march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on April 13, 2010
This machine is very reliable; used with fresh-ground coffee beans it makes an excellent cup of coffee. With the current model, when you pull the carafe out mid-cycle, it drips one or two drops. The case, unlike the former model, is made of genuine simulated stainless steel. Don't forget to run a cycle with white vinegar periodically to remove scale buildup, followed by a cycle of cold water.
10 Nov. '15 Five years on, machine has kicked the bucket and I am ordering a new one, identical I trust. This will be my third. I keep the carafes in case I break one. Since I grind the coffee ultra fine, I favor the cone filter to avoid possible overflow.
on August 31, 2010
This is a great coffee pot and I have bought two of them, both still in use. I agree with the reviews which talk about 'drips' when you pull the pot out and also 'drips' when you open the lid (this only happens if you lift the lid all the way up and the condensation runs down to the counter - I don't usually do this as I open in part way to take out the used filter and it is always dry by morning). My complaint would be the handle that doesn't seem to be attached well to the pot. Our first one broke and wasn't able to find a glue that would fix it permanently. Seems like a weak point in the pot. It's a very smart looking pot and we see it on the counter on the set of "Two and a Half Men", so if it's good in Malibu, it's good enough for us!! LOL
on August 23, 2011
From the very first brew I knew I made a great decision. I often brew only a few cups and hot coffee is often hard to get. With my old machine I usually have to microwave to get the coffee hot enough. Having the 1-4 option that double heats the water to ensure a hot brew for small batches is excellent. I woke this morning to a hot fresh brew that simply put is specialty coffee shop quality. As a real bonus this machine looks excellent on our counter. The only thing I would change is making the clock window just a little larger. I could have bought many machines that were cheaper. I am glad I decided to spend the right amount to get great coffee.
on August 26, 2011
I purchased my Cuisinart coffee maker back in January 2010 and I simply love it - the coffee is always hot & delicious! The appliance itself is simple and easy to use as well as stylish.

One morning (about 2 months ago), I noticed that there was a faint smell of burnt plastic coming from the coffee maker, once I had started making a fresh pot. After investigating further; I found that there was smoke coming from the electrical connection in the back of the brewing station. I immediately stopped the machine & unplugged it.

I ended up mailing the whole thing back to the company (following warranty procedures included in the instruction booklet) including a $10.00 cheque for return postage, my original receipt of purchase & a brief note describing the problem which had arised with the coffee maker.

No more than 2 weeks later - there was a BRAND NEW machine (sealed & packaged)sitting on my doorstep, delivered via priority mail. All I can say is WOW!!! I am so impressed with this company, it is rare in this day & age to find true customer service.

So for whomever is considering purchasing one of these babies I say: GO AHEAD,BUY IT! You will love it & can feel assured that if there a glitch with your unit (which personally I think was a fluke for me) the company will address the problem promptly & professionally.
on March 6, 2012
The coffee maker is a good looking brushed aluminum and black combo with easy to use dials and settings for programming morning coffee. It emits a pinging sound when it is finished brewing but it is so quiet only my wife can hear it. It has an easy to pour in fresh water area and brews great coffee. I recommend it.
on July 19, 2012
We purchased this product from amazon.ca in January 2012. By July 2012 the coffee maker was no longer functioning. The piping that leads to the top of the machine which carries the water cracked causing it to leak and therefore insufficient water to make coffee. Poor manufactured part and I suspect while an important component to the functionality of the machine a cheaper weaker part was used to keep the cost down. A major disappointment because this was the second such machine we have purchased. They have a warranty program but ask for $10 to ship it for them to look at it. Its not worth it. We will look for another but will stay away from Cuisinart in the future.
on September 1, 2012
Yes, fire - smoke and all. Haven't determined if it was the warming plate or wiring yet. See the consumer affairs website for list of complaints regarding this coffee maker and potential fire hazards!! No recall issued that I can find.
on April 7, 2013
Got the coffee maker for Xmas. It looks nice but five months later it is not working. It stops brewing before your coffee is finished. Have to keep turning it on and off several times to get it to brew the six cups of water I put in it. Does not make a good cup of coffee either. Don't waste your money on this product. Looks good but is inferior.
on August 9, 2011
this cuisinart coffee maker is the worst. I got one for xmas 2 years ago and had to replace it 2 times. first time it just started to smoke at the first brew. second time the control panel just stop working after one year of usage. Now the control panel stop working again I'm not going to bother returning it again. I will just trow it away and never buy another cuisinart product in my life time. If you need a disposable coffee maker than this is the product for you. It looks nice but beware of the cheap construction and please do not brew coffee unattended it has a tendency of going screwy and the electronics can catch fire.
on May 26, 2014
Had one of these, made great coffee.

It also tried to burn down my house a few months ago. A couple minutes after finishing brewing it filled the kitchen with acrid smoke and the hotplate finish crackled off from intense heat. Luckily I was at home to drag its smoking carcase to the far corner of the back patio where it slowly expired as i sat by its smouldering fire.

If you check online this has happened hundreds of times to this Cuisinart Coffee Maker and many of its sibling models.