4.0 out of 5 stars DRIPS NO MORE
Published on April 13 2010 by Eric R Fisher

2.0 out of 5 stars poor parts
Published 21 months ago by DHS

2.0 out of 5 stars poor parts, July 19 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart DCC-1200C Brew Central(TM) 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker (Kitchen)
We purchased this product from amazon.ca in January 2012. By July 2012 the coffee maker was no longer functioning. The piping that leads to the top of the machine which carries the water cracked causing it to leak and therefore insufficient water to make coffee. Poor manufactured part and I suspect while an important component to the functionality of the machine a cheaper weaker part was used to keep the cost down. A major disappointment because this was the second such machine we have purchased. They have a warranty program but ask for $10 to ship it for them to look at it. Its not worth it. We will look for another but will stay away from Cuisinart in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Everything about it Leaks..., Oct. 6 2010
lisen (BC., Canada) - See all my reviews
I was dumb enough to buy a second Cuisinart DCC-1200C Brew Central(TM) 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. The first carafe leaked so badly I thought it was a defect. I tried getting a refund but to no avail. The second one is no better, the carafe leaks big time. Each time one makes coffee, condensation builds up on the lid and runs down the backside onto the counter; and it is no small amount. It makes a mess of the counter, not to mention the countless rags it takes to keep everything clean. I will never buy anything Cuisinart again.

I am still looking for a leek-proof coffee maker.

4.0 out of 5 stars DRIPS NO MORE, April 13 2010
Eric R Fisher "fishface42" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This machine is very reliable; used with fresh-ground coffee beans it makes an excellent cup of coffee. With the current model, when you pull the carafe out mid-cycle, it barely drips. The case, unlike the former model, is made of genuine simulated stainless steel. Don't forget to run a cycle with white vinegar periodically to remove scale buildup, followed by a cycle of cold water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality & service rolled into 1, Aug. 26 2011
I purchased my Cuisinart coffee maker back in January 2010 and I simply love it - the coffee is always hot & delicious! The appliance itself is simple and easy to use as well as stylish.

One morning (about 2 months ago), I noticed that there was a faint smell of burnt plastic coming from the coffee maker, once I had started making a fresh pot. After investigating further; I found that there was smoke coming from the electrical connection in the back of the brewing station. I immediately stopped the machine & unplugged it.

I ended up mailing the whole thing back to the company (following warranty procedures included in the instruction booklet) including a $10.00 cheque for return postage, my original receipt of purchase & a brief note describing the problem which had arised with the coffee maker.

No more than 2 weeks later - there was a BRAND NEW machine (sealed & packaged)sitting on my doorstep, delivered via priority mail. All I can say is WOW!!! I am so impressed with this company, it is rare in this day & age to find true customer service.

So for whomever is considering purchasing one of these babies I say: GO AHEAD,BUY IT! You will love it & can feel assured that if there a glitch with your unit (which personally I think was a fluke for me) the company will address the problem promptly & professionally.

2.0 out of 5 stars Product rating, May 2 2013
Does not brew coffee hot enough and warming feature (on high) does not help.Coffee is luke warm despite running hot water through carafe prior to brewing and cup when I pour it.I drink my coffee black and still have to micro wave it to make it hot enough. One of my daughters has one just like which works fine.

Joe Sharp 905 723 7064

1.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart DCC-1200c Brew Central cup coffeemaker, March 29 2013
Very difficult to see the amount of water pored for coffee. No side widow (so to speak) on the side. The water container is black inside with the little measure steps dark color also. You almost need a flash light to see inside that chamber. After a year of use the control went on it and it shuts off in the middle or even at that beginning of brewing your coffee for no apparent reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart 12 cup Programmable coffemaker, March 6 2012
Robert Henderson "RobH" (Airdrie, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
The coffee maker is a good looking brushed aluminum and black combo with easy to use dials and settings for programming morning coffee. It emits a pinging sound when it is finished brewing but it is so quiet only my wife can hear it. It has an easy to pour in fresh water area and brews great coffee. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid purchase, Aug. 29 2011
D. Pearson "Champipple" (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
After being disappointed by a cheapo coffee maker, I decided to splurge for this one. I'm not disappointed in the least.

Makes coffee fast, no leaks, easy to clean caraffe (lid comes off instead of just flipping up) and feels like a quality unit.

Strongly suggest ditching the included gold filter for disposables. In my opinion, the coffee tastes better, makes less of a mess and is much easier to clean.

Loses 1 star for the practically unreadable clock display and cheap-feeling and unintuitive control knobs. Read the manual before using!

Otherwise, solid unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, Jan. 27 2010
JayJay (Victoria BC Canada) - See all my reviews
The machine looks great, works great and has all the features I like in a coffee machine. The 4-hour keep-warm feature lets me sleep longer than my husband !

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked well... then started leaking out the bottom., Oct. 18 2011
K. Hiemstra (Vancouver BC) - See all my reviews
I've had this coffee maker for almost 2 years and liked it due to its ease of use. However 2 days ago, it suddenly started leaking badly from the bottom when filled with water. Researching the internet indicates this is a fairly common problem. For the money, I'd expect this device to last me longer than a couple of years. Very frustrating. Makes me fearful of buying another cuisinart product.

ARRAY(0xb3e19768)