5.0 out of 5 stars YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE
THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL I WATCH it before i go to sleep when i wake up pretty much all day can't wait till season 1 part 2 comes out AND SEASON 2 AND REMEBER YOOOOOOOOOO JOE FOREVER
Published on May 15 2004 by damian campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Season 1?
While I am ecstatic that GI*JOE has finally been released on DVD, I am disappointed to see that these shows aren't "Season 1". If they are going to say Season 1 then they should release Season 1's shows!
Published on June 22 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Season 1?, June 22 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE, May 15 2004
damian campbell (THE TERRORDROME SNAKE ISLAND) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars yyyyooooooo joooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee!, May 1 2004
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
This box set is well worth the puchase a 5***** for sure.The only sad thing is that part 2 to this season was supposed to come out April 27 04 but now is pushed back to June 8 04 DOH! but regardless buy this item its a no brainer for all of you who remember how good this show was will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally on DVD. Here is proof that God does exist!, April 30 2004
Paul Schifferli (Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
I am eternally greatful that G.I. Joe is finally on DVD. But the problem is I'm getting impatient! I want the rest of the cartoon! As well as the DiC cartoon. I know, I know.. The Dic cartoon wasn't very good, but it had a few good episodes, and the it's the principle of the thing for a Joe freak like me

5.0 out of 5 stars My controls are locked, I can't eject!, March 27 2004
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
I can't stop watching this DVD... G.I. Joe is back and just as awesome as I remember. Some of the transfer leaves a bit to be desired, the opening of the regular episodes is from the second season, the extras are paltry at best, and a couple of those seriously old-school PSA's looked like they were dubbed on somebody's half-broken dual-deck VCR; But, shut up, Mr. Yuk, 'cause G.I. Joe is on DVD and they're kicking Cobra's all over my big screen TV in surround sound. It's kinda crappy, it's super-violent in that syndicated eighties way, and the laws of physics are right out the window. But it's more fun than a transforming Thundercat fighting a teenage mutant Care Bear.
DVD highlights include "Twenty Questions," a level headed look at the relationship between the military and the media, the "Pyramid of Darkness" movie, which boasts the most Cobra technological advancements per episode(Giant A. I. water-robots and fire-breathing eugenic monsters in the first episode alone,) and that crazy/wierd two-part Synthoid Conspiracy with the seriously acerbic clone Duke. But not "Cold Slither," the episode where Cobra makes Zartan and the Dreadnoks into a hair band, or "The Wrong Stuff," in which G. I. Joes parachute from space to directly in front of Joe H.Q. They're both in Season 1 Part 2. Buy it at the end of April. Yo Joe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected!!, March 5 2004
N. Lamb "mxpx316czhgxf" (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
With all the new releases of the Transformers on DVD, it was only a matter of time before G.I. Joe showed up. What a memory trip! Actually, the first thing I was struck by was the storylines. Compared to Transformers, the writing for most of these episodes is superb. (A few are still rather weak, though.) I have rekindled my love of Zartan, who now that I think about it, looks like a guitar player in a Norwegian Black Metal band. (How cool would that be?!) The episodes are great and I am still disappointed that Cobra cannot figure out the way to world domination has nothing to do with kidnapping scientists. They waste so much time that way. Anyhow, among the more amusing things in this collection are the sound effects. Listen carefully and you will hear all sorts of sounds from the Star Wars movies...lightsabers, TIE Fighters, blaster fire!! I have noticed this with Transformers, too. It is pretty funny to hear the Cobra troops fire a weapon that sounds like the floating training ball Luke uses on the Millenium Falcon. They don't even bother to edit out the sound of Luke flicking the light saber off. This is still a great DVD and I will certainly waste a lot of time watching the episodes instead of studying.

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, Feb. 18 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
I have been waiting a long time for this, and if you are a fan of GI Joe, or enjoyed the Transformer DVD box sets that Rhino has done, this is a must have. The picture and sound are great, and most of these episodes are even better than I remember them. Hope they hurry and put out the next set. YO JOE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost There, Feb. 11 2004
Conner Kent (Burbank, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
This was a set I had always wanted, and I am so happy Rhino finally put it out. The PSA's, only some of which were on the Movie DVD release, are on here, and that's the highlight and great to be able to show friends.
I am disappointed to see that at least with the episodes I've seen so far, the 1986 opening titles are seen on "Season 1" episodes. I think partly because the 1985 version has always been a favorite of mine it's really too bad. (Do really need to see Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, Dr. Mindbender etc. on this set's opening titles if we don't see them in the episodes?)
But still... I was so happy these are on DVD, and one COULD argue that after a while the syndicated airings always went with the 1986 opening. It could be worse. We could have gotten the "Got To Get Tough" opening ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo Joe!!!, Feb. 5 2004
J. Ledoux (Des Moines, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
I only expected a walk down memory lane when I ordered the first season of G.I. Joe, but this collection absolutely took me back in time. Each episode...exquisite! The only drawback was the worthless interviews on the fourth DVD. The public service announcements(PSA) were as I had always remembered and unchanged. This DVD set is a must for anyone who watched and played G.I. Joe in the 1980's.

5.0 out of 5 stars "..he never gives up he'll stay till the fights won..", Jan. 31 2004
DESTRO ATTACKS (loDIE, new joisey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: G.I. Joe:S1 (DVD)
At long last,the g.i.joe series has finally made it to DVD. and rhino has done this dvd justice with a decent 5.1 audio mix and a lil bonus interview with joe scribe cristy marx who wrote the excellent synthoid conspriacy 2-parter. this series was ahead of it's time especially in regards to what's happening now. (terroism)i didn't care for the PSAs, i have enough of them on the gijoe movie disc and i wish rhino could include the animated 30 second marvel comic commercials (which IMHO were better than some of the series' epidsodes.)many praises go to steven gerber was the story editor of season 1. the series/toyline however did not appear without a bit of controversy; i.e. being regarded as a violent 30 minute toy commercial,one of the villians being regarded as a schzophrenic,etc. but to this very day GIJOE is still regarded as one of the biggest pop icons of the 80's along with miami vice,transformers etc. i'm not really looking forward to season 2 (which i'm sure rhino will realease)mainly because it was somewhat dissapointing and buzz dixon could as story editor did not cut it. although i did like arise serpentor arise.
btw the intro/theme still kicks ass.

G.I. Joe:S1
G.I. Joe:S1 by DVD (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 109.99 CDN$ 99.86