4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have
The only thing that I did not realize about this soundtrack is that it is not the actual songs of that era. They are newer versions with recent artists. I would have prefered the original oldies.
Published 16 months ago by Amy Nickerson

3.0 out of 5 stars too short
This movie music is great, but it's too bad they didn't include all the songs/cuts on this CD. This CD only has less than half of the music from the movie soundtrack, and I don't think they picked the best 12.
Published on Dec 29 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have, March 18 2013
This review is from: Soundtrack (Audio CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Songs!!!, June 1 2004
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I have not heard this soundtrack aside from the bits and clips from the movie but I do STRONGLY remembering Les Paul and Mary Ford's "How High the Moon" a CLASSIC song from the 50's which was not even featured on the soundtrack!
How can an entire song be played through a portion of the movie and not make the cut for the soundtrack?
I am a little disappointed as I grew up listening to Les and Mary and have always been a big fan! I recommend getting one of their greatest hits albums for the best and most memorable of their tunes.
I don't beleive I will be buying this soundtrack because of the lack of this and a few other songs I felt were rather important to the mood and setting of the film on top of the fact that they were the few I actually REMEMBER from the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing, April 17 2004
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
This cd is extremely soothing and it flows nicely from one song to another. My favorites are The Heart Of Every Girl by Elton John, Bewitched Bothered And Bewildered by Celine Dion, and Secret Love by Mandy Moore. Tori Amos's songs are okay on this album, but her voice is sort of high - pitched and noisy that it gets on my nerves. The Heart Of Every Girl is upbeat, fun to dance to and has a somewhat jazzy feel to it. The songs by Celine Dion and Mandy Moore are so comforting and relaxing. Istanbol (Not Constantinople) by The Trevor Horn Orchestra is another fun one. I'd recommend this cd. It's relaxing, soothing, and has a jazzy feel to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Jazzy and Fun!, April 12 2004
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I just recieved this cd for my birthday yesterday, and have listened to it 4 times since.
THe songs are fun, great remakes with popular pop singers doing them. This is a great cd for anytime. From
Istanbul Constantinople with it's bouncy saxaphones and dizzying lyrics.

To Murder he says, this sounds weird at first taste, but listen to it, and you'll find quirky lyrics with a twist. A delightful song.

To even The Heart of Every girl, mind you I dont usually like Elton John, but he did a great job with this remake.

Kelly Rowland does an excellent job with this remake, You would never know. It's wonderful
THen Lisa Stanfield does a wonderfully sexy version of Sinatra's I've got the world on a string. Her voice just extenuates the positives of this song.
There are just too many songs on this cd that I like,Well you get the point. Get the cd you wont' regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Santa Baby, March 27 2004
Ashley Burnett "Ashton" (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
The Mona Lisa Smile soundtrack is a very peaceful arrangement of music. "You Belong To Me" is a classy song that makes you want to grab a dancing partner to hug and hold. "Mona Lisa Smile" is the song that gives the movie it's title. Very oldish, yet good to hear some good music these days. "Santa Baby" is the classical Christmas song that gives a good beat about the season. Famous artists such as Elton John, Mandy Moore, Alison Krauss, and Barbra Streissand have included their beautiful array of songs. And, the albumn wouldn't be an albumn without the chipper "Not Constantinople"

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time, March 12 2004
Kristin Eriksen (Trondheim, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
This simply is a delightful soundtrack. It gets me in a good mood and it allows me to daydream a little. My favorite tracks are 1, 2, 3, 6 and 9 (But seriously like all the tracks). Give this soundtrack a listen, it will be well worth your money:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Song, March 6 2004
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
Advert song is Dreams by Cranberiies - top song. Why isn't it on the album?

4.0 out of 5 stars question, March 5 2004
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
does anyone know the name of the song on the commercial for mona lisa smile? it's the commercial for the DVD... kind of sounds like the cranberries, maybe?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!!!!!!, Feb. 3 2004
Melissa Wiebe (Abbotsford,BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I recieved this CD for my birthday and I love it!! I have really enjoyed listening to the CD. In fact, I have listened to the CD over and over to the point where I cannot get some of the songs out of my head. It is perfect for the individual who either enjoyed the movie or enjoys music from the early 50s.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is The Cranberries?, Jan. 23 2004
Juscelino (Fortaleza,CE BRAZIL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I'm surprised where is The Cranberries.It's the first time that I know about one movie that use one music and don't put in your Cd.When I saw the first time i think very beautiful the music Dreams in the movie but now I'm very sad because don't have this music in Cd.I don't Like.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th
Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th by Rachel Portman (Audio CD - 2006)