5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down, best DMB DVD...period.
Once upon a time, live shows actually meant something. If you couldn't give a phenominal performance live, then you weren't going to get very far in the music business. Bands like U2, Phish, and Aerosmith as well as icons like Bob Dylan and The Beatles earned their stripes by performing electric live shows to sellout crowds well before they had "made it" in the...
Published on May 9 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show
Let me preface this review by saying that I'm not a real big Dave Matthews fan. I'd heard some of the bands stuff and I'd seen them once from about a mile away at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Fest but I'd never gone out of my way to get more information.
Published on Jan. 6 2004 by Bryan A. Pfleeger

5.0 out of 5 stars a review of the concert, Oct. 29 2003
lucky fan (East Meadow, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
While I am well aware that the DVD has not come out yet, I can give a review of the concert that it was filmed at. I was lucky enough to be at the AOL concert for Schools in Central Park and I am happy to report that the show was absolutely fantastic.
They played all the favorites including Warehouse, Crush, What Would You Say, Dancing Nancies, Don't Drink the Water, All Along the Watchtower and so many others during the concert which lasted almost 3 full hours.
The set design was nice and their production team deserves alot of credit for their work. They do a tremendous job using the lighting to enhance the songs.
That's all nice but the absolutely best part about the concert is that the the Band was so *tight* I have been to several different concerts including Bruce Springsteen, U2, and Coldplay, and I can safely say that DMB has a much deserved reputation as the best concert band in the world. They put on the best live shows I have ever seen. It was quite clear at this concert that they love the material, and love performing it even more. The concert was full of energy that kept the crowd of 70,000+ standing in place for several hours,all crammed together, stuffed onto the Great lawn, wanting more when it was all over.
It was a tremendous show and I would recommend it to any one who is not only a casual Dave fan, but to anyone who is a fan of good music. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one will knock your socks off!, Jan. 20 2004
Andrew J. Tabberrah (Diliman, Quezon City, Manila Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
I heard about this concert DVD through my email newsletter subscription to the Dave Matthews Club. I ordered it over the Net before it was released and I was given a bonus live CD of other songs done in their other gigs which were not played in the DVD which makes for a spectacular bonus. I ended up paying more but I couldn't care less. Being from the Philippines where only DMB CDs are sold regularly, I couldn't resist the urge to buy this DVD, knowing it was more than 2 1/2 hours long. The music was great and of course the show was vintage DMB. Fans running to the stage in a mad frenzy to get the best spot of land in the Great Lawn. Wish I was there but this DVD made me come oh so close. I don't know about the following of DMB in our country, but the die hard fans I know of are always praying and hoping that the band will come around our part of the world in the future. Noot all bands can come even close to DMB in live performances. This is worth your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait. DMB rules the live stage. No one better!, Nov. 9 2003
Bricktop (Earth) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
It's funny how one reviewer already has the DVD and the CD when they are still not released for another two weeks. I went down to this show from St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. Even though money was tight at the time I knew this was a show NOT to be missed - boy was I ever right!!! I have seen DMB 10 times and this was the topper let me tell you. DDTW was a great opener but then to get So Much To Say into Too Much!! Carter's drumming during SMTSwas unbelievable - they really groove that song live. Jam during Crush was great. Then after When The World Ends it took off. Four songs in a row from Under The Table and Dreaming!! The park was going nuts during Warehouse. Two Step was blinding. I've seen Two Step a number of times but Carter in this version kicked my ass hard!! Woo hoo! Jimi Thing was the highlight of the night! Warren haynes rocked and Dave scatted like a posessed demon! Can't wait to relive this in Dolby Digital 5.1!!! Roll on Nov 18th.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DMB DVD. BUY IT TODAY, Dec 30 2003
Crumpeteer (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
This is without question the best DVD from DMB. This is the way forward - high definition video, DD5.1, 16:9 picture format and editing from someone who cares more about the viewer than their own arty agenda.
I love DMB, but not blindly. If I think something is crap then I will say so. This DVD is as near PERFECT as you can get. I know one could wish for certain extras such as subtitled lyrics or multi angles but this is only dressing.
I live in the UK, and as such DMB are not as well known as in the USA. When telling friends and spreading the DMB gospel I'm asked who they are. I always retort...... 'They produce music for GROWN-UPS.'
Just want to add that I thought 'Two Step' on 'Listener Supported' was tremendous, and it still is, but so is the arrangement of 'Two Step' on this Central Park DVD. It just goes to show how versatile DMB are.
Now Dave, no going back please. No more grainy video or 4:3 format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this DVD, Feb. 1 2004
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
If you don't want to enjoy a fantastic concert from one of the best bands around the globe.
But, more important, don't buy this DVD if you fear of becoming addicted to DMB.
I bought my first CD of DMB last week. But, within a week I just had to buy ALL the studio albums. I received the DVD yesterday and have already experienced the most enthralling numbers from their albums over and over again. Experienced, because this is sooo good, it feels like you're there.
The music is one of a kind, it's simply stated AMAZING, the sound is perfect and you get a fantastic view of DMB and all the fans in Central Park.
I'm sure there are a lot of DMB fans in Holland and I hope that we get the change to enjoy an astounding concert like this in future as well.
Buy this DVD and absolutely ALL studio albums you can get your hands on, it's an investment but one of the best lifetime investments you can make.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Concert Ever., Nov. 4 2003
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
I was at this show and I have to say that it was one of the greatest nights of my life. The band was on fire- the setlist was just one great song after another and the jams were incredible. Warren Hayes made it even better, especailly during that ridiculus "Jimi Thing" in which Dave morphs the song into Buffalo Springfeild!! The bass solo> "Watchtower" was spectacular and the triple encore was unbelievable. I had no idea where it was going to end: "Ants" looked like the show would end, and then I figured that they had to leave it at "Jimi Thing", but after three more songs I knew it was over and started to walk away. However, the band came back and did three more songs, ending with a spectacular "Stay." It was an epic event and the largest gathering of people I've ever seen. While the DVD hasn't come out yet, I'm sure that it will be great because the concert just can't be topped.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Experience, June 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
Well, this is about as close to "being there" as you can get. Everything about this DVD is amazing - the sound, the video, and of course THE MUSIC!!! DMB know how to put on a live show and regardless of how many millions of the studio albums they have sold, it is truly their live performances that capture their musical and showmanship abilities. All the songs are great. Watching them have a blast playing alongside Gov't Mule's Warren Haynes on "Cortez the Killer" and "Jimi Thing" were a couple of many highlights. Not to mention the inspired arrangement of "Two Step" and personal favorite "Grey Street". Central Park and New York City provide a perfect setting for this show. Buy this DVD! You won't be disappointed and you might just find yourself dancing around your living room!

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show, Jan. 6 2004
Bryan A. Pfleeger (Metairie, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
On the advise of a friend I picked up this DVD and was impressed. The band rocked for the better part of three hours and while I was not real familiar with the set list looking at the copyright dates I presume I got music from throughout the career.
The highlights included a version of "Two Step" to end the first disc and and incredible "Cortez the Killer" and "Jimi Thing" that Warren Haynes sat in on.
All in all a great performance that made me want to go out and buy some of the other cd's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Simply Amazing..., Dec 31 2003
"earldiesel" (NORTH CAROLINA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
OMG!!! THIS DVD IS THE BOMB!!! I HAVE BEEN A DMB FAN FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW, AND THIS IS THE BEST WORK I HAVE SEEN FROM THEM. THIS IS JUST AN AMZING EXPERIENCE. THIS PROBABLY WAS A LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO SAW IT LIVE, BUT UH....EVEN IF YOU GET THIS DVD, IT IS STILL LIFE-CHANGING. I THINK STEFAN LESSARD DOES AN AMZING JOB WITH THE NATIONAL ANTHEM BEFORE 'ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER.' THAT IS A GREAT SHOW OF RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE OF NYC, AND THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA. DAVE ALSO SHOWS GREAT RESPECT BY THANKING THE FDNY AND NYPD. THEY HAVE HAD A TOUGH FEW YEARS HERE LATELY, AND FOR THEM TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT AT A DMB CONCERT, BUT AT THE SAME TIME JAM, IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME. SO, I RECOMMEND THIS DVD TO ANYONE WHO CAN SEE AND HEAR. IT IS THE MOST AMAZING DISPLAY OF MUSICAL TALENT EVER!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FULL of energy!!!, Nov. 20 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (DVD)
OK, first of all I don't know who the Fred guy was who left the bad review. But, I'm gonna quote Scarface and say "All I have in this world are my balls and my word, and I don't break'em for no one, jou got dat?" I have been to several Dave shows and actually fortunate enough to see him a few days before this concert in Antioch, TN. I have also seen the other live DVD's and heard all the albums, BUT THIS DVD BLEW ME AWAY!!!!
The set list was UNBELIEVABLE, and the band was FULL of ENERGY!!
And Dave was unlike anything I've seen before. It was just one of those things that gives you goosebumps!! So, if you haven't heard much Dave, GO OUT AND BUY THIS!!! And if you're a Dave fan, then you shouldn't even be reading this because you should already know how GREAT it is!!

Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert
Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert by Lawrence Jordan (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 34.99