5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite movies
Published on May 16 2004 by Jer

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncut? Not really!
If you've never seen this movie before and you are a fan of Sailor Moon, by all means buy. I injoyed it greatly, however I saw a fan subtitled version a while back and this movie did not have the same scenes! They call this uncut but I clearly remember endearing scenes with Luna that have been removed and I have the old movie on my computer to prove it.
I loved the...
Published on July 19 2007 by S. A. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncut? Not really!, July 19 2007
S. A. Smith "That Hoopy Frood" (Louisiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sailor Moon S: The Movie (DVD)
I loved the version I first saw when I was younger so I bought this thinking I had close to the same thing. Disappointed in that area. If you've seen the other version, it's up to you to buy it or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite movies, May 16 2004
Jer "kingjer151" (Long Island, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sailor Moon S: The Movie (DVD)
This movie is focused on Luna and an astronomer kakeru who saves her life from getting hit by a car, and takes care of her when she is sick. He discovers a stone that was sent here by princess snow kaguya who plans to freeze the earth. The animation on the dvd is so much better than the vhs. If anyone is saying to themselves ill buy the vhs because its just sailor moon and its cheaper. Don't, because its not worth it. With this dvd you get japanese and english language. English Subtitles, and great animation. What more could you ask for.

4.0 out of 5 stars outer's messed up!!, May 10 2004
By A Customer
I rented this movie from the store and i was shocked by how the outer's sound! Sarah Lafluer can do sailor uranus! but Barbra redecki (neptune) sounds to old and pluto sounds like a 10 year old! And Badianu?? what kind of name is that!. this movie is beautifuly animated. One thing is that they should have changed the attack names for the outers! SPACE SWORD BLASTER! should have been URANUS SABER BLAST! and SUBMARINE REFLECTION should have been NEPTUNE DEEP REFLECTION! I was really mad when pluto uses PLUTO DEADLY SCREAM! she sounds insane i liked it better when it was just wispered dead scream. but over all this is a farly good movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally Intense Sailor Moon Movie, April 10 2004
L. Mintah "Author of the Heart" (Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sailor/S Hearts.. (VHS Tape)
This review is for the edited, dubbed version. I have not seen the uncut one.
Hearts in Ice is a beautiful, action-packed, sailor-stuffed movie that will make you cry. For an animated movie, the love story in "Hearts" is as intense as one in any German opera or Russian novel. And, the one struck by Cupid's arrow is not one of our schoolgirls or their chums - it is little Luna.
Every senshi is in this movie, with the exception of Sailor Saturn. We get to see them all work together, ALL their gorgeous transformations, and ALL their attacks. The climatic battle where they all unite is amazing, and had to be saved for a film: it is too cinematic for a thirty-minute TV episode.
The lameness of the villian and her annoying henchmen can be overlooked because of the crisp and gorgeous animation and the skilled voice talents. The winter setting is a refreshing change from the perpetual spring/summer of the series.
I do not feel I have missed out by watching the dubbed, edited version. I own a variety of both sub and dub, cut and uncut SM, so I know what I am saying when I feel nothing has been compromised here. Finally, this movie is not a short one like SM R. It is a full-length feature, so you will get your money's worth, even if you pay list price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its like an end to the season, April 4 2004
This review is from: Sailor Moon S: The Movie (DVD)
I bought this movie a long time ago when Sailor Stars was
still on TV. My brother,siters and I really liked it. We
love japanese-animated TV shows and movies. We have the whole 3rd
4th and 5th season on DVD. I recomend this movie to anyone
who likes Sailor Moon. I still watch this movie and continues
to be my favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars sailor moon unfinished, Jan. 31 2004
I'm a big fan of the book and wonder if we'll ever be able to see the last ever series of sailormoon on dvd??! sailor moon stars.... does it exist yet??
Being in england we've only just seen series 1 and 2, so the only way I can enjoy it is using amazon!
p.s I thought this dvd was lovely. you should buy it to get your own opinion! If you dont like it, auction it! but i love sailormoon!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars S Movie, Subbed, Dec 27 2003
This review is from: Sailor Moon S (VHS Tape)
This is my favourite of the three movies, mostly because it focuses on Luna. The cats get neglected in the series as far as character plot goes, acting more as exposition pushers than anything else. It's nice to see a movie about Luna's feelings.
I would suggest people see this with the original Japanese vocals, if only because Luna sounds much cuter that way, as opposed to her haughty librarian-esque vocals in the English versions

4.0 out of 5 stars My least favorite of the three., Oct. 7 2003
This review is from: Sailor/S Hearts.. (VHS Tape)
When I first saw this, I didn't expect anything big or small, so it was just what I pedicted.
I also wish they would come out with more movies of Sailor Moon and have them be longer.
The summary of this movie is basic:
A scientist sees a comet and gets a weird crystal that fell after the comet did. The next day, Luna is sick. The scientist saves her, and after a while, she falls in love with him, neglecting Artemis! Then Luna notices the crystal makes him weak. And a snow princess ccomes to earth wanting to freeze the earth and get her crystal back, and it's up to the sailor scouts to stop her.

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best sailor moon dvd around, July 7 2003
This review is from: Sailor Moon S: The Movie (DVD)
This is a good movie overall but it seems to lack the magical captivation of the S series. The plot is kind of hard to follow if you do not pay very close attention. My favorite part is when Luna becomes a person (sorry i know thats a spoiler). The part that makes me cringe is Haruka's (or Amara's) voice. It is higher than Minako's! Maybe rent this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sailor moon S movie - Dub, May 30 2003
This review is from: Sailor/S Hearts.. (VHS Tape)
Sailor moon S movie story is really cute and sweet how Luna falls in love for the first time (I think...) and wanting to be human.
What I liked- The storyline liked I explained above its cute and sweet, really good artwork and you can see Luna as human.
What I disliked about it- bad dub, the monsters make this weird sounds (annoying ones), its a dub think dic dub
If you're a Sailor moon fan I would rather go for the subtiteled version but then again this is a great story and its great if you have small children that like Sailor moon.

ARRAY(0xaf590e7c)

Sailor Moon S: The Movie
Sailor Moon S: The Movie by Hiroki Shibata (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 121.53