5.0 out of 5 stars A Historical Achievement!
Published on Feb. 25 2004 by Timotee

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Movie EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Published on June 3 2004 by Jonathan Oliver Age 13

5.0 out of 5 stars A Historical Achievement!, Feb. 25 2004
Timotee (Torrance, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Mankind has truly taken a step into the technological future with "Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over" and it's highly creative genius! The little boy Juni Cortez (Daryl Sabara) gave up the O.S.S. to do private investigator work, but his sister Carmen (Alexa Vega) tried to play the evil Toymaker's (Sylvester Stallord) video game. She lost because she couldn't handle the wizardry of the diabolical genius. Then Juni came back to save his sister and the world. That's how extensive and intricate the plot of the story really is. Duh. The boy goes through these levels with computer nerds and he is the main star, but not quite. Evil Toymaker is the best character in this movie and he deserved an Oscar nomination for all FIVE of his roles. Only Sylvester Stallord can truly dominate a motion picture like this! George Clooney does his best Stallord impression and scores big time. Kudos to you man. Yes, every person in the world should see this historical achievement. The set designs were more impressive than any "Star Wars" movie and the acting was phenomenal, especially Sylvester Stallord's. All of that raw emotion! Those kids can move! They were racing at 300 mph, surfing on lava, fighting with glowing sticks! The 3-D is monumental and it hasn't been this great since who knows! What an accomplishment! Robert Rodriguez did all of this stuff in his garage, can you believe that! I'm in awe and I have mad appreciation for everybody in this movie! Blissful harmony, rejoice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandkids Loved It, March 6 2014
My grandkids really loves this movie! It was a great choice for them as a Christmas stocking stuffer. They have the other movies so it adds to their collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Movie EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, June 3 2004
Jonathan Oliver Age 13 (New York City,NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This has to hit my bottom 100 list. The dialogue is cheesy, the special effects are crap and the actors have about no idea how bad this was.When we look at them grab an object thee special effects are terrible. I would love to know what these people were smoking when they came up with this script. And positive, negative 3D glasses( the ones with one lense red and the other blue) make the image even worse. I could hardly see!!!
But thankfully, I watched this at my friends house, so I did not pay for it.Do yourself a favor and just nod away in disgust when you see this DVD...

3.0 out of 5 stars KINDA GOOD, July 16 2004
I DONT LIKE IT AS MUCH AS THE FIRST TWO,BUT IT`S PRETTY COOL BECAUSE IT`S IN 3 DIMENSIONS!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!!!!!!!!, July 1 2004
By A Customer
i seen this film in theatres and the 3D comes right to your face .so i bought the dvd and the 3D effects come right out of the screen.then i watched it on my relatives small tv in there vehicle and wow.the effects are as good as when you see them in the movie theatre.i mean right to your face.awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

1.0 out of 5 stars Spy Kids: Series Over, June 16 2004
By A Customer
Even though it was targeted at my age group, it was awful. The 3-d effects are awful. I mean, the color is awful, and one of the people I was watching it with got sick from the glasses. It seams to be be parodying the matrix by having 'the guy,' it takes place in a cumputer room, one thing I found in common is the line 'there is no spoon,' the movie feels like 'there is no plot.' Acting is awful in this. When I first heard that it was shot in only a month in a half, I was impressed. After I saw it, I could not believe it took so long to shoot it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the commentary, May 7 2004
Zachary P. Beane "xach" (Portland, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This is a pretty cheesy movie, a poorly connected sequence of action scenes in CGI. On the other hand, some of those scenes outdo big-budget movies; I thought the outlandish street race in oversized video vehicles was better than the pod race in Star Wars I, and with a less annoying kid.
As bad as it is, it's all worth it to watch Rodriguez's commentary, to hear him discuss the process of making a 3D movie, the future of digital cinema, and how he saved money and made a mildly entertaining (and hugely financially successful) movie under strict time and budget constraints.
Some of my favorite parts of the commentary:
"We didn't have this animation done on time, so we just had the character complain how it looked like an old video game."
"I wasn't sure if people would get splitting headaches from the 3D, so I made the movie only 80 minutes. That way, if it was a problem, at least it would be over soon."
The funniest parts are slightly apologetic, but there's plenty more to learn from, and he's never at a loss for words. Unlike typical DVD commentary, there isn't any dead time while he thinks of some bit of trivia about what's on the screen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fun and More Fun, May 7 2004
Travis Bond (Woodinville, WA) - See all my reviews
This movie is cool. The 3-D effects are cool. Of course this movie is cheezy but that is why it is fun. I got to see this movie in theater first and I would say that is was better in theater but it was still cool on my 32 in. screen. This is a must have for Spy Kids fans. Hopefully you have a DVD player because only the DVD is in 3-D, the VHS is not in 3-D, sorry VHS users who are Spy Kids fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome movie ,awesome acting,awesome 3D, May 6 2004
this movie is truly the best of the series and the greatest anaglyph 3D yet.i seen this movie in the theatres and the 3D effects are awesome. and i loved it so much had to buy it on dvd.i got home took out the 3D glasses popped in the dvd and wow right off the start the menu is 3D and everything.i pressed start film and the dimension films comes up just sits there for a second then starts to come of the screen and just explodes out of the screen.then floops floogle talks and sticks his hand out of the screen a couple times.then he tells you to take off the glasses for about 10 minutes then the excitment starts up again when juni enters the game and puts the glasses on.then frog tongues,health packs,hands,lava,race cars,claws and everthing come right of the screen right at ya.buy this dvd now!

1.0 out of 5 stars Strictly for kids!, May 4 2004
By A Customer
I saw the first "Spy Kids" movie when I was 13. I thought it was great then, and I still do. The humor is pretty good, and the spy technology is just a little ahead of our time, yet is presented in a way that appears as if it was invented recently. Naturally, I really wanted to see "Spy Kids 2". The novelty wore off after a few viewings. When "Spy Kids 3D" came out, I thought the story looked like it could be fun, and I decided to see it. My verdict: Rondriguez is going to the kids. That's why I don't like "Spy Kids 2" anymore. The gadgets are too futurisic look like they came from Toon Town. "Spy Kids" was relatively down to earth, but with new movies, Rondriguez is doing his best to appeal to the elementary school crowd. The gadgets are a dead giveaway in "Spy Kids 2". In "Spy Kids 3D", everything makes it obvious that the movie is for kids. If you've seen it, you know what I mean. The movie is very fast paced and the story is very basic. But to kids, that doesn't matter. All they need to know is that Juni is playing through a video game to stop the Toymaker from taking over the world. That's what they want, and that's what the movie delivers. To sum it up, this is a kid-only movie. That shouldn't be a problem since those types of movies occasionaly are released. What concerns me is that the director packages "Spy Kids 3D" as "A 3D experience for the WHOLE FAMILY!" The keyword here is whole, and I don't know if Rondriguez knows this, but family includes Mom, Dad, and teens, none of which will be interested in this movie. If you've got a kid whose 12 or under and wants to see this, rent it for them on DVD, then go from there.

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over [Import]
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over [Import] by Robert Rodriguez (VHS Tape - 2004)
Out of stock