5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!! Builds further on the first set!!!
Published on May 12 2004 by Nick Voight

1.0 out of 5 stars Uhh.....there is alot missing here
Published on May 2 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!! Builds further on the first set!!!, May 12 2004
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
Alright to start off, I would like to say these episodes are not out of order like everyone is complaining about! They put the episodes based on NBC's airdate order, so thats why they seem out of order. I was thoroughly pleased with the Seasons 1+2 set even though it did not contain any extras, I am just happy to have all the episodes on DVD. This set has the episodes from the 3rd and 4th seasons plus commentaries on multiple episodes by Exec Producer Peter Engle, Dustin Diamond(Screech), Lark Voorhies(Lisa), and Dennis Haskins(Mr. Belding) There are 3 commentaries with just Peter Engle, and these are so bad it's hilarious. Then there are two commentaries by Diamond, Voorhies, and Haskins, and these are really entertaining. However, the best of the commentaries occur when Engle, Diamond, Voorhies, and Haskins get together. Not only are these interesting, they are hilarious! Dustin Diamond spends the whole episode making fun of Peter Engle. Overall, an amazing set and definately worth buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Alright..., May 6 2004
Ham Sammich (Columbus, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
After being very disappointed with the 1st and 2nd season's DVD boxed sets, I purchased season 3 and 4 for mostly archival purposes. I am in a constant state of paranoid fear that someday TBS will stop showing Saved By the Bell in syndication, so the fact that these boxed sets are available at all is reason enough for me to buy them.
The absence of special features, coupled with the shoddy packaging of the first boxed set made me very angry, despite the relatively low price of the set for two seasons. I, as had many other fans, vented my rage on Amazon.com...and Lion's Gate or NBC Entertainment (or what have you) listened!! And good for them.
However, there is still quite a bit of room for improvement. The packaging still leaves much to be desired. Although the cardboard is more substantial, it is still a funky fold-out without an outer box. I commend them on their decision to put any stickers on the outside of the shrink wrap so that upon removal, the cardboard does not rip. Cool beans.
The back cover boasts commentary from cast members and this is somewhat misleading. Commentary is found on only a few episodes by some combination of the following: Peter Engel (producer), Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding), Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle), and Dustin Diamond (if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you). The commentaries that exclusively feature by Peter Engel are unlistenable. He sounds like a retarded old man reading a prepared statement. Those commentaries that feature the actors, however, are well worth the price of admission. On one episode, Dustin Diamond does the commentary solo and the result is pure brilliance. His attitude toward being a formerchildstar is as healthy as I've ever seen-such an attitude translates well to episode commentary. He's loose, he's witty, he's Sceech.
Always frustrating, of course, is the order of the episodes. I'm still very confused about what happened when and who the hell Tori is. The "Malibu Sands" episodes are all out of order, spliced by other episodes that take place at the school-so confusing.
And let me let you in on a funny little secret (I have to give my husband full credit for spotting this). In one of the pictures of the cast on the box, there is a picture with all the kids and Mr. Belding. That picture is actually from the "No Hope With Dope" episode, which featured then-NBC president Brandon Tartikoff. Mr. Belding's head was photo-shopped on to Brandon Tartikoff's body. It's really corny.
Overall, it was a good second try. Hopefully, the third time will be the charm. I really look forward to getting explanations for certain issues that have plagued me and so many others of my generation since seventh grade. In the first Tori episode, why does Slater dance with a tree? Is there any transition whatsoever between the Jessie/Kelly and the Tori episodes that I somehow missed? WHO IS TORI???

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to clarify..., May 4 2004
Brian (Spotswood, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
* The Saved by the Bell DVD sets are not 'missing episodes' as previous reviewers have claimed. The episodes sited are not in this set, but there is a reason for this.
* The sets are being released in full seasons BASED ON NBC's PRODUCTION NUMBERING SYSTEM. The episodes are presented not in chronological order, but in the order NBC had numbered them.
I hope this clears up any confusion. There have always been questions about how the Saved by the Bell seasons actually are broken down, because of the show's airing Saturday mornings instead of in a normal prime time schedule, and because of the "Malibu Sands" and "Tori Episodes" season divisions.
* There are, in fact, FIVE seasons of Saved by the Bell according to NBC records, and the seasons do not break down evenly with the years the gang is in high school. For example, there are episodes that take place in the 10th grade, or second year of high school, that were not actually aired until the THIRD season of the show. Because of this, NBC has numbered these episodes as being part of the third season. They were not 'missing' from the first DVD set, but rather considered under this system to be included in the DVD set for Seasons Three and Four. The decision to release the episodes according to this system also accounts for the 'jumping around' in continuity.
* Just know that Lion's Gate has been good enough to bring us Saved by the Bell on DVD. And the improved packaging and commentary overshadow the inconveinience of having the episodes presented 'out of order' in terms of chronology. And wait for a Season Five release before you get upset over 'missing episodes'

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS OF ALL TIME, March 9 2004
Vanessa Ryan (Melbourne, Victoria Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!. I am such a big fan of this show. I grew up watching ''Saved by the Bell'' when I was in primary school in the early 90's, and I must admit once the show finished and I started high school there had been a long absence before I got reunited with this amazing series again.Thankfully through having cable I got reunited with it and taped every episode to make sure I'd never have to part from it again. And then the most wonderful thing happen about 6 or lest months later...series 1 and 2 came on DVD. Once watching this series and owing the first two series on DVD brought a flood of memories back of saturday morning eagerly awaiting for ''Saved by the Bell'' to start and watching it. I'm sooooooo happy and proud to own this delightful, intelligent, fun show. And I desperatly can't wait for season 3 and 4, and if it's true that it will have commentaries by the cast I'm going to be doing hand stands! I love the whole cast. Elizabeth Berkley as Jesse has always been my favourite. And I especially can't wait for the episodes of when Jesse and Slater finally get together. I will forever adore this series and actor/characters in it.
by justine ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved by the Bell, July 15 2004
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
I'm so glad I can get all these on dvd now, they don't really show them on tv anymore and I used to watch this show every day when I came home from school. I really love Zach, he's hot and a schemer, always getting into fixes. Kelly, Lisa, Jessie, Slater and Screech are all cool too. Kelly and Zach made the best couple, I'd like to get their wedding dvd when it comes out too. I love the episodes with Jessie's stepbrother Eric, he was cool too. For Party of Five fans, check out a young Scott Wolf during the episode with the Glee Club, he's one of the singers but he's just an extra. Tori Spelling is also in this as Screech's girlfriend. The only extra's here are a few commentaries on episode but you get the episodes and that's what really counts. This was the best show, I know they made a SBTB: The New Class with different actors but it was terrible and I don't think anyone watched it. If you buy SBTB this set and seasons 1-2 are the ones to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seasons 3 and 4 rule!!!, Feb. 6 2004
Mitch Cumstein (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
I'm so excited that Seasons 3 and 4 of Saved By The Bell are soon coming out on DVD! I grew up watching these guys!
The greatest episode in the series' history is from Season 4 - "The Fight." In "The Fight," Zack and Slater compete for the heart of a new girl in school. Things get pretty competitive and Zack and Slater come to blows during a school dance at The Max. When Mr. Belding tried to break up the fight, they accidently knocked off a toupee he was wearing and it landed in a punch bowl! I never get sick of watching that episode- it is by far my favorite one.
Another famous episode on this DVD set is "Pipe Dreams," where oil was discovered under the school and everyone dreams of riches. However, after an oil spill in which Screech gets doused with crude oil, Zack and the gang have a change of heart and convince the school board not to drill the oil out. It's a cheesy, but memorable episode.
This DVD set is a steal at just $30!

1.0 out of 5 stars Uhh.....there is alot missing here, May 2 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
Okay....I grew up watching Saved By the Bell and I loved every show! When I heard that Saved By The Bell was coming out on DVD I was thrilled but when I bought Seasons 1 & 2 I was kind of disappointed that the real Season 1(the Miss. Bliss Episodes)was not included but other than that I was pleased so I bought Seasons 3 & 4 and I couldn't belive how much was missing! Season 4 is basically completely missing..."The Fight", "Student Teacher Week","Screech's Spaghetti Sauce", "The Bayside Triangle", "Wrestling with the Future", Love Machine","Isn't it Romantic","The Teacher's Strike","The Senior Prom","The Time Capsule" and "The Graduation Special" are all missing! I'm glad to have the episodes that it does have but I thought I was paying for Seasons 3 & 4 but all I really got was Season 3!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This Is what Seasons 3 and 4 are, April 27 2004
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
I have just bought the dvd and I have discovered what they are finally doing. First off everyone has to go the website that has the right episode guide so u can mark down how to follow the episodes the right way. You thought season 1 and 2 were bad, seasons 3 and 4 episodes are all over the place. The first 3 episodes on the dvd are continued episodes from season 2.. The belding boys, Breaking up is hard to undo and the glee club. the video, and snow white episodes still dont appear even though they are from season 2 which is 10th grade. Basically the dvd is Season 3 which can be considered 11th grade in its entirety. And the extra season in there is the malibu sand episodes.. I figure somtime in the next few months they will release Seasons 5 and 6 which will probably be Grade 12 and the Tori episodes.. That seems to be the plan now that i see how they are setting this up.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Hawaiian Style" TV Movie, Feb. 14 2004
Nicholas Gathany "Che Tralfara" (Kennett Square, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
Firstly, It was great to see a show from this time period released on dvd as complete seasons (I'm still impatiently awaiting "the cosby show" and "roseanne"), but I hope when they release the 3rd and 4th seasons, they include the 2 hour TV Movie "Saved By The Bell : Hawaiian Style" which aired in between seasons 3 and 4. I'm worried that they won't because the first DVD set included 5 discs, and the next will only include 4. This doesn't make any sense because seasons 1 & 2 had 34 episodes in total, and seasons 3 & 4 had 52 episodes in total, and that's NOT including the TV movie. So are we to expect no TV Movie and crappier video/audio compression to squeeze it on to 4 discs? I hope they at least include a booklet this time. With the first set, I thought I had bought a set that someone had returned without the booklet and was repackaged and restocked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Damn!, April 17 2004
Sean Adams (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] (DVD)
it's about time. i was wondering just the other day as i was looking at my season 1&2 DVD's if they were even going to release any more seasons on DVD or if someone had forgotten about the market behind sbtb. now after they produce season 5 (&6 if there was one) someone needs to get crackin' on some DVD's for California Dreams... the only show in the world that made a fitting replacement upon sbtb being snatched off the air in 93 and being replaced with a pale facsimile (the college years) and other poor attempts to keep it going using other actors... unwise! but i'm happy to have the good ol' memories back so clear and not have to tape the show off cable anymore and run it into premiere and possibly even after effects and then have to burn them to DVD-R... sure you get your own effects but it's too expensive.

Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import]
Saved By the Bell: Season 3 & 4 [Import] by Don Barnhart (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 21.77
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available