4.0 out of 5 stars DRIPS NO MORE
Published on April 13 2010 by Eric R Fisher

2.0 out of 5 stars poor parts
Published on July 19 2012 by DHS

2.0 out of 5 stars poor parts, July 19 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart DCC-1200C Brew Central(TM) 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker (Kitchen)
We purchased this product from amazon.ca in January 2012. By July 2012 the coffee maker was no longer functioning. The piping that leads to the top of the machine which carries the water cracked causing it to leak and therefore insufficient water to make coffee. Poor manufactured part and I suspect while an important component to the functionality of the machine a cheaper weaker part was used to keep the cost down. A major disappointment because this was the second such machine we have purchased. They have a warranty program but ask for $10 to ship it for them to look at it. Its not worth it. We will look for another but will stay away from Cuisinart in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars DRIPS NO MORE, April 13 2010
This machine is very reliable; used with fresh-ground coffee beans it makes an excellent cup of coffee. With the current model, when you pull the carafe out mid-cycle, it barely drips. The case, unlike the former model, is made of genuine simulated stainless steel. Don't forget to run a cycle with white vinegar periodically to remove scale buildup, followed by a cycle of cold water.

4.0 out of 5 stars great pot, great coffee, but..., Aug. 31 2010
This is a great coffee pot and I have bought two of them, both still in use. I agree with the reviews which talk about 'drips' when you pull the pot out and also 'drips' when you open the lid (this only happens if you lift the lid all the way up and the condensation runs down to the counter - I don't usually do this as I open in part way to take out the used filter and it is always dry by morning). My complaint would be the handle that doesn't seem to be attached well to the pot. Our first one broke and wasn't able to find a glue that would fix it permanently. Seems like a weak point in the pot. It's a very smart looking pot and we see it on the counter on the set of "Two and a Half Men", so if it's good in Malibu, it's good enough for us!! LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee ever, Aug. 23 2011
From the very first brew I knew I made a great decision. I often brew only a few cups and hot coffee is often hard to get. With my old machine I usually have to microwave to get the coffee hot enough. Having the 1-4 option that double heats the water to ensure a hot brew for small batches is excellent. I woke this morning to a hot fresh brew that simply put is specialty coffee shop quality. As a real bonus this machine looks excellent on our counter. The only thing I would change is making the clock window just a little larger. I could have bought many machines that were cheaper. I am glad I decided to spend the right amount to get great coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality & service rolled into 1, Aug. 26 2011
I purchased my Cuisinart coffee maker back in January 2010 and I simply love it - the coffee is always hot & delicious! The appliance itself is simple and easy to use as well as stylish.

One morning (about 2 months ago), I noticed that there was a faint smell of burnt plastic coming from the coffee maker, once I had started making a fresh pot. After investigating further; I found that there was smoke coming from the electrical connection in the back of the brewing station. I immediately stopped the machine & unplugged it.

I ended up mailing the whole thing back to the company (following warranty procedures included in the instruction booklet) including a $10.00 cheque for return postage, my original receipt of purchase & a brief note describing the problem which had arised with the coffee maker.

No more than 2 weeks later - there was a BRAND NEW machine (sealed & packaged)sitting on my doorstep, delivered via priority mail. All I can say is WOW!!! I am so impressed with this company, it is rare in this day & age to find true customer service.

So for whomever is considering purchasing one of these babies I say: GO AHEAD,BUY IT! You will love it & can feel assured that if there a glitch with your unit (which personally I think was a fluke for me) the company will address the problem promptly & professionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart 12 cup Programmable coffemaker, March 6 2012
Robert Henderson "RobH" (Airdrie, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
The coffee maker is a good looking brushed aluminum and black combo with easy to use dials and settings for programming morning coffee. It emits a pinging sound when it is finished brewing but it is so quiet only my wife can hear it. It has an easy to pour in fresh water area and brews great coffee. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars drips no more, Jan. 5 2011
I have had mine for 5 years.....great coffee. I buy this as a housewarming gift for all my friends. I just want to help those folks with the "drip" issue. The lid has to be all the way back as far as it can go. The only time the drips happen is when the lid is partially open and the water is not being directed to the little scoop at the back of machine. Push it all the way back and you wont have a puddle on the counter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fire hazard, April 2 2013
Loved my coffee maker until it short circuited and left the entire house smelling like burnt SOS pads. Seems to be a common problem and yet there's no product recall...Yikes!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good coffee maker., May 2 2014
I receved this package five days after I ordered it, just as I was promised. The fact that it was only shipped four days after says volumes about amazon.ca's desire to have people pay for faster shipping.

I have been using it now for about a month and yesterday the "time to clean" light went on. The cleaning went well and the coffee is ready in less than five minutes as usual. But since I live in the country and have moderately hard water, this feature is very useful. The one thing I don't like is the lack of ability to see the water level from outside the machine. I am only 5'2" and have to stand on my tippy-toes to see into the pot to check the water level.

Another good thing about this purchase if that it is less expensive than to buy the same item on the US site. That is something that doesn't not happen very often.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Just OK, Feb. 1 2013
Basic unit. coffee tastes ok but not as perfect as the Cuisinart grind and brew which i had to replace after 2 years(and not worth the 275$ cost to replace). takes about 7-10 min to brew. coffee tastes better with included basket than the paper filters for some reason. Easy set-up and pour. A bit of a pain to fill as markings on the inside reservoir and markings are a bit difficult to read on carafe when filling in the sink. Easy work arounds though. keeps coffee hot and glass seems thin but tough. carafe lid is tricky at first but very easy to learn to clean and put back.
i am thinking about getting the insulated carafe (personal choice). unit is light and feels cheap. clock is too small but we al have clocks in our kitchen to over come this oversight.
overall OK