5.0 out of 5 stars Fab
i'm from ireland bought seasons 2,3,4 loved them all great quailty and sound strange packing but didn't mind pitty no speacial features wished they'd made more of them
Published on March 30 2006

1.0 out of 5 stars DUE SOUTH - EXCELLENT TV SHOW - POOR DVD!!!
I am since the very beginning of this TV SHOW a big fan. In the past I bought in United Kingdom all first & second seasons episodes (including the pilot) on VHS PAL tapes. Okay!
Published on Oct. 17 2004 by Marcus Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, March 30 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Due South: The Complete Third Season with Original Pilot (4 Discs) (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars More clarification, Oct. 8 2004
By A Customer
To clarify things - this is indeed the complete third season as it was seen internationally. We in the US didn't get separate third and fourth seasons; we got a combined "third" season that was missing four episodes that were seen by everyone else.
If this set had been the *incomplete* U.S. version of the "third" season, I for one would have been irate.
I received my set recently, but haven't been able to watch it yet. I do see that Alliance is still using the badly-designed cases, which irk me no end. However, they have advanced to single-sided discs with disc artwork, so that's a (small) improvement. I was really hoping that the Pilot movie would be on a separate disc, and that Mountie on the Bounty would be in the original two-hour format (as I believe it was on the VHS), but I guess we can't have everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars This *is* the complete third season, Oct. 3 2004
By A Customer
Just a note on the previous review: this *is* the complete third season, 1997-1998. Each of the final two seasons were made up of thirteen episodes. Season three runs from "Burning down the House" through "Mountie on the Bounty", and all thirteen episodes are collected here.
Season four is comprised of "Dr. Longball" through "Call of the Wild"; hopefully there won't be a gap of over a year between this set and the season four set, as there was between seasons two and three.

1.0 out of 5 stars DUE SOUTH - EXCELLENT TV SHOW - POOR DVD!!!, Oct. 17 2004
When Due South was released on DVD, I jumped on this offer because I wanted so much to see it in crystal clear picture quality with an oustanding sound (the soundtrack including musics is wonderful).
I do not know how they did this disaster but the distributors produced a "so worst" DVD compression solution that you can see big visual artifacts on all episodes. I do accept that I watch my DVD on a 50" LCD TV Set which displays more technical issue than a small TV Set, but I get perfect picture display with the Avengers 1965 episodes! Not really funny...
This is my most disappointing purchase from Amazon (.com, .ca, .fr, .co.uk). A so bad picture quality that I can get better picture quality playing the VHS tapes! Can you believe that! Shame on such greedy distributors that do not care of people who plainly love this outstanding TV Show.
I nevertheless bought the third season on DVD. As I never bought it on VHS Tape, I shall not be able to compare the disaster and will be certainly less deceived. Last but not the least: the pilot is published on this last DVD set! I am not sure that such distributors watched this TV Show one time in their life... (grin :-)))
Best regards.

4.0 out of 5 stars due south season 3, Sept. 26 2004
Kimberly A Cathcart (Piqua, OH United States) - See all my reviews
tried to watch disc #2 tonight and it has no data on it! It won't load. My son said it doesn't look damaged, but it probably didn't get loaded at the factory. I have to send it back. Is anyone else having that problem? I was just getting ready to watch Bounty Hunter! How upseting!

1.0 out of 5 stars Episodes Missing, Sept. 30 2004
By A Customer
This DVD is advertised as the complete 3rd series. I'm sure you'll all appreciate how gutted I was to discover that 9 (yes, nine!) episodes were missing! Not exactly what was advertised! If anyone is looking to complete their Due South collection with this purchase. I WOULDN'T BOTHER

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, Jan. 21 2013
Great shows. Love the pilot episode. Watched them over and over. Characters have such dry humor. Gordon Pinsent is priceless in these as is Paul Gross. The bantering between characters makes the show. Would recommend to all!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars pq on 3d and 4th seasons is better than on 1st and 2d ..., Dec 14 2012
i love "due south" a lot and, as it is hard to find it with relatively good picture qualiiy and with english subtitles (english isn't my first language)and it is even harder to imagine that it will be in blu-ray quality any time soon, i think it was just the right thing to do to by it from amazon.ca. i already know by experience that canada made DVDs are often of a better quality than us made ones(especially pq...) and often have subtitles even if it's not mentioned anywhere. so i ordered it from amazon.ca. i was right. but the first two seasons's pq is about vhs pq... it is even mentioned in the warning in the begining of the disc ("...one can use this video tape (!!!) only for private... bla-bla-bla...). pity...
well, i'll manage somehow untill it'll apear on blu-ray (about year 2050?) or at least on DVDs with better pq (2020?). i am talking about pq a lot here b/c it becomes really important if one has big screen tv set, as almost every one have it now.
in the end it is better to have something than nothing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Half-Season, Oct. 9 2004
It's great having these episodes, even knowing you're going to have to shell out more money to buy season 4 when it is released. It's not a huge stretch of the imagination to see where the confusion came from: 13 episodes is a half season, and even trustworthy episode guide sites disagree on whether there were 3 or 4 seasons. Anyways, according to Alliance Atlantis, they are aiming for an early 2005 release of season 4. I'd take it with a grain of salt considering I got the same kind of message telling me season 3 would be released in January 2004.

5.0 out of 5 stars DUE SOUTH Season 3, Oct. 17 2011
I was very impressed with the quick delivery and it was in great shape when it got here-overall very happy. :)

Due South: The Complete Third Season with Original Pilot (4 Discs)
CDN$ 19.99