Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Black Friday Deals Week in Music Kindle SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on June 22, 2004
While I am ecstatic that GI*JOE has finally been released on DVD, I am disappointed to see that these shows aren't "Season 1". If they are going to say Season 1 then they should release Season 1's shows!
on June 21, 2004
this isn't really a review. i just wanted to thank mr. james phillip bull for listing the episodes on the dvd. that helps me out a lot.
on May 27, 2004
Okay, so never mind the fact that producing a DVD has a set of costs having nothing to do with the production (writing, acting, other production values) of the original show for TV. Even still, GI Joe is a bunch of half-hour episodes. Buffy and Angel Season sets are an hour-long on TV and there are 22 of each a year. They sell for less than this GI Joe set. Plus, they have way more extra features. I loved this show when I first saw it at age 4, as I did Transformers, and mourned its death after the movie in 1987; what came after was awful, including the theme song ("Got to get tough" anyone). However, aren't both the realization that these stories are embarrassingly bad and the cost prohibitive to people who loved it once buying it?
on May 15, 2004
THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL I WATCH it before i go to sleep when i wake up pretty much all day can't wait till season 1 part 2 comes out AND SEASON 2 AND REMEBER YOOOOOOOOOO JOE FOREVER
on May 1, 2004
This box set is well worth the puchase a 5***** for sure.The only sad thing is that part 2 to this season was supposed to come out April 27 04 but now is pushed back to June 8 04 DOH! but regardless buy this item its a no brainer for all of you who remember how good this show was will not be dissapointed.
on April 30, 2004
I am eternally greatful that G.I. Joe is finally on DVD. But the problem is I'm getting impatient! I want the rest of the cartoon! As well as the DiC cartoon. I know, I know.. The Dic cartoon wasn't very good, but it had a few good episodes, and the it's the principle of the thing for a Joe freak like me
on March 27, 2004
I can't stop watching this DVD... G.I. Joe is back and just as awesome as I remember. Some of the transfer leaves a bit to be desired, the opening of the regular episodes is from the second season, the extras are paltry at best, and a couple of those seriously old-school PSA's looked like they were dubbed on somebody's half-broken dual-deck VCR; But, shut up, Mr. Yuk, 'cause G.I. Joe is on DVD and they're kicking Cobra's all over my big screen TV in surround sound. It's kinda crappy, it's super-violent in that syndicated eighties way, and the laws of physics are right out the window. But it's more fun than a transforming Thundercat fighting a teenage mutant Care Bear.
DVD highlights include "Twenty Questions," a level headed look at the relationship between the military and the media, the "Pyramid of Darkness" movie, which boasts the most Cobra technological advancements per episode(Giant A. I. water-robots and fire-breathing eugenic monsters in the first episode alone,) and that crazy/wierd two-part Synthoid Conspiracy with the seriously acerbic clone Duke. But not "Cold Slither," the episode where Cobra makes Zartan and the Dreadnoks into a hair band, or "The Wrong Stuff," in which G. I. Joes parachute from space to directly in front of Joe H.Q. They're both in Season 1 Part 2. Buy it at the end of April. Yo Joe.
on March 5, 2004
With all the new releases of the Transformers on DVD, it was only a matter of time before G.I. Joe showed up. What a memory trip! Actually, the first thing I was struck by was the storylines. Compared to Transformers, the writing for most of these episodes is superb. (A few are still rather weak, though.) I have rekindled my love of Zartan, who now that I think about it, looks like a guitar player in a Norwegian Black Metal band. (How cool would that be?!) The episodes are great and I am still disappointed that Cobra cannot figure out the way to world domination has nothing to do with kidnapping scientists. They waste so much time that way. Anyhow, among the more amusing things in this collection are the sound effects. Listen carefully and you will hear all sorts of sounds from the Star Wars movies...lightsabers, TIE Fighters, blaster fire!! I have noticed this with Transformers, too. It is pretty funny to hear the Cobra troops fire a weapon that sounds like the floating training ball Luke uses on the Millenium Falcon. They don't even bother to edit out the sound of Luke flicking the light saber off. This is still a great DVD and I will certainly waste a lot of time watching the episodes instead of studying.
on February 18, 2004
I have been waiting a long time for this, and if you are a fan of GI Joe, or enjoyed the Transformer DVD box sets that Rhino has done, this is a must have. The picture and sound are great, and most of these episodes are even better than I remember them. Hope they hurry and put out the next set. YO JOE!
on February 11, 2004
This was a set I had always wanted, and I am so happy Rhino finally put it out. The PSA's, only some of which were on the Movie DVD release, are on here, and that's the highlight and great to be able to show friends.
I am disappointed to see that at least with the episodes I've seen so far, the 1986 opening titles are seen on "Season 1" episodes. I think partly because the 1985 version has always been a favorite of mine it's really too bad. (Do really need to see Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, Dr. Mindbender etc. on this set's opening titles if we don't see them in the episodes?)
But still... I was so happy these are on DVD, and one COULD argue that after a while the syndicated airings always went with the 1986 opening. It could be worse. We could have gotten the "Got To Get Tough" opening ;)