5.0 out of 5 stars Veryvery American!
I wonder why some Americans don't appreciate this
kind of CD too much.
I was a Japanese tourist to NYC visiting a friend,
watched this movie there and bought this CD at
"Banes&nobles", a big shop. Back in Japan I'm playing
this CD during dinner telling my parents "This is
American love songs in a little French taste",...
Published on May 30 2004 by nyctko

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTED
Great movie. Disappointing CD as there are only 14 tracks of the 28 from the movie on the CD. What a let down. I loved all the tracks. I most certainly would/will pay double to have all of the tracks. Come on SONY do me/us a big favour and release the real sound track.
Published on June 13 2004

I was a Japanese tourist to NYC visiting a friend,
watched this movie there and bought this CD at
"Banes&nobles", a big shop. Back in Japan I'm playing
this CD during dinner telling my parents "This is
American love songs in a little French taste", that's
making their dinner like a dinner in the heaven!
65 father get romantic with 63 mother having Japanese
food and sake listening to this CD. so it works for
you too! They even didn't watch this movie! Very very
good movie music. You can have Louis Armstrong and
Jack Nicholson singing the same song "LA VIE EN ROSE"
very New York! NYC is always good at adopting different
culture this time adopting French works good on this CD.
I'm very much happy having this CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars song titles and boum boum!, March 22 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
The album is good on its own, it's very relaxing, and perfectly evokes the part in the movie where Erica was doing her writing and Harry was around.. It would've been REALLY great if it had included all the contemporary songs like Paul Simon's "Learn How to Fall", the Krazytown song "Butterfly" and Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning", Earth Wind and Fire's "Sing a Song". And the song someone here was looking for is really titled "Boum Boum", sung by Charles Trenet. All the more contemporary songs weren't in the album, so disappointing! I hope they decide to release another soundtrack to the album, with all the missing songs.

3.0 out of 5 stars HELP - Looking for a song, too..., April 15 2004
"billsem" (stratford, ct) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
The movie was pretty good and so is the soundtrack--for the most part. I agree with the people who have posted reviews before me... the soundtrack is missing that great song from the Diane Keaton/Keanu Reeves scene in her kitchen. I am also searching for the song, like others. Does anyone know what the name of that song is and who sings it? It isn't "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 as a previous poster suggested. I am sure that it wasn't Jamiroquai, as I did not see it listed in the song credits after the film, but it sounded a lot like him. It was a jazz song, with a great guitar. If anyone can figure it out......please post!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, but missing a great song on soundtrack, Dec 18 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
The movie was great and so is the soundtrack--for the most part. I agree with the people who have posted reviews before me...the soundtrack is missing that great song from the Diane Keaton/Keanu Reeves scene in her kitchen. I hate to post such a question here, but does anyone know what the name of that song is and who sings it? It isn't "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 as a previous poster suggested. I am sure that it wasn't Jamiroquai, as I did not see it listed in the song credits after the film, but it sounded a lot like him. If anyone can figure it out......please post!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Jan. 25 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
Just saw the movie recently and loved it. Picked up the CD on a whim as I was checking out of a music store. This will indeed end up being one of my all time favorites ! The selection of the different tracks is simply perfect and the quality of each is outstanding ! Have listened to it over and over since purchasing it (less than 24 hours ago) and want to hear it again and again! It leaves you feeling just plain good !! The varioius French selections are different and intoxicating, and Jack Nicholson's version of "La Vie en Rose" on the last track is the best !

5.0 out of 5 stars Song Help, April 17 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
Im having trouble figuring out the name of a song that was in the movie. Its where Jack Nicholson's character is being taken out of the car that has just arrived at the beach house from the hospital. And the daughter says she has to go to NY and Diane keatons character says something like "where is he going to stay" and they say "With you" and then a song starts.....it goes something like "Shes feelin, we feelin, shes feelin, round and round we go".........having trouble finding the name of the song, or artist...........please help! thnx

4.0 out of 5 stars Answer perhaps..., Dec 29 2003
AbbyKate "katewithak" (little britain, oklahoma, usa) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
I think the song the person from CT was referring to was 'Baby,It's Cold Outside' however, I don't remember it from the movie.
I don't think this soundtrack is that bad. A tad lacking in more contemporary songs, but a good mix of the French stuff that plays while Erica (Diane Keaton) writes. Better than some movie soundtracks...but worse than others. If you want a really good soundtrack, buy Love Actually instead. The Maroon 5 song that's in this movie is also in Love Actually and therefore on the Love Actually soundtrack.

4.0 out of 5 stars texas-czech, Jan. 1 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
I'm not with the majority on this one. I'm just so happy they included most of the great French music and the strangely adorable Jack Nicholson rendition of "Vie en Rose" from the credits. It's so strange to me that we all saw the same movie and all came away thinking, "I loved the music!", but we were all the while loving completely different songs. Which is why I give the soundtrack 4 stars instead of 5, because I think they should have given us EVERYTHING, so we could all be happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars It IS "Sunday Morning"--I'm so glad..., Jan. 3 2004
Cynthia A. Galley (Anaheim, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Something's Gotta Give (Audio CD)
I loved the soundtrack (the French songs were GREAT), however Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning" (the song playing when Keanu Reeves is eating @ the dinner table with Diane Keaton (Erica) and her sister) and Paul Simon's "Learn How To Fall" songs were not included--the songs included on there, however, were great! I will be buying the soundtrack to "Love Actually"--does anybody know if the entire song "Sunday Morning" is on there? It looks as though it's a medley or a mix...just wondering!

Something's Gotta Give
Something's Gotta Give by Hans Zimmer (Audio CD - 2003)