5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR SINBAD FANS
Published on Sept. 9 2004 by AN ADVENTURES OF SINBAD FAN

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad and Pathetic....
No, not sinbad. I remember it from TV watching days and liked what I saw of it (tho the CGI effects and the like haven't aged well). The DVD release is, on the other hand, crap. In order of problems noted:
No chapters. Just each entire episode as a chapter.
Published on July 14 2004 by alcar

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR SINBAD FANS, Sept. 9 2004
This review is from: Adventures Of Sinbad - The Complete First Season (DVD)
All 22 season one episodes on DVD - what can a fan of the series not be happy about! The quality was not that bad. I watched them all on a wide screen HDTV (in wide zoom mode) with a progrssive scan DVD player - only episode 2 (Return Of Sinbad, Part 2) and episode 17 (The Eyes Of Kratos) were grainy. The rest were superior to the original broadcast quality or a VHS copy. Who needs chapter selection for a 43 minute show?? Extras are not important for a true fan of this TV show. When is season 2 being released?

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon Canada!!!, July 10 2006
Jennifer C. Young "Jennifer" (Southern NH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventures Of Sinbad - The Complete First Season (DVD)
I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have FINALLY found Adventures of Sinbad!! This was and always will be my favorite show! I have been looking for over 8 years for the DVD for any season and to have finally found it, well to say I am beyond thrilled is a huge understatment. This is a must have for any AoS fan! I think the clarity on the DVD is fantastic especially for a show that aired 10 years ago. Yeah, maybe the special effects aren't what we are used to nowadays, but so what.. it's the story and the cast that makes it all worth while, especially Zen Gesner.. Totally love him in this role, it was made for him! Everything is coming back to me like it was just yesterday I watched it.

A huge thank you from the States for having this, it was worth every penny to get it across the border! Now the big question is, WHEN WILL SEASON 2 BE RELEASED??? Sign me up for it when it does!

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, Dec 1 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Adventures Of Sinbad - The Complete First Season (DVD)
I'm really enjoying the series, watching them in order at my leisure. I find the picture quality just fine. I would also like to buy the 2nd season, so when is it going to be released?

5.0 out of 5 stars The show, not the DVD, Aug. 10 2004
F. Gregori "Seiya the leaper" (Trieste, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventures Of Sinbad - The Complete First Season (DVD)
I agree with a review I read here, the DVDs weren't the best... no chapter selection and no extras, and the pictures WERE a bit grainy. Still, I THANK whoever is responsible for giving us AoS on DVD... I only watched it in Italian, and this way I was able to finally watch the whole thing in English (even though I couldn't unserstand everything they said) and have it safe on an ever-lasting (hopefully) DVD and not on a ruinable (is that even English?) tape!!! So forget the cons, and BUY IT!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad and Pathetic...., July 14 2004
This review is from: Adventures Of Sinbad - The Complete First Season (DVD)
No chapters. Just each entire episode as a chapter.
The biggest, though, is the quality is sub-par. it's very grainy and looks like it was a rip from a TV screen or something. Waiting until a later release (one with any kind of extra at all kthx) might be worth your while.

Adventures Of Sinbad - The Complete First Season