countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on June 5, 2016
I just bought this coffee maker to replace my old Cuisinart 1200 of the same design from 20 years ago. Here is hoping that it is just as sturdy and reliable. I purchased the original Cuisinart at the Hudson Bay Company before E commerce was even born. Considering I make 10 pots of coffee a week X 52 Weeks X 20 years... 10400 pots of coffee (and that is the low estimate!) with the old coffee maker. It was a real workhorse. I have always liked this design (Before it was even called RETRO). The Carafe is well designed and does not drip and dribble all over. My only quibble after all of this, is the design of the water reservoir. There is no water level indicator on the outside so you have to locate the coffee maker in a place where you can look down at the reservoir. I have mine near the sink and I can easily pull it out to fill. That is the only downside I have ever found with this coffeemaker in all of these years. This coffee maker has lasted longer that my stove, fridge, TV, computer so it is well worth the money.
on June 14, 2016
Had one for 10+ years and then it started leaking. Time for a new one. This new one looks and performs exactly the same as the old one did. Happy to see that they had not cheapened it like so many other products these days.
on August 23, 2011
From the very first brew I knew I made a great decision. I often brew only a few cups and hot coffee is often hard to get. With my old machine I usually have to microwave to get the coffee hot enough. Having the 1-4 option that double heats the water to ensure a hot brew for small batches is excellent. I woke this morning to a hot fresh brew that simply put is specialty coffee shop quality. As a real bonus this machine looks excellent on our counter. The only thing I would change is making the clock window just a little larger. I could have bought many machines that were cheaper. I am glad I decided to spend the right amount to get great coffee.
on February 1, 2013
Basic unit. coffee tastes ok but not as perfect as the Cuisinart grind and brew which i had to replace after 2 years(and not worth the 275$ cost to replace). takes about 7-10 min to brew. coffee tastes better with included basket than the paper filters for some reason. Easy set-up and pour. A bit of a pain to fill as markings on the inside reservoir and markings are a bit difficult to read on carafe when filling in the sink. Easy work arounds though. keeps coffee hot and glass seems thin but tough. carafe lid is tricky at first but very easy to learn to clean and put back.
i am thinking about getting the insulated carafe (personal choice). unit is light and feels cheap. clock is too small but we al have clocks in our kitchen to over come this oversight.
overall OK
Cons Filling and appears Cheap
on March 6, 2012
The coffee maker is a good looking brushed aluminum and black combo with easy to use dials and settings for programming morning coffee. It emits a pinging sound when it is finished brewing but it is so quiet only my wife can hear it. It has an easy to pour in fresh water area and brews great coffee. I recommend it.
on April 18, 2016
Love this coffee maker.
Owned one for six years before it began having issues. When started with the automatic timer it wouldn't turn on the hot plate. Still worked fine for normal brewing.

Makes delicious coffee and keeps it hotter then any other coffee maker that I have tried. Pipping hot!

Buy it, you'll love it!
on April 13, 2010
This machine is very reliable; used with fresh-ground coffee beans it makes an excellent cup of coffee. With the current model, when you pull the carafe out mid-cycle, it drips one or two drops. The case, unlike the former model, is made of genuine simulated stainless steel. Don't forget to run a cycle with white vinegar periodically to remove scale buildup, followed by a cycle of cold water.
10 Nov. '15 Five years on, machine has kicked the bucket and I am ordering a new one, identical I trust. This will be my third. I keep the carafes in case I break one. Since I grind the coffee ultra fine, I favor the cone filter to avoid possible overflow.
on April 18, 2016
The cup fill lines are inside the machine and the lines on the carafe don't match those inside the brewer volume for volume. The machine makes good coffee and the sleek design looks good on the counter.
on August 31, 2010
This is a great coffee pot and I have bought two of them, both still in use. I agree with the reviews which talk about 'drips' when you pull the pot out and also 'drips' when you open the lid (this only happens if you lift the lid all the way up and the condensation runs down to the counter - I don't usually do this as I open in part way to take out the used filter and it is always dry by morning). My complaint would be the handle that doesn't seem to be attached well to the pot. Our first one broke and wasn't able to find a glue that would fix it permanently. Seems like a weak point in the pot. It's a very smart looking pot and we see it on the counter on the set of "Two and a Half Men", so if it's good in Malibu, it's good enough for us!! LOL
on October 7, 2012
I was very wary of which coffee maker to buy. All the major chain stores just sell average coffee makers that last 2-3 years then you throw it out and do it again. This time I did a lot of research on the internet into what makes a good cup of coffee. After a lot of trying to figure out what I wanted then I had to find my price range. Bunn machines are just too expensive, more for heavy duty continuous use. I came across the Cuisinart and realized that I had a set of their knives and a complete set of pots and pans of their brand and was impressed by their workmanship and quality. I searched high and low for a retailer selling their coffee makers but I found most of them too expensive. I went looking online. They are still quite expensive relative to average machine prices, but I found a really good sale price on Amazon.ca that I couldn't resist. It was roughly 25-30% cheaper than my best price to date. I was sold. The product has various temperature settings which was one of my pet peeves about coffee makers in general. I discovered a whole new world of coffee. Suddenly regular grocery store brand names tasted much much better. I found that run of the mill coffee can actually taste much better. It's all in the brewing temperature. I have mine set at a medium temp which is around 40 degrees hotter than any off the shelf coffee maker. It was a huge taste difference. I will never go back to cheap mass produced machines again. This puppy just loves to make a great cup of Joe. I found that high priced coffee and medium priced coffee both taste great. Play around with the amount you put in to adjust to taste.