5.0 out of 5 stars re:re: the song that the president requested
But the song before El Presidente requests La Malagueña is called Jesu, Joy of Man's desiring by Bach.
Published on Jan. 4 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars The Song The Presidente Requests
I'm looking for the song the President requests, when El asks him if he has a favorite song at the dinner. I've tried to catch it in the movie, La ma something, but no luck. If anyone knows the title it would be appreciated.
Published on March 26 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars re:re: the song that the president requested, Jan. 4 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars what song is it?, May 25 2004
Jessica (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I just wanted to know what song the mariachi band was playing right before the president requested his song.

5.0 out of 5 stars re: the song the president requested..., April 23 2004
...is called malaguena which happens to be a traditional mariachi song. there are thousands of renditions of this song played by various artists with cds available for purchase. in fact, in once upon a time in mexico, malaguena was played differently at least two times that i can remember by banderas (once in the beginning and second time when the president requested it). however, the melody is still fundamentally the same. if you are a guitar enthusiast such as myself, i would suggest that you find the melody (readily available on internet search) and learn to play it. it is really not that hard to learn...

3.0 out of 5 stars The Song The Presidente Requests, March 26 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Please help, March 25 2004
By A Customer
I'm confused, is the song that Antonio played on the guitar included in the soundtrack? Please respond ASAP I'm dying to get this CD but want to make sure it has everything I want.

4.0 out of 5 stars que viva Robert Rodriguez, March 16 2004
I saw the movie & couldn't wait to order the CD. I ordered the Mexico & Mariachis CD also. Great move, as it turns out the last 3-4 songs from the movie CD are on the other CD. ?? Anyway, these will stay in my changer thru the summer. I love all the tracks! Mi favoritos? Siente Mi Amor and Cuka Rocka! y Pistolaro tambien! Sabrosa!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for the missing Main Title Theme Of Once upon a time, March 11 2004
"redleo00" (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
For those interested in the beautiful music that Antonio Banderas played at the start of the film check out: Mexico and Mariachis: Music From and Inspired by Robert Rodriguez's El Mariachi Trilogy. The last song is the Main title of Once upon a Time in Mexico. Also great stuff from the other 2 films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous music for a fabulous movie, Feb. 11 2004
I went to see this movie in theaters the day it was released and fell in love with it instantly! After seeing it I was intrigued about the music in the film; I liked every bit that I heard. I just recently got this CD and simply can not stop listening to it! The music is bursting with passion, intensity, and excitement...I recommend it highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars hey, Feb. 4 2004
This soundtrack is surprisingly good. If you like Latin beats buy it. Even if you don't buy it. I love the little guitar strings that one song has that screech it leaves I truely love. Imagine Agent Sands next to you and smile. He won't hurt you. Not yet anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastico!, Feb. 2 2004
L. Jones "History Fan in LV" (United States) - See all my reviews
"Once upon a Time in Mexico" has everything an audiophiliac would want -- a variety of musical nuances, tunes that evoke colorful imagery of the movie (strange but entertaining), sultry moods and heart-racing rhythms. Robert Rodriguez & Co. have done an admirable job of putting this exciting album together. My favorite: habanero-hot "Pistolero." Don't get behind the wheel with this track on! In his notes, Rodriguez said it was a lot of fun putting the album together. Listen to it, and you'll believe.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Once Upon a Time in Mexico by Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Audio CD - 2008)