5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of your listening
Treat yourself, if you are a Dave Matthews Band fan, to this well produced and edited concert from Central Park. The appeal of the particular song selections will, of course, be determined by personal taste. However, from my perspective, as a relative newcomer to the music of DMB, I am coming to appreciate the creative genuis behind the songs, especially as manifested in...
Published on July 28 2011 by A. Momney

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show
Let me preface this review by saying that I'm not a real big Dave Matthews fan. I'd heard some of the bands stuff and I'd seen them once from about a mile away at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Fest but I'd never gone out of my way to get more information.
Published on Jan. 6 2004 by Bryan A. Pfleeger

5.0 out of 5 stars This one will knock your socks off!, Jan. 20 2004
Andrew J. Tabberrah (Diliman, Quezon City, Manila Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
I heard about this concert DVD through my email newsletter subscription to the Dave Matthews Club. I ordered it over the Net before it was released and I was given a bonus live CD of other songs done in their other gigs which were not played in the DVD which makes for a spectacular bonus. I ended up paying more but I couldn't care less. Being from the Philippines where only DMB CDs are sold regularly, I couldn't resist the urge to buy this DVD, knowing it was more than 2 1/2 hours long. The music was great and of course the show was vintage DMB. Fans running to the stage in a mad frenzy to get the best spot of land in the Great Lawn. Wish I was there but this DVD made me come oh so close. I don't know about the following of DMB in our country, but the die hard fans I know of are always praying and hoping that the band will come around our part of the world in the future. Noot all bands can come even close to DMB in live performances. This is worth your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch DVD, Jan. 18 2004
Bill K (Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
They don't get much better than this. Video and audio quality excellent. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dave Matthews excellence.., Jan. 16 2004
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
If you are a fan, buy this DVD today. Don't wait buy it now. This is an unbelievable performance. The sound and picture is flawless. Buy it you will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This DVD is full of DMB energy, Jan. 15 2004
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
I first bought the cd's before I bought the DVD. I am a huge fan of DMB and there live albums. After hearing the audio version of the concert, I was amazed. So I deceided to purchase the DVD. I have been to a few of DMB's concert which were full of energy. After seeing the DVD, I was actually tired because the music just fills you up and you just want to stand up and dance while you watch this dvd. The new DVD is a great come back from the lousey Folsom Field DVD. I highly recommend this DVD for any DMB fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Dave Matthews Band, you'll LOVE this concert!, Jan. 6 2004
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
I think this concert performance was done primarily to cease the rumors that, no, DMB are NOT breaking up (some people began to wonder because of Some Devil). Also, a great thing about DMB is that if you hear a song on one of their albums that you DON'T like (like about half of the material on Busted Stuff), somehow it doesn't matter when you hear it live because then it just sounds too damn good.
Of course the band performs plenty of great songs like "Don't Drink The Water", "Too Much" and, uh-hmmm, "Ants Marching". But they also do some lesser-known songs like "Help Myself" from the Scream 2 soundtrack. They even perform covers, like Neil Young's "Cortez The Killer". And although I would give them an "A" for effort for "All Along The Watchtower", I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say it's right up there with the original - after all, Dylan and Hendrix have pretty big shoes to fill.
All in all, DMB performs extremely well at this Central Park concert, and you can tell the audience is really feeling it. The band even looks like they're having fun while they're playing, which I think is important. Some people may be upset that ALL their favorites weren't played that night (no "Space Between"???), but it was a great show regardless. It's so energetic that it almost makes you feel like you're AT it.
My suggestion is to pick up the DVD instead of the CD. Both are great, but live performances are better SEEN, don't you think?
Anthony Rupert

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show, Jan. 6 2004
Bryan A. Pfleeger (Metairie, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
On the advise of a friend I picked up this DVD and was impressed. The band rocked for the better part of three hours and while I was not real familiar with the set list looking at the copyright dates I presume I got music from throughout the career.
The highlights included a version of "Two Step" to end the first disc and and incredible "Cortez the Killer" and "Jimi Thing" that Warren Haynes sat in on.
All in all a great performance that made me want to go out and buy some of the other cd's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, now THIS is a concert DVD!, Jan. 6 2004
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
I've seen my fair share of concerts. I've seen my fair share of concert DVDs and videos. I'm in a band who has put on its fair share of concerts (and, that's right, we've filmed our fair share of them). But THIS sucker is astonishing!
With this praise, you're probably wondering why I didn't just slap on the 5 star rating. I'll explain, and then I'll praise some more. They didn't do "Bartender". I saw/heard that song for the first time on the Folsom Field disc and it is the single most emotional experience I've ever had in front of a television (with the possible exeception of the first time I managed to unscramble the Playboy channel), and I hadn't bothered to look at the set list before sitting down to watch this show (it's DMB, all their songs are good), and was then a bit bummed when through all these...just...whoa!...great!...stupendous performances, they didn't do that one song that I wanted to see so much.
Oh well, despite this minor setback, the show kicks mighty buttock in both sound, picture, performance, editting, and yes I'm sure even the catering was legendary.
100,000+ people...all for educational charities...NY...DMB...
Volume up please...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what DMB is all about., Jan. 1 2004
"conjuresomething" (Rancho Palos Verdes, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
This concert is certainly what encompasses the purpose of DMB. The concert is full of fun, energy, fantastic music, brilliant visuals, and heartfelt soul.
Dave Matthes knows how to perform. He gets the crowd going, he puts his heart into the music. This performance is definitely his best to date, as it made me scream and shout while I was watching the DVD alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Simply Amazing..., Dec 31 2003
"earldiesel" (NORTH CAROLINA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
OMG!!! THIS DVD IS THE BOMB!!! I HAVE BEEN A DMB FAN FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW, AND THIS IS THE BEST WORK I HAVE SEEN FROM THEM. THIS IS JUST AN AMZING EXPERIENCE. THIS PROBABLY WAS A LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SAW IT LIVE, BUT UH....EVEN IF YOU GET THIS DVD, IT IS STILL LIFE-CHANGING. I THINK STEFAN LESSARD DOES AN AMZING JOB WITH THE NATIONAL ANTHEM BEFORE 'ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER.' THAT IS A GREAT SHOW OF RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE OF NYC, AND THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA. DAVE ALSO SHOWS GREAT RESPECT BY THANKING THE FDNY AND NYPD. THEY HAVE HAD A TOUGH FEW YEARS HERE LATELY, AND FOR THEM TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT AT A DMB CONCERT, BUT AT THE SAME TIME JAM, IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME. SO, I RECOMMEND THIS DVD TO ANYONE WHO CAN SEE AND HEAR. IT IS THE MOST AMAZING DISPLAY OF MUSICAL TALENT EVER!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Live Album, Dec 30 2003
Steven Berkovitz (Thornhill, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
This is by far DMB's best live album. Jimmi Thing is incredible -- make sure you listen to the whole thing as it only gets better as the concert goes on.

ARRAY(0xb8c53bdc)

Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert
Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert by Lawrence Jordan (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 34.99