shd geddit!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, Solid, CD, Dec 9 2003
J. W. Guinn (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Well, I'm not going to be like the Whitney Houston fan who really has not heard the album, just putting it down so Whitney's may sell better and crack the top 50 of Billboard.
This cd is a good collection of holiday hits, but two stars are knocked down for the horrendous rendition of Baby, It's Cold Outside. These guys really should have used Jane Monheit and Steve Tyrell's version which is far superior!

Now That's What I Call Christmas!, Vol. 2: The Signature Collection
Now That's What I Call Christmas!, Vol. 2: The Signature Collection by Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD - 2003)