5.0 out of 5 stars Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters
This soundtrack is a very classy collection of standards, without a single clunker. It also has the added bonus of an outstanding new song. "The Heart Of Every Girl" is one of the most romantic songs ever written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin. The arrangement, featuring lush strings and brass, perfectly compliments Elton's piano. Elton's voice has deepened...
Published on Jan. 19 2004 by Michael King

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Songs!!!
I have not heard this soundtrack aside from the bits and clips from the movie but I do STRONGLY remembering Les Paul and Mary Ford's "How High the Moon" a CLASSIC song from the 50's which was not even featured on the soundtrack!
How can an entire song be played through a portion of the movie and not make the cut for the soundtrack?
I am a little...
Published on June 1 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Santa Baby, March 26 2004
Ashley Burnett "Ashton" (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
The Mona Lisa Smile soundtrack is a very peaceful arrangement of music. "You Belong To Me" is a classy song that makes you want to grab a dancing partner to hug and hold. "Mona Lisa Smile" is the song that gives the movie it's title. Very oldish, yet good to hear some good music these days. "Santa Baby" is the classical Christmas song that gives a good beat about the season. Famous artists such as Elton John, Mandy Moore, Alison Krauss, and Barbra Streissand have included their beautiful array of songs. And, the albumn wouldn't be an albumn without the chipper "Not Constantinople"

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Charming., Nov. 23 2003
David M. Conner (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
This album is perfectly charming. It features contemporary pop (if you can consider Tori Amos pop) stars singing inspired big-band era songs, and in almost every instance, pulling it off without a hitch. If you don't like Celine Dion, there's no way I can convince you, but she does better than not-make-you-want-to-vomit-with-sappiness in a very controlled version of "Bewitched" that showcases the song as much as her voice, and threatens the album's closer, Barbra Streisand. Like the movie, the album probably won't move you to tears, but you definitely won't be suffering buyer's remorse, either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, Dec 13 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I took a chance buying this CD without first listening to it. It was on sale, I was in a hurry...and it looked like it was going to be a good soundtrack. Well, it's far exceded my expectations! While you may look at the list of songs and think "this is my parents' (or grandparents') music," don't overlook this gem of a CD. It's today's artists who, while honoring the original renditions, add their own touch to these musical treasures. Team this CD with the "Love Actually" soundtrack and you've got a perfect holiday gift for a loved one...or yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this cd, Nov. 24 2003
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
The voices of the pop stars sound better than they ever have on this more substantial material. Every song is a delight to hear. Even Celine, who usually makes me wince in pain at her shrill screaming, is a delight to hear. Someone has pulled together a perfect assembly of well-directed singers who sound like they were around in the 40s and 50s. These singers could have been Rosemary Clooney's contemporaries.
I love this CD - the best movie soundtrack album since "Living Out Loud"

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning compliation, amazingly produced, Dec 10 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I know this is a terrible cliche but here goes....if you buy only one soundtrack this year, make sure it's this one.
Seal has got to be channeling Nat King Cole in the Mona Lisa track. it is uncanny and chilling how similar they sound. Each track is better than the next and the Elton John song is a great addition to the rest of the standards on this disk. Buy this now! It's a great stocking stuffer.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!!, Dec 15 2003
David A. Preiser "Mannequin Man" (Tacoma, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
This Cd Is Wonderful!!! Seal Sings "Mona Lisa" Warm & Beautifully!! Celine Dion Does A Great Job With "Bewitched", Lisa Stansfield Once Again Is Fabulous As Is Alison Krauss!! But My Personal Two Favorites Are Chris Isaak's Gorgeous "Besame Mucho" & Barbra Streisand's Stunning Version Of "Smile"!!! This Trully A Fantastic Cd, I Hope The Movie Is As Great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What voices, Nov. 30 2003
M. Behlmann (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
Wow! This album pretty much blew me away. I wasn't expecting much when I purchased this album, but it was much much better than I could have ever anticipated. Every song on this CD amazed me. I can't believe how good EVERYONE'S voice sounds. These artists did a terrific job. It truly sounds like authentic 50's music. Great, great album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldies But Goodies, Dec 28 2003
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
This is one CD that grows on you. After listening to it from beginning to end for the nth time, it just gets better and better. Every tune seems familiar yet fresh. Macy Gray did a very impressive rendition of "Santa Baby". Celine Dion, Elton John, and Barbara Streisand in one album, what more can you ask for? A classic indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!!!!!!, Feb. 3 2004
Melissa Wiebe (Abbotsford,BC Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I recieved this CD for my birthday and I love it!! I have really enjoyed listening to the CD. In fact, I have listened to the CD over and over to the point where I cannot get some of the songs out of my head. It is perfect for the individual who either enjoyed the movie or enjoys music from the early 50s.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is The Cranberries?, Jan. 23 2004
Juscelino (Fortaleza,CE BRAZIL) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th (Audio CD)
I'm surprised where is The Cranberries.It's the first time that I know about one movie that use one music and don't put in your Cd.When I saw the first time i think very beautiful the music Dreams in the movie but now I'm very sad because don't have this music in Cd.I don't Like.

Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th
Mona Lisa Smile Music From Th by Rachel Portman (Audio CD - 2006)