5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!!
After I received the remote there was no trouble setting it up with my playstation. It was easy and works great
Published 16 months ago by Jade

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for newer PS2's
Published on Feb. 2 2004 by Bradley Monton

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!!, March 28 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for newer PS2's, Feb. 2 2004
Bradley Monton (Boulder, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit (Video Game)
I haven't used this remote, so ignore the star rating above. I am writing just to inform people that this remote only works for newer PS2's: those with an IR receiver between the power button and the eject button. (I had to find this out the hard way, ordering this product only to discover that it was incompatible with the PS2 I had; I figured I should save other people from going through the hassle I did.)
As explained on the package of this remote, it does NOT work with PS2's that have model number SCPH-30001, SCPH-35001 GT, SCPH-30001 R, SCPH-39001, SCPH-39001/N, or SCPH-39010/N. To identify the model number of your system, refer to the label on the system rear or left side panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, Dec 7 2009
Dave Rodrigues (ontario) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit (Video Game)
We needed this remote for 3 different ps2's for a trade show (it turns out the ps2 is one of the cheapest and smallest vertical dvd players). This worked great with each playstation and allowed us to showcase our products on the screen with ease!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great dvd remote for starters, June 23 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit (Video Game)
If you are getting tired of using the controller for dvds, this remote is a great idea. It has many features and it always responds so you don't have to get up 2 feet in front of the sensor and push buttons a hundred times to pause or somthing. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that the buttons are a little smaller than i wanted but neverless it is a great remote. I highly recomend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying, April 24 2004
This review is from: PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit (Video Game)
There's a reason that not many electronics in my home have the Sony label on them: Every time I buy Sony, I am invariably disappointed and this remote typifies the reasons.
Sony did not do a very good job thinking up this unit's usability. It's as though they said, 48 hours before the PS2 went to market, "Oh shoot! We need a remote for this thing!" Of the 52 buttons, I have used all of 8 of them. And some of them don't even work on all DVDs, for example:
1- The play button. Even though I installed the drivers for this unit, only about half of my DVDs play when I hit the play button. Ususally, I have to begin them with either the X button on the remote or by using the controller.
2- The DVD menu button works on about 1/3 of the DVDs I own.
3- All those track and number buttons along the top don't do anything and this remote won't play your CDs except to navigate the CD menu in the same way the controller will.
4- Pause is an unavailable feature on the vast majority of DVDs.
5- There are a series of buttons which don't do anything in any situation: Audio, Shuffle, Angle, Program, Subtitle, Repeat, A<-->B, and Time, for example.
6- Want to use a second controller? You have to unplug the remote's IR port on the PS2, there's no bypass.
7- The buttons are tiny. Unless you have the fingers of a pianist, you'll hit wrong buttons on a fairly regular basis.
8- The range is maybe 10 feet, less than a controller with extension.
Overall, I wish I had gone with an aftermarket controller. The Sony remote is a poorly designed, poorly thought-out remote which does not deliver on the quality Sony claims to put in its products. Avoid this unit and if someone gives it to you then return it and buy a nicer one.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertisement, July 16 2004
Brandon Kent Erekson (Sandy, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit (Video Game)
This is a perfect example of false advertisement. If you're like the many that i've heard of trying to order a remote for the Playstation 2, Don't order this one unless you have a newer model. The picture shows an IR unit but it doesn't come with one. So save yourself the hassle and don't order this.

1.0 out of 5 stars incorrect product description - note!!!, July 1 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit (Video Game)
This remote is NOT as described; this is an identical remote to the $10 one available from Amazon directly and does NOT include the IR kit as pictured and described. I want my money back!

PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit
PlayStation 2 DVD Remote Controller Kit by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation2)
Used & New from: CDN$ 6.69