5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing and Enchanting Voice
Published on July 13 2004 by Andreas S

3.0 out of 5 stars listenable pop
There's nothing really wrong with this, but don't let these gushing reviews fool you into thinking that Tyrell's music is more than pleasant easy listening fare. Sinatra, he's not.
Published on Feb. 20 2004 by kevnm

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing and Enchanting Voice, July 13 2004
Andreas S (Jakarta,Indonesia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
The first time I heard Steve Tyrell's music was on the internet radio. And since then I became one of his fans. It was October 2003, My dad bought this album for me and I was enjoying listen to this album 'till now. My favorite tune in this album is "This guy's in love", he re-arranged the living legend of easy listening composer, Burt Bacharach. In this album, steve's successfully re-arranged and sang all the songs with compassionate, soothing and enchanting voice that you will listen to it over and over again. This CD is highly recommended for those of you like some of these great vocalists such as Michael Buble, Tony Bennet, Frank Sinatra, Dianna Krall and many other great vocalists. I guarantee you wouldn't regret it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars good listening, June 20 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: This Guy's in Love (Audio CD)
Steve is a new discovery for me, although he's been around awhile. His voice is unique-strong&,vibrant, his style is just right. This is my 3rd. cd of his, he just gets better & better with the old standerds, next cd of his will be a teaming of Rod Stewart---can't wait!!!! Just good singing!!!! & back ground, very up-beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this CD!, April 30 2004
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
I first saw Steve Tyrell on the "Today" show doing an interview w/Katie Couric re: the death of his wife from colon cancer. While I was quite touched by his loss I was blown away by the snippets of music they aired of this CD.
I received it yesterday and I cannot tell you how many times I have played it ... over and over and over again. I rarely read who producers or arranges music on cd's, but I had to know, I love this cd that much. Kudos to all involved. This is one sexy cd. It reached that romantic part of me that we have all experienced in that first rush of new love, no matter what age you happen to be. It makes me feel happy, glowing, girlish.
I've purcahsed Rod Stewart's "All American Songbook"and Michael Buble's first cd and while they were both OK, I hardly listen to them. I've already put in my Amazon cart another of Steve TYrell's CD's. What a rush! BUY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars With Style And Elegance, Steve Tyrell Leads The Way!, March 24 2004
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
Steve Tyrell can really sing! With his latest release "This Guy's In Love", he demonstrates his musical prowess, as he effortlessly performs 14 complimentary selections, and leads the way back to the wonderful tunes from the Great American Songbook. His original interpretations of these classic songs breaths new-life into them, and once again validates the obvious; these beautifully written tunes are truly timeless. It is challenging to do justice to this music, but as always Steve has proven his musical worth and given us a great album to enjoy over and over again.
If you LOVE listening to GREAT CROONERS and BIG BAND SWING, I would also recommend, Monte Procopio "Swingin' With Style" CD. He is another great crooner that can really SWING and deserves a listen. Buy both these CDs, you can't go wrong!

3.0 out of 5 stars listenable pop, Feb. 20 2004
kevnm "kevnm" (Costa Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so turned on by his voice, Jan. 1 2004
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
OWWW, he's sooo good looking too!!! And I'm a guy! his voice is so soulful and he sings standards like a white Louis armstrong, if that makes any sense at all. He is usually backed by the great jazz trumpeter Clark Terry, and usually only hires the finest jazz musicians, which is the main reason to acquire his cd's, but boy he gets me so turned on, I gotta go take a cold shower now, bye...

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS GUY'S IN LOVE; Isn't It Romantic?, Dec 21 2003
M.L. Allen "Allen's Opinion" (Daytona Beach, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
One might think we've heard the best of Steve Tyrell. With three albums--A NEW STANDARD, STANDARD TIME, and THIS TIME OF THE YEAR--already to his credit, each one more exciting than the one before. But no. Tyrell has fulfilled all expectations with his new offering, THIS GUY'S IN LOVE.
Opening with Bob Mann's groovy guitar, Tyrell steps up to perform his magic on Rodgers and Hart's "Isn't It Romantic?" and within the first few bars, I felt my face auto-launch into smile mode.
The standards are here, but with Bob Mann arranging, you can count on a fresh approach. The old and familiar songs sound as though they were written for Steve Tyrell. And Tyrell's style makes them sound as if he wrote them himself.
And of course, Tyrell calls on the talents of the best musicians out there. Alan Pasqua, Bob Mann, Clark Terry, and Plas Johnson shine on several of these selections. Mann adds nice vibes to "You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To." And Antoine Silverman's fiddle melds well with Tyrell's unique take on Hoagy Carmichael's classic, "Georgia On My Mind." This is so special. You can't listen to Steve Tyrell sing "Georgia On My Mind" without smiling.
With Tyrell's marvelous voice, lyric by the Bergmans--"Amazing how serene it is, the shade of evergreen it is"--and Mann's wonderful guitar, "Love Like Ours" is easily the most romantic moment on this generally romantic album.
Michael Brecker performs jazzy sax solos on Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away From Me" and Jules Styne's "Just In Time." Brecker took time out from winning Grammys, and is noted in Jazziz magazine as, "...the most influential tenor stylist of the last twenty-five years."
Burt Bacharach arranged, co-produced, and plays piano on two songs he wrote with Hal David. "This Guy's In Love With You" belonged to Herb Alpert for thirty-five years. Now it's Tyrell's song. "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" was previously recorded to perfection by Barbra Streisand but Tyrell gives new life and a bit of drama to this incredibly beautiful ballad.
There are no duets and that's a good thing. While the ladies who joined him on previous albums certainly held their own, we do buy Steve Tyrell's music to hear Steve Tyrell.
Listen to it. Isn't it romantic? And what a gift for everyone you love. They're sure to find an old favorite love song sung the way Steve Tyrell--and I--think they should be sung. Or maybe you'll find a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Guy's in Love, Dec 4 2003
Cheryl Killian (Woodstock, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
Hearing him do "Nevertheless" was alone worth the price of the CD! I am a newcomer to his music and after buying his first two CD's & the Christmas CD, I was anxious to hear the selection of songs for this CD and it is wonderful. I have enjoyed his music so much that I have purchased complete sets of his CD's for Christmas gifts! Buy it--buy them all! I only hope that he will perform in Atlanta again so that I will get to hear that voice in person.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Girl's In Love, Dec 3 2003
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
I absolutely adore this album. It makes me feel good. Steve Tyrell is a wonderful singer and I have now bought all of his cds. I could listen to him sing all night and go to sleep the next morning with beautiful dreams.
For Christmas this year I am making Italian gift baskets for all of my friends. The contents are marinara sause, pasta, wine, and Steve Tyrell's new album.
I have all of my friends hooked on his music and some of them are very young and they love his sound.
He needs to be seen more. I would love to see him on TV. Keep up the good singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Guy's in Love, Nov. 30 2003
This review is from: This Guys In Love (Audio CD)
He's done it again! The arrangements are exciting and the musicians are the best. Steve just makes me happy when he sings. Can't wait for the next album.

This Guys In Love
This Guys In Love by Steve Tyrell (Audio CD - 2006)