5.0 out of 5 stars Great little chopper
My KitchenAid Mini Chef Chopper arrived this week and I put it to the test today. It did a great job mincing all my vegetables and did exactly what I wanted it to do. If you're chopping small batches this is great.

Published on Jan. 17 2010 by Tara Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Annoying to use. The blade keeps lifting up when using it
Published 10 months ago by naynay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little chopper, Jan. 17 2010
Tara Scott "versus boredom" (Calgary AB) - See all my reviews

One caution I saw on the amazon.com reviews to keep in mind is that once the safety latch is broken, it won't work anymore, so be careful when you're handling it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blade should be closer to the bottom - but does a great job otherwise, Oct. 31 2011
Ce commentaire est de: KitchenAid KFC3100CR Mini Chef Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
I inherited my mom's 15 yr old mini chopper and used it all the time. When it died, I replaced it with this one... and still miss the old one! The old one came with a second workbowl - great for when the first one was in the dishwasher - and it made great salad dressings. My only complaint is that the blade on this one is too far from the bottom of the bowl, making it impossible to emulsify the garlic and the anchovy completely in a few tablespoons of dressing for my favorite caesar salad. Moodkill!

Otherwise, it's pretty and it does quick job on onions, garlic and just about anything - if it wasn't always in the dishwasher, I would use it everyday!

UPDATE: i use it a couple times a week, really does cut prep time if you use alot of herbs and is pretty powerful. I gave it another star since my last review for being durable and strong enough to chop ice. Go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Good Thing!, May 19 2010
Linda A. Nordby "searcher41" (North Vancouver BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This little chopper is great. Takes up very little space, I love the color red in my kitchen, but the best thing is that it is a quality product. 5 stars for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini choppers that works, Oct. 31 2011
Ce commentaire est de: KitchenAid KFC3100CR Mini Chef Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
Despite its small size, this tiny whirlwind does the same job as its big brother. It has easily dealt with everything I have dropped into it and has been a breeze to clean (parts are all dishwasher friendly). A very good alternative to having valuable counter space occupied with the bigger units. At $70 the price seems reasonble; at the $30 price (when it does go on sale) it's an outright bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little chopper!, Feb. 2 2011
I previously owned a mini chopper, just a cheap little guy....I thought it worked well, but I cracked the plastic lid on it so thought I'd order this little KitchenAid mini chopper, knowing that KitchenAid is an awesome brand. Well to my surprise, it is a phenomenal little chopper! Outdid my little cheapie that I had before, Awesome, Awesome!! Would 100% recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for the money!, Jan. 31 2011
Ce commentaire est de: KitchenAid KFC3100CR Mini Chef Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
I was looking for a minichopper and preferred the KitchenAid, but the dept store prices were crazy! Found this on Amazon for 1/2 the price...great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars small but powerfull, March 14 2014
Adrien Rochereau (Montreal, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I am always impressed when I use this.
Most of the time, you use a huge processor when you only need a small quantity, I mean I literally stopped using my bigger one like 95% of the time. this one is powerfull, easy to clean and fits in the top drawer of the dishwasher.

one thing though, it is messy. the top lid is not close to allow addition of liquids/spices while mixing, but splashes (and a lot of splashes) are coming through, requiring you to cover it with your hand

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Chopper for Small Items, Jan. 3 2012
Ce commentaire est de: KitchenAid KFC3100CR Mini Chef Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
The KitchenAid Mini Chef Chopper is a great tool for the kitchen, especially when it comes to dicing smaller items such as onions. Not only does it save time on the chopping, but also the aggravation of tears that normally accompanies that task!

The chopper won't hold a full-size vegetable or fruit, so you must first cut them into smaller pieces to fit them in, although I see that as a minor inconvenience. There is no top-feeder in this chopper as well, so the unit would need to be stopped and the top removed in order to add additional pieces.

This is actually my second KitchenAid Mini Chef Chopper in 7 years - although the first one never failed. Rather it was user error, when I was disposing of unused onions and seem to have also thrown the blade into the garbage as well - at least that's what I assume happened, as I can't find it any more! I'd prefer to be able to find replacement blades for it - one would assume that they would slowly dull over the years - but at sales prices these blenders are inexpensive to rebuy, renewing your warranty on the,

4.0 out of 5 stars Right tool, for the right job., Dec 5 2011
Ce commentaire est de: KitchenAid KFC3100CR Mini Chef Chopper, Chrome (Kitchen)
As an avid fan of affordable home ownership, the spending of less money, increased efficiency and small cute bunnies. I would say this device hits all the marks, with exception to the last point.

To see if you and this item are a clear fit, let me ask you some questions:

Do you own a microwave? A stand mixer? How about a waffle maker? a toaster? etc... And now, more importantly, do you have room in your kitchen space to house all these assortments of small house appliances? Or are you willing to allocate in order to house more small appliances? If the answer is "yes" for all the small appliances and "no" for the kitchen space and the allocation of living requirements, then move to the next question.

Do you own a blender? And do you know what a blender does? Because, quite remarkably, people get confused about the difference between a blender and a food processor. Do not use the food processor for mixing liquids, getting a fine puree, etc. because that is what a blender is designed to do. I don't have sympathy for the confused.

Are you a 3 cup or 12 cup? I can't answer this one for you. This is a question, as a man, I must ask myself every day when I wake up each morning. It takes some soul searching, long walks on the beach, but at the end its something you just have to know... Who am I kidding. Its the difference between $50 (I got mine for $30, for the 3 cup) and $200 (for a twelve cup).

In summary, this thing is small, works like a dream and is the fraction of the cost. It is easy to clean, takes little room to store and does what a FOOD PROCESSOR does! It is not recommended if you find yourself with an enormous empty home, way too much money, and an ego which is strongly tied in proportional to food processor cup size. And if you are that person, then you are living my dream.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini a marvel, Nov. 4 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Tradition reigns in our household and I still make Christmas cakes. Yes fruit cakes. And one of the ingredients is chopped dates--so this became the first chore of my new Kitchen Aid chopper. It performed the chopping function beautifully. I don't give it a full five stars because it wanted to jump around a bit and cleaning was a bit fiddly. However, the Kitchen Aid trademarks of design and quality are in full evidence. Great value for the price I paid at Amazon.ca.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›