5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Does exactly what it is supposed to do! Lets me connect my old mini dv camcorder to my macbook pro. I have a 4-pin to 6-pin firewire cable but needed this 6-pin to 9-pin adapter to make it work.
Published 10 months ago by Jeff Sherk

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Waste of Money
This was a complete waste of money. It does NOT work at all. I tried manipulating it every way I can think of and it was completely dead. Do NOT waste your money on this adapter - you need another solution!
Published on July 13 2012 by A-OK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Feb. 21 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep that legacy gear alive!, Jan. 11 2014
This review is from: Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter (Personal Computers)
Bought a couple of these four years ago so that I could continue to use FireWire 400 peripherals (external drives, a FireWire audio recording interface) with a FireWire 800-equipped MacBook Pro. Both the adapters and the peripherals (and the Mac ;) are still going strong. Thanks, Sonnet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good adapter, Feb. 12 2013
This review is from: Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter (Personal Computers)
This is a good solid adapter for those needing a 6 to 9 prong firewire solution. Worth the investment for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this to avoid buying 2 cable !, Jan. 25 2013
This review is from: Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter (Personal Computers)
I save money because with this 6 to 9 pin adapter i don't have to buy 2 cable because with this item, combine with my two existent old firewire cable (6 to 6 and 4 to 6), i create 2 other cable : a 6 to 9 and i 4 to 9 so 1 adapter + 2 cable give you 4 cable ! The only configuration that is missing is the 4 to 4 that is useless and the 9 to 9 to keep the 800 Mbps rate.
Right know my new iMac is on a firewire network with my infected PC to keeping it from the internet while the iMac is on ethernet network with my old powerbook g3 with os X server and FTP client.
I have the option with the 4 to 9 pin configuration to plug a camcorder on my iMac or my Pioneer DVR-520 to get the video recording via the firewire out. Your only limited by the data rate 400 Mbps instead of the full 800 Mbps.
The only problem is i'm afraid that the adapter create a little tension on the iMac port because it not supported by anything, it's in the air.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Waste of Money, July 13 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars firewire 800 to 400 Adapter, Jan. 23 2012
This review is from: Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter (Personal Computers)
wow! thank you amazon for stocking this product! I thought I was going to have to purchase it online from the states. Instead it was here so fast and so cheap!
Thank you so much. I recently purchased an iMac 27' and I have a Lacie CD external drive that only had 800 to 800 firewire pin ports. and the iMac has 400 ports. So this will enable me to use my 52x24x52 AMAZING Lacie drive once again.

AMAZON.CA to the Rescue!! Yey!

Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Computers suck., Jan. 4 2014
This review is from: Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter (Personal Computers)
I have an old MacIntosh G4 desktop that I'm not ready to part with. As such, O had recently purchased a 1 TB F/W external hard drive that I wanted to connect via the FireWire 400 port but, the drive was the newer F/W 400 connection. Hence the reason for ordering this adapter which, by the way is considerably less expensive than the 60 bucks that Apple wanted to charge, for their cable
and I already have an 800 cable. Low and behold. I managed to connect the drive with this adapter but, the G4 didn't mount, grr.
I believe that it has something to do with driver incompatibilities. To make a long story short. Computers suck. 'Guess I am stuck having to either fork out $1600 on a new desktop or go with a Wintel box. I'd rather eat my own feces than do that.

Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter