4.0 out of 5 stars A Spectacular Collection
My newly christian friend picked this up for pretty cheap and it has turned out to be an inspiration. Although all the songs are not by the "normal" artists, it is still powerful to hear these songs by ANY artist! This is truly a very complete worship collection, our worship team actually does a good number of the songs on the cd.
I'd say about 85 % of the...
Published on June 20 2004 by Joanna

1.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking? Try Wallet-Breaking
Published on June 7 2004 by John Paul

4.0 out of 5 stars A Spectacular Collection, June 20 2004
Joanna (Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V1 Here I Am To Worship Worsh (Audio CD)
I'd say about 85 % of the tracks are enjoyable, some of the "new" ones are not that great. There is NO way to resist the urge to lift your voice in praise when you hear soars with lyrics like "Beautiful one, I love you", "Crucified! Laid behind the stone, you lived to die, rejected and alone. Like a rose, trampled on the ground. You took the fall and thought of me, above all!", or "You set my feet to dancing, you set my heart a fire, in the presence of a thousand kings you are my one desire."
No matter the artist, this CD is pure and honest praise at it's greatest. A very complete compelation that which will almost certainly have you worshiping in no time.
Favorite Tracks:
Beautiful One - Tim Hughes
Lord Reign in Me - Benton Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking? Try Wallet-Breaking, June 7 2004
This review is from: V1 Here I Am To Worship Worsh (Audio CD)
Okay, so let me get this straight. An ALL MIGHTY AND POWERFUL worship cd with "Blessed Be Your Name"? Check! "Enough?" Check! "We Fall Down?" Check! and (drum roll) "Here I am to Worship?" Check... WAIT A SECOND, this version isn't sung by Chris Tomlin, it's by this other wannabe who originally wrote the song. We don't want to hear that version, we want the other one that was really great from the 14th Passion CD! Impulse buyers, raise them ears and listen to what I'm about to say... look at the song list to see if you don't already have those songs on your other five million "Ultimate Praise and Worship Cd Albumns of (enter year here)". Come on, seriously, the Worship Together franchise is trying to rip us loyal, niave, and gullible christians off. They tell you that there are "NEW UNRECORDED SONGS NEVER BEFORE RELEASED IN NORTHEN AFRICA!" but that's not true. You've heard them all before. There is no original worship material. It's a rehash of the great 2000-2002 worship era, and they are trying to get some more scrilla out of us. But let's at least review a couple of "unreleased songs" that appear on this cd. The first is "O Praise Him"... yup this one is new. It's never been released, oh wait! IT WAS RELEASED 3 months beforehand on the Illuminate cd (I personally like the "Turn an ear, to KLOVE and hear" version better). Second, we have "Better is One Day". My response, you Better get four year old cd, Passion:Better Is One Day. Third, and I have to quit because I'm mad I threw away hard earned money, is a song they could've ACTUALLY claimed to be unreleased since it would come out two months later. That is "Undignified" from the new David Crowder Band's EP, Lime. I actually saw this cd on a roadtrip, saw Undignified by DCB(remembering my DCB concert expereince when they played this Redman song) and a store saw me impulse-buy this sucker to death. If you have ever seen DCB in concert... this is NOTHING like that version. I would bet money that the Insyderz wouldn't rush production on this song with so much punk potential... It's not even funny... but of course DCB was forced to release a crappy studio version. I can't seriously say a good thing about this cd. My advice would be to buy either David Crowder's Illuminate cd, Worship Together cd I Could Sing of Your Love Forever vol.1, ANY Passion cd, or just wait for a new Chris Tomlin, Tim Hughes, David Crowder Band and Matt Redman cd to come out because they'll have newer rehashed version of half the songs on this cd. I give it one star because I can't find "0 star".

1.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking? More like Wallet Breaking, June 7 2004
This review is from: V1 Here I Am To Worship Worsh (Audio CD)
Okay, so let me get this straight. An ALL MIGHTY AND POWERFUL worship cd with "Blessed Be Your Name"? Check! "Enough?" Check! "We Fall Down?" Check! and (drum roll) "Here I am to Worship?" Check... WAIT A SECOND, this version isn't sung by Chris Tomlin, it's by this other wannabe who originally wrote the song. We don't want to hear that version, we want the other one that was really great from the 14th Passion CD! Impulse buyers, raise them ears and listen to what I'm about to say... take four dollars and spend that towards the four songs that you don't already have on your other five million "Ultimate Praise and Worship Cd Albumns of (enter year here)". Come on, seriously, the Worship Together franchise is trying to rip us loyal, niave, and gullible christians off. They tell you that there are "NEW UNRECORDED SONGS NEVER BEFORE RELEASED IN NORTHEN AFRICA!" but that's not true. You've heard them all before. There is no original worship material. It's a rehash of the great 2000-2002 worship era, and they are trying to get some more scrilla out of us. But let's at least review a couple of "unreleased songs" that appear on this cd. The first is "O Praise Him"... yup this one is new. It's never been released, oh wait! IT WAS RELEASED 3 months beforehand on the Illuminate cd (I personally like the "Turn an ear, to KLOVE and hear" version better). Second, we have "Better is One Day". My response, you Better get four year old cd, Passion:Better Is One Day. Third, and I have to quit because I'm mad I threw away $17, is a song they could've ACTUALLY claimed to be unreleased since it would come out two months later. That is "Undignified" from the new David Crowder Band's EP, Lime. I actually saw this cd on a roadtrip, saw Undignified by DCB(remembering my DCB concert expereince when they played this Redman song) and Target saw me impulse-buy this sucker to death. If you have ever seen DCB in concert... this is NOTHING like that version. I would bet money that the Insyderz wouldn't rush production on this song with so much punk potential... It's not even funny... but of course DCB was forced to release a crappy studio version. I can't seriously say a good thing about this cd. My advice would be to buy either David Crowder's Illuminate cd, Worship Together cd I Could Sing of Your Love Forever vol.1, ANY Passion cd, or just wait for a new Chris Tomlin, Tim Hughes, David Crowder Band and Matt Redman cd to come out because they'll have newer rehashed version of half the songs on this cd. I give it one star because I can't find "0 star".

ARRAY(0xbe876744)

V1 Here I Am To Worship Worsh
V1 Here I Am To Worship Worsh by Various (Audio CD - 2004)
Click for more info