march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on January 25, 2013
I save money because with this 6 to 9 pin adapter i don't have to buy 2 cable because with this item, combine with my two existent old firewire cable (6 to 6 and 4 to 6), i create 2 other cable : a 6 to 9 and i 4 to 9 so 1 adapter + 2 cable give you 4 cable ! The only configuration that is missing is the 4 to 4 that is useless and the 9 to 9 to keep the 800 Mbps rate.
Right know my new iMac is on a firewire network with my infected PC to keeping it from the internet while the iMac is on ethernet network with my old powerbook g3 with os X server and FTP client.
I have the option with the 4 to 9 pin configuration to plug a camcorder on my iMac or my Pioneer DVR-520 to get the video recording via the firewire out. Your only limited by the data rate 400 Mbps instead of the full 800 Mbps.
The only problem is i'm afraid that the adapter create a little tension on the iMac port because it not supported by anything, it's in the air.
on July 13, 2012
This was a complete waste of money. It does NOT work at all. I tried manipulating it every way I can think of and it was completely dead. Do NOT waste your money on this adapter - you need another solution!
on January 23, 2012
wow! thank you amazon for stocking this product! I thought I was going to have to purchase it online from the states. Instead it was here so fast and so cheap!
Thank you so much. I recently purchased an iMac 27' and I have a Lacie CD external drive that only had 800 to 800 firewire pin ports. and the iMac has 400 ports. So this will enable me to use my 52x24x52 AMAZING Lacie drive once again.

AMAZON.CA to the Rescue!! Yey!

Firewire 800 to 400 Adapter
on January 11, 2014
Bought a couple of these four years ago so that I could continue to use FireWire 400 peripherals (external drives, a FireWire audio recording interface) with a FireWire 800-equipped MacBook Pro. Both the adapters and the peripherals (and the Mac ;) are still going strong. Thanks, Sonnet!
on February 21, 2014
Does exactly what it is supposed to do! Lets me connect my old mini dv camcorder to my macbook pro. I have a 4-pin to 6-pin firewire cable but needed this 6-pin to 9-pin adapter to make it work.
on February 12, 2013
This is a good solid adapter for those needing a 6 to 9 prong firewire solution. Worth the investment for sure.
on February 1, 2016
It works on my old audio interface to connect to my newer Mac which only has a firewire 800 port.
on February 22, 2016
It work very well. That exactly what I Washington lofing-match for.
on December 26, 2015
Very good quality i using it with my digital camera.
on September 28, 2015