5.0 out of 5 stars Yes 5 Stars - it's charming
This may not be a classic, but it brings to mind an age of innocence long gone. I have enjoyed it since I was 10 years old. Now at 30, I still enjoy watching a time when good, clean & simple fun was the focus. Yes, I do love this movie and would recommend it because it is what it is: FUN.
Published on Sept. 1 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Pan and scan attrocity
This is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I anxiously awaited its release on DVD. It looks like I will have to wait a while longer until they decide to give us the movie the way it was meant to be seen....in widescreen.
Published on July 5 2004 by Yarby

1.0 out of 5 stars Pan and scan attrocity, July 5 2004
Yarby "yarby" (Medina, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Angels Go Trouble Follows (DVD)
Come on Columbia Home Video, do justice to this and its sister movie "The Trouble With Angels" and release them in "widescreen"!!!! These are such great, vastly underrated movies, it appears even Columbia doesn't think enough of them that they would give them this shabby treatment.
If you get a chance to see them (on Turner Classics), they are WONDERFUL movies....but wait to buy the DVD. Don't buy into these pan and scan attrocities that the movie companies seem determined to thrust upon us.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sequel lacks the charm of the first movie, Jan. 21 2004
Kevin Kartchner (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Angels Go,Trouble (VHS Tape)
I recently acquired a copy of "Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows." Being a fan of "The Trouble with Angels," I was intrigued by the notion that someone had made a thitherto-unknown-to-me sequel to it; however, watching it was a disappointing experience to say the least. Rosalind Russell reprises her role as Mother Superior, and--in contrast with the first movie--is easily the most sympathetic character in the film. The activist nun, Sister George (played by Stella Stevens), comes off as a caustic, spoiled little brat, as does Susan St. James's Rosabelle character. Marvel Ann (again played by Barbara Hunter) inspires less antipathy this time around, but only because she was such a curmudgeon in the first movie. Finally, the bit players brought in to lend the film more star power (e.g., Arthur Godfrey, Van Johnson, and Milton Berle) are given painfully stupid roles.
Thus there are no memorable characters, and the basic premise of the movie--the St. Francis girls' hitting the road to participate in a youth rally of some kind--is eminently forgettable. Even the theme song, penned by Boyce and Hart and sung poorly by other people, is extremely annoying.
I will say, however, that it's interesting to see what Hollywood thought was "hip" or "with it" in 1968. The film definitely has historical intrigue from that standpoint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pan & Scan DVD - how disappointing!, Sept. 29 2003
Paul A. Tassone "Music Lover" (Glenwood, NSW , Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where Angels Go Trouble Follows (DVD)
Rosalind Russell is without doubt my favourite actress. What a versatile performer and genuinely good person she was. Roz appeared in many great films (she made 51 films in total), of which only a handful is available on DVD. These include "Auntie Mame", "His Girl Friday" and "Picnic". So, when the release of this delightful film and the film of which this is the sequel, "The Trouble With Angels", was announced as coming soon on DVD I was ecstatic. Coming from Columbia Home Video (who released both "Picnic" and "His Girl Friday") I expected the very best in preparation and presentation.
What a disappointment to learn that both films are to be released in pan and scan versions only. My question is...WHY??? In this day and age where widescreen televisions are so popular and where we have come to expect fully restored versions with plenty of bonus features on DVD Columbia offers what is essentially only part of each film. And, at full price! Additionally, "The Trouble With Angels" is regularly shown on cable TV in a widescreen print so one is available! Roz deserves much better!
I for one will not be purchasing this release. My advice: don't buy only part of this film. Columbia Home Video, if you read this review, do right by Roz and release both these films in their entirety!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes 5 Stars - it's charming, Sept. 1 1999
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, Jan. 18 1999
This review is from: Where Angels Go,Trouble (VHS Tape)
While I'll be the first to admit this is not a great film, it is very enjoyable, there's a innocence about it that is very familiar to me. I saw it when it was first released with my brother and cousin on Easter sunday in Brooklyn NY. I'm not sure why but I always remembered it.Unlike the teens in todays films, these were nice kids.The film featured a pretty impressive cast of hollywood stars, some in cameo roles. The plot concerned a all girl catholic high schools cross country trip to a rally and their misadventures along the way. Stella stevens was good as the very hip nun, who sometimes clashed with head nun Rosalind Rusell

3.0 out of 5 stars Now How About a Widescreen DVD?, Nov. 9 2003
This review is from: Where Angels Go Trouble Follows (DVD)
Wear Angels Go Trouble Follows may not as good as The Trouble with Angels but I do think it's a good movie and I enjoyed it and thought Rosalind Russell and Stella Stevens were really good though I wish Hayley Mills and the actress who played her friend were in this too reprising their rolls from the first movie. I would like to own this and also The Trouble with Angels on DVD but I don't want to buy edited pan and scan DVDs, I will just wait until widescreen DVDs are released and until than I will just tape the movies from that classic movie network that shows them in widescreen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great family movie, July 17 2014
This review is from: Where Angels Go Trouble Follows (DVD)
Very funny movie, just as I remember it from my youth.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Rosalind, Dec 16 2010
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Where Angels Go Trouble Follows (DVD)
The year is 1968, and protest marches are all the rage. Sister George (Stella Stevens), a young teacher at St. Francis Academy, encourages her students to join her in sign-carrying and chanting, much to the concern of the Mother Superior (Rosalind Russell). When the sisters take a busload of girls across country to attend a peace rally in California, chaos reigns as they encounter endless car troubles, lots of boys, and even some cowboys and Indians.

This sequel to "The Trouble With Angels" is a really bad movie. The original had a funny script, the spunk and charisma of Hayley Mills, and an energetic Rosalind Russell. This time around, the plot is ludicrous, Stella Stevens' hip-nun act gets old after five minutes, and poor Miss Russell just looks tired and worn-out. There are awkward cameos by Van Johnson, Arthur Godfrey, Milton Berle, and Robert Taylor but they do have the good taste to look embarrassed. None of the students' characters are developed (even though a very young and cute Susan Saint James shows promise) so we don't care about them. All of the boys and most of the girl students were played by non-professionals who can't act. And the worst part is *SPOILER* - after suffering through every possible road trip cliché - there's no California and no rally.

Ever-dependable Mary Wickes reprises her role as a quirky nun from the first movie and she's always watchable, but when an Indian war party attacked the bus in New Mexico, I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Terrible movie.

Where Angels Go Trouble Follows
Where Angels Go Trouble Follows by James Neilson (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 25.46