Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

In Living Color - Season 1 (Bilingual)
Format: DVDChange
Price:$9.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on April 8, 2004
I recalled some laughs watching this show 10+ years ago, so I figured I would "go for it".
Positives:
1. The "Men on..." sketches. Two snaps in a circle. Tickle me pink!
2. Homey D. Clown. Would like him in every episode but..."Homey don't play dat".
3. Anton the wino. Remodels his house and installs mason-jar bathroom. Also has his day in court. Big on snot.
4. The PSA's for higher learning. Your colonic orifice glows in putrifaction. Let me spew my bowels if I may.
Those are the stand-outs. There are about 5 or 6 other good skits - spread out over 13 shows.
Negatives:
1. Long intro credits.
2. Fly girls not really that great - (sorry, not into hip hop gyration).
3. Keenen's intro to every show was identical - comes out of door - "Hi, I'm Keenen Ivory Wayans. This is In Living Color. I just want to introduce our DJ, SW1. And these are the fly girls, A, B, C, and D." Goes back in door.
4. Two episodes have a "commentary" for lack of a better term, by cast-member Tommy Davidson. Sparce comments are mostly telling us how great the show is.
5. "Fly girl featurette" had a lot of talking by Rosie Perez (choreographer), which caused me to pass on it.
Short "featurette" was OK - mostly comments from production/writing/casting department - about how great the show is.
There is a lot of so-so stuff, although it is obviously personal preference. Comedy is a tough business. Not sure if I will pop for season 2.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on April 8, 2004
I loved "In Living Color" over a decade ago. It felt very aged when I watched the first season on DVD last night. I think the show was so great because it was so fresh and up to the minute but it is not 1990 anymore. One of my favorite bits, the "Men on film" segment, discussed movies that have long been forgotten in my mind and I suspect in the mind of many. Sure there are still great scenes and I still laughed out loud on occasion, but not to the degree I did fourteen years. I really wanted to be able to write a good review of this legendary television show, but I find that to be impossible. Sorry.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again