4.0 out of 5 stars awesome!!!
love this decorator, easy to use, even easier to clean, but the best part was that after 5 mins my icing didn't get warm inside the cylinder. Looking forward to doing my son's 2nd b-day farm cake in 2 wks. I do wish tho that it came with more tips.
Published on Feb. 27 2011 by mommyto4

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but annoying
Over the last four years since purchasing the Wilton Dessert Decorator Pro, I have observed a number of pros and cons of the product. I cannot say which one outweighs the other, so the following is a short-list of what I've found:

PROS:
1. Icing - especially those that are whipping-cream-based - will not become runny from the heat of your hands
2. You...
Published on Aug. 10 2011 by janindaboo

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but annoying, Aug. 10 2011

PROS:
2. You don't have to worry about having your icing bag explode on you
3. It's easy to fill, and isn't as messy to refill as an icing bag (at least, for me it was)
4. It's easy to clean (more so than an icing bag), and it won't stain like an icing bag can

CONS:
1. It's difficult - if not impossible - to use it for making roses; other delicate decorations can also be harder to do
2. While a number of parts are metal (=good), other parts are plastic... which breaks. The thumb lever on mine broke the second time I used it (using the larger piston instead makes it a lot trickier to decorate); then the plastic disc, which pushes the icing down, started falling off of the metal rod that held it; then the top button (of the large piston) cracked and fell off... now I have to deal with it randomly falling off whenever I'm using the decorator, causing me to stop to place it back where it belongs; and then I noticed that both couplers have developed small cracks in them, too.
3. The price (it's too much, in my opinion, to be paying the full retail price)

I would absolutely love this product if the plastic parts didn't break on me (perhaps having them replaced with metal parts would be better), and if the metal-plastic connections (as with the piston) didn't become separated from each other.

1.0 out of 5 stars The idea is good, only if it wasn't broken twice, April 22 2012
This review is from: Wilton Dessert Decorator Pro (Kitchen)
I was looking for exactly the same product for a while. Although the idea of this decorator was awesome, easy to switch the ends, in fact it came broken to me twice. I don't think it is very well made. The trigger for your thumb to push the cream through was cracked inside both times. First time I tried to use it and it felt really odd the way it moved. Only after struggling with it for a while, I realized that the plastic where the trigger is attached, was broken and trigger actually wasn't really attached to anything and that is why it didn't work well. Amazon was fantastic in assisting me in the return process. I chose to exchange it. However, when the item came, it had the exactly same broken trigger. I opened the box, saw it was broken, closed and sent it back.

I don't think the quality of this product is great. I don't know if gets damaged in the transition or even during the packaging process. I won't buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome!!!, Feb. 27 2011