5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures of Ford Fairlane!! Classic Dice at his best!
I was looking good and hard for this movie and found it finally for a decent price. I bought used for only $6 so pretty good deal and disc was in great shape. This is a great comedy with Andrew Dice Clay at his best. Love his stand-up and finally got to watch this movie. It's a classic!
Published 5 months ago by Dylan

3.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece it is NOT
Published on March 9 2004 by M. Elizabeth Pietrzak

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures of Ford Fairlane!! Classic Dice at his best!, Oct. 29 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty entertaining, Dec 25 2007
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
This is a pretty entertaining movie, as I recall, but not exactly super hilarious or super clever. At this point in his career, the Diceman had become very well known, and I get the feeling that this was somewhat of a standard movie to cash in on that notoriety. Not necessarily as funny or as shocking as some of his stand-up material, but still worth a look, partly because it's a slice of American pop culture history. Author of Adjust Your Brain: A Practical Theory for Maximizing Mental Health.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many as*ho*es, so few bullets, July 7 2004
Ron L. (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
Finally, one of the best movies comes to DVD. After having checked the availability for the past ten years I finally discovered this gem at a local Wal-Mart in the worthless bin. This has to be the best thing I have ever purchased for $5. Anyway, THANK GOD!

5.0 out of 5 stars "No Thanks! I've got me own!", May 28 2004
Mr. KnowItAll "The DVD GURU" (In a galaxy far, far away!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
All I have to say is....IT'S ABOUT F****N' TIME!!!!!!!!! A cult classic that made the term, "cult classic", mean something. Now if we can just get "The Soldier" starring Ken Wahl, and "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" starring Cary Elwes, then we'll ALL be happy little DVDites!!!!!!Go to Amazon.com and tell them what you want to see on DVD. MAKE THEM RELEASE IT!!!!!! Later people.........

5.0 out of 5 stars finally!!!! the dvd i've been waiting for., May 4 2004
Benjamin Dotson (ooltewah, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
Andrew Dice Clay as Ford Fairlane is one of the most underated movie characters of all time. The movie comes off a little dated after all these years , but is still great fun. Cameos from Robert Englund , Ed O'Neal and Kari Whuer. The dvd is awesome. The commentary is good , a very short making of and the trailer.
Maybe one day a sequel?

4.0 out of 5 stars ford fairlane, March 13 2004
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
used dvd are a rip off. ford fairlane olny five bucks new wallmart. great funny show

3.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece it is NOT, March 9 2004
M. Elizabeth Pietrzak "driftingcloud" (Claremont, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adv of Ford Fairlaine (VHS Tape)
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, starring Andrew Dice Clay. Raw, raucous, and totally unconventional. Unbelievable. Un-f@*!ing-believable. I don´¿t need to recap the film as most of the other reviewers have summed up the story succinctly. Ya gotta love the cameos, Sheila E, Morris Day (remember The Time?), David Bowie, and the cast has Lauren Holly (the sexy redhead cop in Picket Fences...mmmm..wanted her so badly....mhmmm...but she had to kiss Dice...yuuuuuuk!), Ed O´¿Neill, Gilbert Gottfried (in a role that puts Howard Stern to shame!)
I originally bought this movie on VHS because I am a long-time Yello fan and I discovered that Yello scored the movie. I bought it on VHS years ago, watched it once and was disgusted that Yello had put their name on such trash. I could see why Yello never scored another film. Well, I just watched it again, with fresh eyes, and despite the fact that there is not much Yello, other than some clips from their 1990 album Baby (I now understand why Baby was such an uneven album, many of the songs were written for this film and they just don´¿t flow properly in an album format. That or they are too closely tied to the same storyline as the film.) Yes, despite the fact that there was less fresh Yello in the film than I wanted, the film is actually well crafted. I planned on watching just a bit of the beginning to check out again how much Yello is in the film, and I simply couldn´¿t stop watching. Two hours later and I discover there is a DVD version. While it is not my standard fare in humor and style, I am going to have to get the DVD to see what it looks like in widescreen format.
My first watching years ago was on a small television, so perhaps that had something to do with my first impression of "::shrug::" Watching the VHS version on my projector the other night was a completely different story. You really need to consider how easy it is to get bored by a film when it is on a tiny TV screen. Watching it in a larger format or in the theatres gives a whole new twist and perspective to the viewing. Definitely worth the trouble here.
While I am not fond of the humor, I give the movie a solid three stars, maybe 3-1/2 or 3-3/4. Sorry Dice, I just can´¿t bring myself to give you four stars...no dice.... Definitely worth the time and effort to buy in DVD and view on a large screen, and enjoy the soundtrack on something better than crappy old worn-out VHS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor Dice, given a bad rap..., Jan. 11 2004
R. Gawlitta "Coolmoan" (Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
I remember the early days of Don Rickles, the master of insult humor. His career was saved when his Las Vegas crowd rallied to let the public know that he was really a nice guy. Unfortunately, the Dice-Man didn't have that support, and his 80's update of Rickles-type humor was blown out of proportion by a misguided, politically-correct public that wouldn't know a funny joke if it was strapped to their privates. Dice IS funny, and he IS a nice guy. His humor is probably a "GUY" thing, but he talks no differently than anyone I've known who lived in a college dorm. Okay. Enough about the misunderstood Dice. "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane", an early effort from Renny Harlin, is always funny and always entertaining. The screenplay is clever, a direct parody of dumb detective films, with many original ideas, tailor-made to the many talents of Andrew Dice Clay. Dice is quite charming, always self-effacing and having a great time. The assembled cast is great, with Gilbert Gottfried in a natural role, a fine nasty performance from Wayne Newton, as well as Robert Englund (in a non-Freddy role, but still nasty). Lauren Holly is a stabilizing factor, and Priscilla Presley (remember the "Naked Gun" films?) is as straight as ever. Really enjoyable is Maddie Corman (the little sister from "Some Kind of Wonderful") as Zuzu Petals (I've not been able to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" without thinking of Maddie...) Ed O'Neill's rendition of "Booty Time" may stick with you.Andrew Dice Clay's humor may not appeal to all, but this is a fun film and the Dice-Man is quite endearing. Don't judge...ENJOY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wild Adventure, Jan. 10 2004
"glasspider" (West Hartford, Connecticut United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adv of Ford Fairlaine (VHS Tape)
Having had the misfortune for being politically incorrect at a time when doing so was not "in", Andrew Dice Clay's "Adventures of Ford Fairlane" recieved all sorts of negative criticism, some going so far as to say it was "the worst movie ever made".
I felt differently.
It was exciting, lively, everything an action movie should be.
Forget what the holier-than-thou politically correct types say, watch the movie, have fun!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S BOOTY TIME, BOOTY TIME, Jan. 10 2004
This review is from: Ford Fairlane Adv of (DVD)
It's about time that one of my favorite comedy films of all time puts in an appearance on DVD. This movie was tailor-made for Clay and his stage act (much as Denis Leary's part in Demolition Man seemed to be). With an eclectic cast, memorable dialog, and an amusing storyline, this film has all the trimmings of a cult classic. The bonus features here include a "making of" featurette, the theatrical trailer, and Billy Idol's "Cradle Of Love" music video. While presented in both formats on the same disc, you should forgo the full screen version and check out the wide screen version so that you don't miss the subtle comedic backround touches. Love him or hate him, you shouldn't miss the Diceman at his best. It's Booty Time, Booty Time.

ARRAY(0xb4fb9b94)

Ford Fairlane Adv of
Ford Fairlane Adv of by Renny Harlin (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 80.71